Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Gunslinger Apprentice Bumbler19 is on a distinguished road

I've had so many of these i've actually thought i should be looking for a GAWD-Bomb Door to Midworld... Highschool was really hard... sooooo many doors....

I've had more experiences myself that coincide eerily close to things mentioned or events in the series as i'm reading it.

lets start w/ a recent one

about 30 pages after a certain Baby-boh was born... a tiny (seemed to be a baby) spider was dead, squished between the pages of my DT7, which means that the spider died the same day baby-boh was born(from my perspective)

I started getting into the Beatles, mostly listened to Hey Jude about a week before I read the first book in the series.

stopped listening to Beatles religiously, for a while... Across The Universe came out (the beatles movie tribute thing) and the series mentioned Hey Jude again, after a long intermission of not mentioning anything beatles related.

My friend told me to listen to Mega Death... I youtube it, not my kind of music, but next day Mega Death is mentioned by Eddie in I believe... The Waste Lands or Drawing of the Three.

One night i was telling my friend about the series and how these things we are talking about in this thread can pop up... and its super creepy. i was specifically telling her about my Hey Jude experiences earlier. Mostly thought of it because i watched Across the universe again at work that day. and again... Hey Jude pops up in DT7 that same night.

this is gross and weird and prolly not that big, but
    Spoiler:
    when I read about how mordred was getting sick and shitting everywhere because he ate the horse... my dog same day got sick with diarrhea and shit everywhere in the house.

When I was 10 years old we got my dog, she is a pug, who reminds me a lot of how I imagine Oy. Curly tail, size, etc. etc. really minor there...

I just realized right now and i'm upset i've never noticed before, my house numbers (2872) Add up to 19....

i'm sure there are many others, i just can't think of any more atm..!

but that spider one was a real freak out for me XD

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well a while back when king had his accident i was reading Insomnia, the thing that really creeped me out was that i was about finished with the book and the scene in the book was where the main character is hit by a car that swerved to keep from hitting a dog. the injuries the character received in the book were the same that king had. that freaked me out!!!!

Does whatever a spiderman does.

I saw a guy's license today, his address was **** Tower Dr.

I wish i would have looked at the house numbers to see if they added up to 19 XD

I can't believe i never connected that there was a Tower Dr. in the city i live in XD

(I work at a used games store and when people come in to sell stuff we have to take down their address and license info.)

The fat kid in the new blackberry commercial is named Callahan!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbler19 View Post
    The fat kid in the new blackberry commercial is named Callahan!!!
    Wooow!

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kes is on a distinguished road Kes's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just ranked the 19th Sweetest Person on Facebook.

Yikes:

Your Rank:
    among your friends!
    The wrath of the witch-burners is in direct proportion to the comeliness of the witch.
    Clark Ashton Smith

Along the Path of the Beam Nanidesuka is on a distinguished road Nanidesuka's Avatar

I see 19 just about every day...

Today, i finished a book with 19 chapters. Woot~

Yesterday, there was a commercial on with a few cows. One cow's face appeared on the screen, and the number on its ear marker was 219.

A few days ago i went to the corner store to buy random munchies. My total was $5.19.

Then there's Westernaires. Here's the thing. The Westernaires colors are strictly White and Red. I'm in Red Division, having graduated from White Division a couple years ago. I'm on a team called Royal Rangers, and our team rivals are....yes....the Crimson Rangers. And i'll be graduating out of this organization when i'm...yes, you guessed it, 19 years old.

^^

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's amazing!

I don't end up with a lot of 19's for some reason.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam Nanidesuka is on a distinguished road Nanidesuka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's amazing!

You can have some of mine. I'll try and throw a few 19's your way. I've got too many as it is.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be great

I figure owning this site means my whole damn life is 19--I should start checking site stats for instances of it. I bet they are all over the place.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Kes is on a distinguished road Kes's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've always had some interesting relationships with particular numbers. In my lifetime it's generally 4's, 8's, 17's, 26's and 51. 19 has joined the list.
    The wrath of the witch-burners is in direct proportion to the comeliness of the witch.
    Clark Ashton Smith

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nanidesuka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's amazing!

You can have some of mine. I'll try and throw a few 19's your way. I've got too many as it is.
    You can send some here as well.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I won't go into details or anything (I was completely innocent and there are no crimes on my record or anything. I never even went to court.), but here's an interesting 19 coincidence. When I was 19 I was facing 19 years in prison. In only two more years I'd be free if I for some reason had been tried and served it all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, I won't go into details or anything (I was completely innocent and there are no crimes on my record or anything. I never even went to court.), but here's an interesting 19 coincidence. When I was 19 I was facing 19 years in prison. In only two more years I'd be free if I for some reason had been tried and served it all.
    Thank God you are free.
    Just imagine all those romantic books you would have read so far.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Like i said, every day~

My daily dose(s) of 19 for today:

~I'm good friends with the lunch lady at my school. Today is my birthday, and it's also her son's birthday, and i learned that he is turning 19 today. ^^

~And another friend of mine turned 19 just two days ago, making the majority of my guy friends 19 yrs old.

~Edit: just got off Sheezyart, and realized i've hit 819 pageviews and i have a total of 19 favorites.

~Edit Edit:: Got my test back for physics today. +19.5 out of 23. Girl sitting next to me got an even 19. That's 7 total 19's today.

Matt, Letti, i'm doing my best to throw some of these 19's your way, but obviously am not doing so well.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I currently have 19 followers on Twitter.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

John F. Kennedy Nightfall is on a distinguished road Nightfall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ride bus 186, it's parking slot is slot 22
    1+8+6+2+2 = 19

I was assigned calculator #19

A few messages ago on my Myspace was sent at 9:19
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen. Richard - LFGcomic.com

Along the Path of the Beam Matt of Gilead is on a distinguished road

See, adding numbers to get 19 is only valid if you add the digits like that. Some people would say 316 adds to 19 because 3+16. Silly people looking for numbers.
    "The ability to get back up after a defeat is far more admirable than the ability to never lose." -Narumi Kiyotaka

Along the Path of the Beam Ka-Shume is on a distinguished road Ka-Shume's Avatar

While reading Wolves of the Calla which is where 19 really starts becoming mentioned alot and they start adding up peoples' names to see how many lettters there are, reluctantly I counted mine.

Alexander John Custer

I'll let you count them for yourself in hopes that you don't rape me. xD

I saw so many 19s while reading the series and afterward that my friends started to say that I was just making it all up and taking it too far, its been a while since I went through that time but I remember I bought tickets for homecoming for me and my date, I got tickets 45 and 46, which are the only two tickets sold that the numbers are next to eachother and 4 + 5 + 4 + 6 = 19.

And also my girlfriend at the time kept seeing 34 everywhere and I thought that actually was just in her head (and it probably was) but shortly after this started there was a part in DT7 that says "At this point Jake and Callahan had been in the Dixie Pig for 34 seconds" I just sort of set the book down for a minute to think.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I currently have 19 followers on Twitter.
    update: I had 19 followers, but then one stopped so I only had 18.
    Then Barack Obama started following me and became the 19th
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

He is a follower, that's for sure.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I've noticed that i seem to always catch a look at the clock when it's _:19.

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite coincidence was when I started seeing DT related things on my trips back on forwarth to school. There was a side street I noticed named Blaine Lane (ugg, it rhymes!), a furniture store named Cort's ... (probably just 'Furniture' haha). But I think the coolest one, that took me by suprise was the "weigh station" in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. It's a weigh-in thing for semi's I believe, but it's set so far back from the road and overgrown that it looks like an abandoned shack. It's really creepy to drive past at night. I have seen the last name Delgado all over the place in whitewater(granted, it's probably just a popular name in the area, but still).

But the biggest one that makes me feel marked, like Ka-Shume up there ^^

Katherine Diane Majko

Though I do feel a trifle unspecial now that I am no longer 19....(turned 20 yesterday, big sigh).

Okay, that's all for now!!
    LadyK
    "The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser--in case you thought optimism was dead." ♥ --Robert Brault

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast