Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Tick Tock Man

John F. Kennedy JRSly is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I liked Ticky because I would have loved to know how the politics inside Lud had broken down over the years.

Also, where did his grandpappy get the German plane?
    I wanted to know this too!

"The Wastelands" and more specifically Lud is really where I started to get invested in the quest and thought I was developing an idea of what the whole series might end up being about. The German plane was what I thought would be a big leaping off point for where the story was heading.

I enjoyed the books for the most part, but I have to admit I was more than a little disappointed at the ultimate direction compared to what I thought King was preparing us for in "The Wastelands".

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree actually. I guess the idea throughout (starting with "Hey Jude") was just to show that there were thin spots between the worlds and some came through.

But I would have loved to get more insight on what happened in Lud, maybe there will be some info in the comics at some point
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i had a long conversation with someone here (razz? ves'ka gan?) about that german plane. i think we decided it came through the bermuda triangle just like eddie thought.

really, what is the bermuda triangle except a place where things disappear. i was thinking that that entire area was just a kind of thinny that dumped things where ever the hell it wanted to.

now, i know what you're thinking. "she's f'n daft - the thinny kills." but really, we don't know that do we? we just know that things disappear into it and are never seen again. but since no one and nothing is ever seen again, we don't know what happens to the things that go into the thinnies. we know that the thinny can reach out for things (the thinny in eyebolt canyon sure as hell could) but can different thinnies have different properties?

and even if people don't survive the thinny, why wouldn't a machine? why couldn't the plane? although why it would have been in the bermuda triangle in the first place is a mystery in and of itself isn't it possible that the bermuda triangle is a thinny and the plane went through it and landed in roland's world and quick somehow repaired it and flew it just that once?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a very clear idea of where the plane came from, I might post a short story in I, Gan when I can think coherently again.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have a very clear idea of where the plane came from, I might post a short story in I, Gan when I can think coherently again.
    oooh. i can't wait. here's hoping you'll be thinking coherently again soon (and not just because i'm greedy either!).

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B Rag View Post
    Since this section is for individual character discussion, I thought I might as well make a thread for the best character in the series: The Tick Tock Man!

If only there was a whole book dedicated to this far too short-lived character...

I wish I had my quote that you sigged on .Net about you and Ticky.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I can try to find it - if I have any B Rag posted in any threads I archived, that is, and if the moment of archiving coincided with his having exactly that signature. I will go through my archives soon anyway, for the Palaver Castle.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I can try to find it - if I have any B Rag posted in any threads I archived, that is, and if the moment of archiving coincided with his having exactly that signature. I will go through my archives soon anyway, for the Palaver Castle.
    Thanks! I don't care what they say about you Jean, you're a good guy.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice VastOne is on a distinguished road VastOne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always viewed Ticky to be the a complete antithesis of Roland....

And when their paths met, good ole Tick Tock's Ka ticket was cashed in...

SK and another brilliant character.

VastOne

'but not for you Gunslinger, never for you. you darkle. you tinct. may I be brutally frank? You Go on.'

Traveler TowerofRoses will become famous soon enough TowerofRoses will become famous soon enough TowerofRoses's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tick Tock Man was one of these characters you either hate or love. For me he was okay, funny even. Sadly his part was very small, i would have loved him to stick around as sort of sidekick for Flagg, for comedic purpose(sort of Ticky gets really attached to Flagg who just rolls his eyes at the others antics) But yeah, Andrew as a class A psychopath and the little backstory he got with the cider press was a nice tidbit. Too bad we never found out how Lud was before the whole cataclysm happened, i am sure it would have been rather interesting to go deeper into this be it in comics or the books.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked tic toc but as king said You gotta kill your darlings.
    He served his purpose and had to go before it started to resemble The Stand...
    I also think the thinney idea is correct. Like the episode of Dungeons and dragons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2