Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 204 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5089

Thread: Baker's Dozen

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    6. Eli Manning & the NY Giants ruin the Patriots chances at a perfect season by winning Super Bowl XLII
    Booo

Its o.k. I forgive you lol

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Eli Manning & the NY Giants ruin the Patriots chances at a perfect season by winning Super Bowl XLII
    From a purely subjective, neutral standpoint - that is one of the greatest underdog stories I have ever witnessed in sports, any sport. Everything about that Giants run was crazy culminating in the absolutely unthinkable SBXLII victory.

I must have been high as shit when I bet ON the Giants to win that game, $300. My friend that I bet against said that he spent a hefty portion of the money he thought for sure he was going to win a few days before the game. I don't blame him

13 Favorite moments in Sports

1. Miracle on Ice, USA Defeats CCCP and goes on to win Gold. 1980 Olympics
    2. Lebron, Cavs coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors, 2016 NBA Championship
    3. Willis Reed limps onto court for Gm 7 to help beat the Lakers, 1970 NBA Championship
    4. With the Indiana Pacers down six points with 18.7 seconds remaining in Game 1 of the 1995 Eastern Conference semifinals, Reggie Miller Scores 8 Points in 8.9 seconds
    5. 1966, Wembley, London England...Football world cup England v West Germany Geoff Hurst hat-trick to deal the win... last kick of the ball (they think it's all over) ball finds the back of the net ( it is now)...
    What a win.
    7. Mexico wins Olympic Gold Medal against Brazil, Olympics 2012

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2. Lebron, Cavs coming back from 3-1 against the Warriors, 2016 NBA Championship
    3. Willis Reed limps onto court for Gm 7 to help beat the Lakers, 1970 NBA Championship
    4. With the Indiana Pacers down six points with 18.7 seconds remaining in Game 1 of the 1995 Eastern Conference semifinals, Reggie Miller Scores 8 Points in 8.9 seconds
    5. 1966, Wembley, London England...Football world cup England v West Germany Geoff Hurst hat-trick to deal the win... last kick of the ball (they think it's all over) ball finds the back of the net ( it is now)...
    What a win.
    8. The Play - Nov 20 1982 Stanford Cardinals vs. Cal State Bears ("The Band is on the Field"!) - I wasn't a football fan at the time, nor a fan of these teams, but it is always fun to watch the replay.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What a win.
    8. The Play - Nov 20 1982 Stanford Cardinals vs. Cal State Bears ("The Band is on the Field"!) - I wasn't a football fan at the time, nor a fan of these teams, but it is always fun to watch the replay.
    9. The Immaculate Reception -1972 American Football. The Pittsburgh Steelers' Running back, Franco "run out of bounds to avoid a hit" Harris make a miraculous catch...or did he?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What a win.
    9. The Immaculate Reception -1972 American Football. The Pittsburgh Steelers' Running back, Franco "run out of bounds to avoid a hit" Harris make a miraculous catch...or did he?
    (about 5.
    You mean:
    A blind and corrupt referee gives England a goal that not counts and the title.
    Since then the English team is cursed at tournaments (penalty curse) and will never win a title again.)

10. The miracle of Bern . 4. Juli 1954
    Germany becomes football world champion for the first time. 3-2 final victory over Hungary.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What a win.
    (about 5.
    You mean:
    A blind and corrupt referee gives England a goal that not counts and the title.
    Since then the English team is cursed at tournaments (penalty curse) and will never win a title again.)

10. The miracle of Bern . 4. Juli 1954
    Germany becomes football world champion for the first time. 3-2 final victory over Hungary.
    Sorry if I brought back bad memories...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    From a purely subjective, neutral standpoint - that is one of the greatest underdog stories I have ever witnessed in sports, any sport. Everything about that Giants run was crazy culminating in the absolutely unthinkable SBXLII victory.

I must have been high as shit when I bet ON the Giants to win that game, $300. My friend that I bet against said that he spent a hefty portion of the money he thought for sure he was going to win a few days before the game. I don't blame him

What a win.

With all due respect, and perhaps its a matter your of age and/or interest, but I would have to say (IMHO) that the single greatest upset of the century was the "Miracle on Ice". Of course there is a wealth of contributing factors of the times when it occurred that you had to be privy to and have experienced, but my friend there was simply no way, no way we beat the Russians that Olympics, with that team and then go on to take the Gold no less. And for the record I'm no hockey fan either. After that "Miracle" I'd say that the N.Y. Jets beating the Colts in SB III would be next on the list of "upsets". The kicker on that one was, Joe "Willy" guaranteed the victory. Holy Shit on that one!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    "The Immaculate Reception" certainly should make an appearance in any "Greatest Upsets" list. That was an amazing turn of events for the Steelers and helped lead to 4 SB victories.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And with that being said.........................

13 Favorite moments in Sports:

What a win.
    10. The miracle of Bern . 4. Juli 1954 Germany becomes football world champion for the first time. 3-2 final victory over Hungary.
    11. "Broadway" Joe Namath & The N.Y. Jets beat the Baltimore Colts in SB III, Thus ending the reign of the NFL over the AFL and being a precursor of the merger of the 2 leagues.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And with that being said.........................

What a win.
    10. The miracle of Bern . 4. Juli 1954 Germany becomes football world champion for the first time. 3-2 final victory over Hungary.
    11. "Broadway" Joe Namath & The N.Y. Jets beat the Baltimore Colts in SB III, Thus ending the reign of the NFL over the AFL and being a precursor of the merger of the 2 leagues.
    12. Sept 11, 1985, Pete Rose singles off of Eric Show to break Ty Cobb's all time hits record with 4192nd hit. I know it may not be big to most, but being a lifelong Reds fan, remember the months of anticipation and the "countdown" and the excitement when it finally happened.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What a win.
    12. Sept 11, 1985, Pete Rose singles off of Eric Show to break Ty Cobb's all time hits record with 4192nd hit. I know it may not be big to most, but being a lifelong Reds fan, remember the months of anticipation and the "countdown" and the excitement when it finally happened.
    13. Derek Jeter hits a HR to become the only Yankee great to get 3,000 hits & only the 2nd 3M club member to hit a HR for his 3,000th. 7/9/18
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, hope you all like this one. It could prove interesting and fun as hell.

13 favorite scary passage/scene in any Stephen King novel...............................

1. Larry Underwood navigates the Lincoln tunnel in "The Stand".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

13 favorite scary passage/scene in any Stephen King novel...............................

2. The cat lurching across the garden. Pet semetery.
    This has always scared the crap out of me... clumps of soil in its fur, blank stare and the smell...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This has always scared the crap out of me... clumps of soil in its fur, blank stare and the smell...
    3. Paul Sheldon trying to get back in his room before Annie discovers he can get out of the room. (well its been 30+ years since I read it, I hope I am not just remembering a scene from the movie)
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

3. Paul Sheldon trying to get back in his room before Annie discovers he can get out of the room. (well its been 30+ years since I read it, I hope I am not just remembering a scene from the movie)
    I had the same thought... the penguin ornament...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

4. Mary and her husband get pulled over by the policeman Collie Entragian in "Desperation"

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

4. Mary and her husband get pulled over by the policeman Collie Entragian in "Desperation"
    5. Arlette's premonition speech about their son's violent demise as well as Shannon's in 1922.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5. Arlette's premonition speech about their son's violent demise as well as Shannon's in 1922.
    6. Father Callahan faces down the Vampire Barlow in the Petrie's kitchen and is marked in 'salem's Lot.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

I had the same thought... the penguin ornament...
    So when I got the penguin with my order of the Suntup Missery, I tried to find that passage in the book, but couldn't find it, I think I did see a mention of the penguin, but I didn't find where Annie says she always has it face south. So I assume that was just in the movie? At anyrate, I try to have mine facing south too.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Father Callahan faces down the Vampire Barlow in the Petrie's kitchen and is marked in 'salem's Lot.
    7. Danny Torrance almost being buried alive in the playground and then being stalked by the topiary animals (in the Shining)
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So far we have 7 answers from 7 books, can we do the list with no duplicates?? probably not, still some good scenes from Salems and Shining.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

7. Danny Torrance almost being buried alive in the playground and then being stalked by the topiary animals (in the Shining)
    8. Dussander, naked, puts a cat in the oven. (creeps me out.) Apt Pupil/ Different Seasons

Country
    Country Flag

Dussander, naked, puts a cat in the oven. (creeps me out.) Apt Pupil/ Different Seasons

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

8. Dussander, naked, puts a cat in the oven. (creeps me out.) Apt Pupil/ Different Seasons
    9. "Burnsie" BBQ-ing and eating Tansy Freneu's foot after he killed her in "Black House". Truth be told Charles Burnside in general creeped me out!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

9. "Burnsie" BBQ-ing and eating Tansy Freneu's foot after he killed her in "Black House". Truth be told Charles Burnside in general creeped me out!!!!
    10. IT. Although there are quite a few the losing of innocence at the end is fucking horrifying.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

10. IT. Although there are quite a few the losing of innocence at the end is fucking horrifying.
    11. Pennywise talking to George from the gutter just before he kills George.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 204 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 ... LastLast