Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jean

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What is your favourite mode of transport?
    Where is your favourite place to read?
    I'm glad you have your coffee with cream, thats how I have mine...do you take sugar too? How many?
    What's your favourite girls name? Boy's name?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

What is Jean's favorite flower?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, this thread is absolutely fabulous!
    Was your grandmother born under tsar Alexander II's reign? In which case: do you have any paintings or photographs of what it really looked like?
    Did she teach you French or was it your mother? If that was your mother, she must really like the language to teach it to you when she's been abandoned by your father...
    Was living under communism really as horrible/marvellous as we're told here in books and by politicians? I mean, Sartre loved communism and after going to Russia to see what it really was like, he didn't seem to change his opinion much, did he? But we're mostly told it was a horrible period in Eastern Europe history, so which of these two assumptions is closest to what you've lived?
    Your story about meeting your wife is really beautiful.
    Would you show me St Petersburg if I come? (in case you're around, that is!)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Jean do you remember your dreams when you awake?
    Do you dream in color? Have you ever flown in your dreams?
    Have you ever had your dream come true?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    What is your favourite mode of transport?
    London double-decker!!!
    Where is your favourite place to read?
    in bed, where else?
    I'm glad you have your coffee with cream, thats how I have mine...do you take sugar too? How many?
    I normally have coffee in the morning, without anything else, as a pick-me-up, so it's just coffee and cream (or milk); if I happen to have coffee later at day, it depends on what I have it with. If something sweet, like cookies, then coffee is without sugar, but if it's a sandwich, then I love my coffee sweet... very, very sweet, the sweeter the better! and thick and fat!!! ("That was because he was a bear." - W.Kotzwinkle)
    What's your favourite girls name? Boy's name?
    Anne (Anna), just because it is so beautiful. The first syllable in Russian would be like in French, not like in English.
    Mikhail (that's what they call the bear here, remember?)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    What is Jean's favorite flower?
    Rose. The color is important, too: my very favorite is coral, or any red-going-to-orange; then orange, yellow, tea, and white. I love pink and red roses a little less, but love them anyway, of course.
    Tulip. The same color gradation.

Country
    Country Flag

Little Gem :

Was your grandmother born under tsar Alexander II's reign?
    No, of course not! how old would that make me? She was born in 1902, it's Nicholas II.

In which case: do you have any paintings or photographs of what it really looked like?
    She destroyed or lost almost everything, very little survived through the revolution, the war, and the whole Communist period.

Did she teach you French or was it your mother?
    She didn't really teach me, we just spoke French at home part of the time every day. It was a tradition of Russian noble families, one of those few my Grandmother kept.

Was living under communism really as horrible/marvellous as we're told here in books and by politicians? I mean, Sartre loved communism and after going to Russia to see what it really was like, he didn't seem to change his opinion much, did he? But we're mostly told it was a horrible period in Eastern Europe history, so which of these two assumptions is closest to what you've lived?
    Neither. It wasn't marvelous - no society is - and it was just as horrible as any other society, only, you know, differently horrible. There were good and bad things alike. If I don't die within next year or two, which I am not planning on doing, I will post extensive memoirs in T/Back Lane.

As far as Sartre and his delusions are concerned, I think you know no worse than I do what he and his gang really were, those perfect bourgeois playing intellectual revolutionaires only because they felt comfortably certain that they would never be able to carry it out in practice and face the consequences.

Your story about meeting your wife is really beautiful.
    I assume you did watch When Harry Met Sally then?

Would you show me St Petersburg if I come? (in case you're around, that is!)
    Of course! I will take you to places no normal guide would even know about!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Will you ever visit the other St. Petersburg? (it's only 20 minutes from me)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Jean do you remember your dreams when you awake?
    Yes. Later on I start confusing them with what actually took place in the so-called reality. I also have a consistent life in those dreams, very different from my "waking" life, but coherent enough to let me remember the events of past dreams in the middle of a new one. I never have lucid dreams, though, I think I go too far under, or maybe I travel too far away.

Do you dream in color?
    Always.

Have you ever flown in your dreams?
    Yes, and, as a rule, I wonder how easy it proved to be and why I didn't thought of doing it before if it is so easy.

Have you ever had your dream come true?
    No, they have too little to do with the "reality" in which I live in daytime.

I don't know if it is interesting... but I got to share it, because it drives me somewhat crazy. In those consistent dreams, there are three cities; those dreams' action always takes place in one or another of them. I know they are St.Petersburg, Paris, and London, although they have very little to do with their prototypes. The topography of those cities never changes. I always know where I am, and where what is in those cities; it is then that I remember what happened in this very city before, in other dreams. I think it doesn't speak very well of the bear's mental health... but it is so interesting! pity I don't always remember everything in all details.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Amazing stuff Jean, is it possible to love you more....YES I DO!

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ::sings::

Money
    so they say
    Is the root of all evil today...

(and, of course, visa too...)

Visa
    so they say...

::sits in the corner, singing::

My Mood
    In Love

*sings along*

The answer is within

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Amazing stuff Jean, is it possible to love you more....YES I DO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ::sings::

Money
    so they say
    Is the root of all evil today...

(and, of course, visa too...)

Visa
    so they say...

::sits in the corner, singing::

Well, at least now I have a great song in my head

My Mood
    In Love

Our two St Petersburg couldnt be more different I think.
    Ours is charming to be sure , but your city is awesome!

The answer is within

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You wake from one of your strange dreams and find you have both a visa and unlimited funds. Who from the site must you visit FIRST?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

No doubt Linda. St Pete, Florida is a very cool place, but I imagine it pales in comparison to the real St. Petersburg.

Country
    Country Flag

ergo, it's you my friends who should come here!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's ergo?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    You wake from one of your strange dreams and find you have both a visa and unlimited funds who from the site must you visit FIRST?
    my brother John Blaze, that motherfucker who disappeared again and makes me more and more worried about him with every moment that elapses! After I have had a look at him, at my sister-in-law, and at my nieces, I will unhurriedly, happily proceed to the dear ladies, starting with Lady Linda... but, my friends, don't even hope anyone can escape!

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it is then that I remember what happened in this very city before, in other dreams. I think it doesn't speak very well of the bear's mental health... but it is so interesting! pity I don't always remember everything in all details.
    For my part I think your mental health is fine, unless mine is in disrepair?, because I have the same type of dream not infrequently.
    For me it's a mansion with many rooms. I dream of it alot and in some rooms I'll recall a previous dream that took place there too

Country
    Country Flag

that's all because of your middle name!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast