Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed this in a couple of movies too, they are produced by "19studios" which is the name of it

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That and the fact that its in a wheel/ball, and that the CK in CKx is written in Crimson!!

Again: !!!!!!

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another crazy 'coincidence'. This one probably done on purpose.

Wilfrid Laurier Unoversity Faculty of Arts webpage: http://www.wlu.ca/homepage.php?grp_id=35

At the top of the page right under the toolbar where it says Faculty of Arts.

Symbol of Eld, anyone?

John F. Kennedy ENDER1984 is on a distinguished road ENDER1984's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MY WIFE ASKS ME THE OTHER DAY," SO HOW DID YOU GET STARTED READING THESE " DARK TOWER " BOOKS?" SO I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND REMEMBERED HOW I HAS WENT LOOKING FOR A BOOK TO READ ABOUT A YEAR AGO IN AN OLD BOX WHERE I KEEP ALL THE BOOKS I'VE READ SINCE I WAS 10. I FOUND "THE GUNSLINGER" IN THE BOX, AND I JUST ASSUMED IT MUST HAVE BEEN MY BROTHER'S. BUT WHEN I ASKED HIM, HE SAID HE HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE. I DON'T KNOW HOW "THE GUNSLINGER" CAME TO BE IN THAT BOX ,BUT THEN AGAIN IT'S PROBABLY JUST KA.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That is actually a cool story Ender, its great to have you at the site.

I'm hoping you could not type your responses in all caps. There is a standard idea that all caps in text means someone is yelling

I know you aren't but the fact is, all caps makes a message very hard to read and I'm hoping to read many more from you.

Thank you
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry... it's a bad habit. I have never gotten very good at that dang shift key, i just hit the caps lock and away i go. I will be more mindful in the future.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I REALLY HATE CAPS LOCK!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ENDER1984 View Post
    Sorry... it's a bad habit. I have never gotten very good at that dang shift key, i just hit the caps lock and away i go. I will be more mindful in the future.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

On behalf of the whole board, its really cool to have you here.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ender, nice to have you here. I have a question about my earlier post...do you think King has the rights to the DT symbols and such?

Country
    Country Flag

Happy to be here...the site is all i hoped it would be when i stumbled upon it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ENDER1984 View Post
    Happy to be here...the site is all i hoped it would be when i stumbled upon it.
    no man, it's way better!

Back to topic: while I was reading Wolves, my wife had TV on, and they showed some twins' contest... they were not really twins, but doubles of famous people, including politicians and I kept thinking, which is the roont one? (more often than not, the answer was obvious, once one remembered our political life of then)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

19 has been the worst fucking number in my life, if 19 has been unlucky towards you, it might have something to do with me. especial coupled with 99, 19 has been horrid, any thing i ever got with a stock # that =19 (digt+digt+digit, ect.) has broken before i got it out of the box. anything with 19 letters in the name has; broken, is useless, overpriced, unreliable and more.
    theres only 1 good 19 thing in my life, Rolling Stone's 19th Nervous Breakdown

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Interesting coincidence--if you count The Dark Tower as one book, I currently have 19 Stephen King books.

1. The Dark Tower
    2. Insomnia
    3. Hearts in Atlantis
    4. Black House
    5. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales
    6. The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition
    7. The Eyes of the Dragon
    8. 'Salem's Lot
    9. The Talisman
    10. Rose Madder
    11. Desperation
    12. The Regulators
    13. From a Buick 8
    14. It
    15. Bag of Bones
    16. The Mist
    17. Different Seasons
    18. The Green Mile
    19. The Shining

Even if you don't, I had 19 Stephen King books before I made my more recent purchases.

1. The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (revised edition)
    2. The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
    3. The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
    4. The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass
    5. The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla
    6. The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
    7. The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    8. Insomnia
    9. Hearts in Atlantis
    10. Black House
    11. Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales
    12. The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition
    13. The Eyes of the Dragon
    14. 'Salem's Lot
    15. The Talisman
    16. Desperation
    17. The Regulators
    18. It
    19. The Shining

Honestly did not do it on purpose, as I'd forgotten I even had The Shining (had it even before Christmas of last year, when I got The Stand, and my birthday, when I got the rest of the books on my second list).

Gunslinger Apprentice Jonn Wolfe is on a distinguished road Jonn Wolfe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

13 instead of 19 here... Black 13 specifically.

Had a dream where I went Todash into my own future... and knew it. Kept trying to come back, and I'd slip forward a few years. Eventually got to the point where I saw myself in the mirror. I had a van-dyke goatee instead of a beard, and it was going gray.

Was FINALLY able to wake up, and realized I'd been asleep for a grand total of 58 minutes. 58. 5+8=13

Yeah, that freaked me the hell out.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about

I've had a few, but the one that sticks out in my mind ... in Overland Park, KS (KC metro area), there's a tall black office building whose address is marked Tower Road. I forget the number, but I don't think it adds up to 19. 13, maybe. I'll have to check that sometime. Anyway, I first discovered it while reading the part about the home of the Tet Corporation in New York and thought "That's just odd. And here I am about 9 miles away from I-70, too. I'd better watch out for trains."

Traveler Lo_sai is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The day that I met Callahan in the Calla, it was suggested to me by my photography instructor that I should check out Harry Callahan's work. It kind of freaked me out a little.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang! That is a good one.

Welcome to the site Lo sai.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't this what Susannah calls "Blue Car Syndrome"? I've experienced it not just with the books, but with other things. My Mum says you become more aware of things when you've seen it, like, her example was, when you're pregnant, it would appear as if everyone is pregnant (after this example, I kept seeing pregnant people), my main Dark Tower concidence was that just after i finished read "The Gunslinger", i started back at school, and my biology teacher is called "Mrs Slinger", and i thought "Whoah... Spooky...".
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To be totaly honest i cant say ive ever had an experiance like this before. Kinda wish i had though
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My 19th birthday was in 1987!

(Sorry...I'm one of my smartass moods)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My 19th birthday was in 1987!

(Sorry...I'm one of my smartass moods)
    I adore you, Jon!!! *laughs*

Roland would have understood.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only 19 that I can think of in my life is my birthday: April 19th. It hasn't been a bad day for me but for others it has really sucked. That is the date the Branch Davidians burned and the Oklahoma City Federal Building was bombed. FYI, I only lived about a hour and a half from Waco at the time.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Just Saturday, I was hoping to run into a DT friend. After e mailing him, I took exit 19 to wait for him to call me. As I turned off of exit 19, I saw a road sign for "Old Tower Rd." I thought it was pretty cool.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Just Saturday, I was hoping to run into a DT friend. After e mailing him, I took exit 19 to wait for him to call me. As I turned off of exit 19, I saw a road sign for "Old Tower Rd." I thought it was pretty cool.
    Wow. Sounds great.

Roland would have understood.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

hello all!
    first timer here
    i had an interesting experience last summer while reading the series...
    i drive the same route to work every day and there's a billboard on my way that changes frequently....
    on a monday morning the billboard had two revolvers on it, which would have been coincidence enough for me.
    but the next day it had changed to a real estate advert...
    the realtor's name?
    roland dean.

weeeeird. but in a good way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast