Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 204 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 5089

Thread: Baker's Dozen

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep, SotD definitely counts, Ben Staad. I'm not asking for big, dramatic oscar winners or anything like that: just films you enjoyed that were clearly made in Britain. (Ironically, one of the things i loved about SotD so much was that it was a very British take on a very American sub-genre.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road Virus View Post
    Admittedly, my chamber may be empty after this one (for this is not really my forte/cup of tea/etc.) but I own one that I think is a very good film:

13 greatest British movies
    1. Withnail & I (not just one of the greatest films you've never seen but the greatest film of all time, as far as I'm concerned!)
    2. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    Well, my recommendation to you TRV is that when this list is done, do what i'm going to do: aim to watch every British movie on the list you haven't seen. You might just be surprised to find that there's more awesomeness to great British films than Guy Ritchie. I guarantee there's bound to be a few appearing on this list you're gonna love!
    I'll take you up on at least a few on the list (after some research into plots to see which I think would appeal the most). I liked SotD and it made me think of 1 more I can throw up in that case
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Withnail & I (not just one of the greatest films you've never seen but the greatest film of all time, as far as I'm concerned!)
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I should have thought of this one before SotD!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm. Never been that big a fan of Monty Python, tbh, but i'll give Holy Grail a shot.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown

(Don't know if it qualifies as one of the "greatest", but it's one that I definitely enjoyed)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just got that on dvd for my dad on father's day. Planning to watch it this weekend. It's certainly one we've both been looking forward to seeing, that's for sure!

- Melike

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    8. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My Mood
    Yeehaw

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    9. This Is England

- Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    9. This Is England
    10. Snatch
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder where my last post disappeared... hmmmm...

In that post that I can't see now, I expressed regret at my not having seen this before, wished there was more than one slot left for me, and flipped a coin to the following effect:

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    9. This Is England
    10. Snatch
    11. Cul-de-Sac

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, three or four posts I had this morning did the exact same thing. I did not notice it till you mentioned something in the sigs/av thread

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    9. This Is England
    10. Snatch
    11. Cul-de-Sac
    12. Harry Potter (book was anyway and by going off your earlier qualification, the majority does place take in England. Plus they have British accents so I mean come on haha)

Edit*************
    Looking at my post, does that mean Green Street Hooligans would also apply? I am not really sure and leaning towards no but I fucking loved that flick
    Last edited by The Road Virus; 06-22-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I'm awesome

My Mood
    Yeehaw

1. Withnail & I
    3. Shaun of the Dead
    4. Hot Fuzz
    6. 28 Days Later
    7. Harry Brown
    9. This Is England
    10. Snatch
    11. Cul-de-Sac
    12. Harry Potter
    13. Quadrophenia (this WAS on the list earlier, before all those posts dissapeared, but there's no where I'm having a list of "greatest British films" without it!)

- Melike

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

DD, you left w/o starting another round (though you said it was an earlier repost and since I was the 2nd to last posting) I will start a new one;

Favorite Adult Beverages:

1. Vodka + Sprite

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    2. Whiskey on the rocks (preferably either Eagle Rare 10 year or Makers Mark )

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke
    4. Miss Marga-Rita, preferably frozen!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke
    4. Scotch Whiskey straight (Glenfiddich 12 yo because I can't afford the older ones!)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke
    4. Scotch Whiskey straight (Glenfiddich 12 yo because I can't afford the older ones!)
    5. Martini

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke
    5. Martini
    6. (4.) Miss Marga-Rita, preferably frozen!
    7. Screwdriver (Belvedere>Grey Goose> Kettle One all delicious choices)

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke
    5. Martini
    8. Espresso martini in a pint glass on the rocks
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

1. Vodka + Sprite
    3. Jack & Coke
    5. Martini
    8. Espresso martini in a pint glass on the rocks
    9. Vodka shots chased with anything.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    13. Quadrophenia (this WAS on the list earlier, before all those posts dissapeared, but there's no where I'm having a list of "greatest British films" without it!)
    Luckily for me, it was there when I posted. Or I would have had to flip the coin a number of times.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 204 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast