Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Thanks for using that Night Shift art!

I do hold hope that this book could see some sort of a trade edition. I'd love to get all this artwork but it's just way out of my price range for something like this. Centipede had that great 'Salem's Lot book which later was released in a mass-market edition...
    Do you mean the Salem's Lot Illustrated ed?, because I got that because it was such a nice release, never even knew it was by Centipede.

This book is also WAY out of my budget so I would hope for a similar release to Salem's also.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Jerad, personally I like the second ad you posted just the way it is - with all 8 pictures. It gives a glimpse into the different styles and artists involved and grabs my attention. If you only included one picture and it didn't happen to be one that grabbed me - or one I felt I already owned in a book, I might not be swayed by the small print text telling me that there are other artists involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Hey everyone,

I think that this is probably the final ad. I think there is a good mix of old and new images. I'm going to run with this one. The advantage to an ad like this rather than an ad that just has one image is that you can clearly see that there is a bunch of art in the book. With one picture only, the viewer might think that it is only a book about Wrightson, or Whelan, or whoever -- unless, of course, we took out several such ads in one magazine.

Thanks again everyone!

Jerad

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

It's pretty sweet!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It's scheduled for November of this year. Jerad has been pretty good about meeting his dates.

John
    Yes he is. That said, for those of you who ordered the deluxe version with Whelan remarque, I think those won't ship until well into next year. MW is heavily involved in another project, and I am not aware that he has started the 50 remarques for this edition yet. I hope I am wrong, but I plan to ask him soon as I should see him within the next week.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Great choices for the advertisement...I mean, the more 'esoteric' selections were nice, but that's what you're buying the book for...

For an ad, I think it was best to use the very memorable images that were selected...seeing Night Shift's hand, the It claw, etc. in one place sums up perfectly what the book is trying to accomplish.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It's scheduled for November of this year. Jerad has been pretty good about meeting his dates.

John
    Yes he is. That said, for those of you who ordered the deluxe version with Whelan remarque, I think those won't ship until well into next year. MW is heavily involved in another project, and I am not aware that he has started the 50 remarques for this edition yet. I hope I am wrong, but I plan to ask him soon as I should see him within the next week.
    Please keep us posted.
    Was really looking forward to this Christmas present...

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

Default Reviews of Knowing Darkness now online

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions for artwork for the ad.

New item: I have two reviews of Knowing Darkness posted on the centipede website. They can be read here:

http://centipedepress.com/skartreviews.html

and here:

http://centipedepress.com/skartreviews2.html

The reviews also have a number of page spreads, most of which you will have seen here. These are some decent reviews. Enjoy! And thank you again.

Jerad

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I never realized how well the 1978 "Stand" cover captured the book's 'epic' feel, as pictured in that review spread...it's a totally different feel without the cover text.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

there's a goya painting that seems to have been the inspiration for that cover. they put a section of the painting next to the cover for comparison in The Stephen King Illustrated Companion.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book is cheapest at buy.com right now, but still too rich for me. If it was around 100 I'd bite, but in this economy I can't down very much on pretty pictures.

Any advice on how to view attachments? I can't seem to view any of them? Thanks!

Also, I am one of the contributing artists to the book, Aeron Alfrey.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.com, Aeron. Hope you stick around and join in the discussions.

In the meantime you should be able to view attachments by clicking on them to make them larger.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Aeron.

What King story inspired you the most to draw about?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Thanks for the help, Patrick. It seems that when I click on attachments it sends me to a page with the following text? "you do not have permission to access this page."

mulleins, mine is a digital artwork inspired by The Mist involving one of the more... epic.. scenes from the last part of the book. I spent 3 months working on the artwork and it was one of the funnest things I've ever made. I originally read the story in an old paperback collection of horror stories by various authors in the summer of 97, it has remained one of my favorite tales of horror. You could fill an entire cryptozoology book with the number of monsters I managed to fit into the picture!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Aeron

Look forward to seeing your work. Thanks for sharing with us.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

Just an FYI. I moved the posts in this thread discussing the 'SALEM'S LOT Deluxe for sale into the newly created separate thread.

Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

Default Artists Inspired by Stephen King shipping from Asia!

Some good news! Artists Inspired by Stephen King trade
    edition in slipcase will be shipping from Asia in late
    September. The signed edition will follow about a week
    later, around October 7 through the 10. It will take a good
    month for these books to go across the water, and then
    another week or two for them to go by truck to their
    destinations.

Remember: this book will not undergo any more delays.
    The pages have been printed, folded, and bound, and we
    are only waiting on the printed cloth to finish drying.
    We all know that small press books usually experience some
    small delays. But this book will be on the water in a week's
    time and we are sticking very close to our original deadline.

This means that the trade edition will be shipping in early
    November, and the signed edition in mid to late November.
    Please bear in mind that there is just one person here
    doing all this work and it will take a few weeks to get
    everything done.

Regarding the edition with the Michael Whelan remarque, I
    am hoping that the remarques will be done in the next month
    and that the finished books will be shipping in early to mid
    December. As I receive more information from Michael, I will
    let you know.

If you are interested in this book, the price on the trade
    edition is still $250 and the signed is $895, for domestic
    orders. At these prices, the book is a steal for what you
    get. The sample books that I just looked through are
    astonishing. Please note that we were offering a free
    signed print for orders of the trade edition through our
    site. Although we have discontinued the signed print offer,
    you can still receive any print in the original list,
    unsigned, with any order. Not a bad deal, really.

Thank you again for all your support.

Jerad Walters

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Some good news! Artists Inspired by Stephen King trade
    edition in slipcase will be shipping from Asia in late
    September. The signed edition will follow about a week
    later, around October 7 through the 10. It will take a good
    month for these books to go across the water, and then
    another week or two for them to go by truck to their
    destinations.

Remember: this book will not undergo any more delays.
    The pages have been printed, folded, and bound, and we
    are only waiting on the printed cloth to finish drying.
    We all know that small press books usually experience some
    small delays. But this book will be on the water in a week's
    time and we are sticking very close to our original deadline.

This means that the trade edition will be shipping in early
    November, and the signed edition in mid to late November.
    Please bear in mind that there is just one person here
    doing all this work and it will take a few weeks to get
    everything done.

Regarding the edition with the Michael Whelan remarque, I
    am hoping that the remarques will be done in the next month
    and that the finished books will be shipping in early to mid
    December. As I receive more information from Michael, I will
    let you know.

If you are interested in this book, the price on the trade
    edition is still $250 and the signed is $895, for domestic
    orders. At these prices, the book is a steal for what you
    get. The sample books that I just looked through are
    astonishing. Please note that we were offering a free
    signed print for orders of the trade edition through our
    site. Although we have discontinued the signed print offer,
    you can still receive any print in the original list,
    unsigned, with any order. Not a bad deal, really.

Thank you again for all your support.

Jerad Walters
    Thanks for the update and hard work Jerad. Sounds like this will be a stunning book and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Man o Man!

I wish my budget had a spare $250 lurking in my hip pocket!

I'll have to get this book on the secondary market some time off in the future! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Man o Man!

I wish my budget had a spare $250 lurking in my hip pocket!

I'll have to get this book on the secondary market some time off in the future! :-)
    Yeah, same here...I can't spring $250 for this

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

This book will be a knockout and is a must have. Centipede produces some of the best and highest quality limited edition books on the market and consistently delivers them on time. Respectfully understanding these are challenging times, if there is any way you can afford a copy it will be well worth the investment.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

After seeing David's posts this morning in the Remarques thread, I'm now even more jealous of anyone who is springing for the most expensive edition of KNOWING DARKNESS that comes with a Michael Whelan remarque. Those are going to be beautiful!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    After seeing David's posts this morning in the Remarques thread, I'm now even more jealous of anyone who is springing for the most expensive edition of KNOWING DARKNESS that comes with a Michael Whelan remarque. Those are going to be beautiful!
    I agree

I know mine will be delayed because of the Whelan remarque but well worth it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just as a point of reference, Charnel House is considered by many to be the ultimate in unique high quality book production. They are offering a lettered edition of a novella by Tim Powers for $1,250. 108 pages, 5"x8". Probably worth it to 26 people as I can't recall any of their lettered editions losing value, but Knowing Darkness should be even more visually stunning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast