Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I like both of those quite a bit more than the original you posted.

Dumb question - that's Sissy Spacek in the Carrie image, right? From a paperback tie-in? Did you have any issues with her likeness as far as getting rights to reprint, or do the artists control that? Obviously, it's not a problem, but I'm curious how it works...(if it's actually her...)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the images in the ads overall, but I think it would be better for publicity and profits if the "popular" King art (The Stand, Carrie, It, The Dark Tower, etc.) was included rather than some of the more obscure ones, as there are some that I didn't even realize are King art.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Hello again,

Here is another version of the Stephen King ad, the one with eight pictures. I will also post another version with eight different artworks. Which of the 16 works are working for you? Which ones are not?

Thanks again everyone!

Jerad
    This is my favorite and to me, the most appealing, of the ads.

( attachment name : new King ad v1.jpg )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello again,

Here is another version of the Stephen King ad, the one with eight pictures. I will also post another version with eight different artworks. Which of the 16 works are working for you? Which ones are not?

Thanks again everyone!

Jerad
    i prefer this one
    could create a poll or something like this no?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd use different ones with only one or two pictures (like the first one you use with Wrightson's one.

Too many illustrations won't make the consumer focus more. One large will surelly do.

Just my thoughts.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the last one the best, Jared. Thanks for asking our opinions!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hello again,

Thanks again everyone!

Jerad
    This is my favorite and to me, the most appealing, of the ads.

( attachment name : new King ad v1.jpg )
    I agree.

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

Default Artists Inspired by Stephen King ads

Thank you for all your opinions on the advertising. I think I am going to have to settle on one Whelan and one Brautigam. I am thinking of the following eight images:

Brautigam Night Shift (hand with eyes)
    Whelan Dark Tower (new work)
    The Stand image (guys fighting)
    Don Maitz (Desperation cop)
    Bob Giusti (It image)
    Dave Christensen (Salem's Lot)
    David Ho (Girl who loved Tom Gordon; girl in woods)
    or is this too obscure? I want to feature a new work
    Douglas Smith (The Shining, new work)

Should I keep the Whelan Firestarter as well? That's such a strong image. I think that these, however, are strong images.

Thanks again everyone!

Jerad

My Mood
    Gay

Hmmm... IMO - The pic from Tom Gordon is such a different style than the others - I think I would leave it to emphasize the range of artwork and styles in the book.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Pam; TGWLTG is very different and not many people (if any? I don't know whether or not it has been published elsewhere) have seen it. I think it's a very beautiful piece.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Good mix.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Jerad!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just had a chance to peruse this book and it looks amazing. I love Don Maitz's painting from Duma Key, and I'm really glad to see Drew Struzan's Dark Tower illo from The Mist. I had to breeze through it because I'm on a deadline, but I really look forward to spending some more time with it. Darabont's intro is great, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

Default Probably the final ad.

Hey everyone,

I think that this is probably the final ad. I think there is a good mix of old and new images. I'm going to run with this one. The advantage to an ad like this rather than an ad that just has one image is that you can clearly see that there is a bunch of art in the book. With one picture only, the viewer might think that it is only a book about Wrightson, or Whelan, or whoever -- unless, of course, we took out several such ads in one magazine.

Thanks again everyone!

Jerd
    Attached Images

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Lovely, Jerad!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the final choices. Well done, Jerad!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Gay

I like it !!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It pains me to Not order this book, but I have to wisely pick and choose my purchases, what with three kids in college right now! I chose the S/L Under the Dome for $200 vice this $250 unsigned version. I may come to regret it after the fact! :-(
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Perfect. It has some of the best illustrations known and also has incredible new ones.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so glad I ordered a traycase edition.
    Hope the release-date won't be too far in the future.

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's scheduled for November of this year. Jerad has been pretty good about meeting his dates.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for using that Night Shift art!

I do hold hope that this book could see some sort of a trade edition. I'd love to get all this artwork but it's just way out of my price range for something like this. Centipede had that great 'Salem's Lot book which later was released in a mass-market edition...

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Hey everyone,

I think that this is probably the final ad. I think there is a good mix of old and new images. I'm going to run with this one. The advantage to an ad like this rather than an ad that just has one image is that you can clearly see that there is a bunch of art in the book. With one picture only, the viewer might think that it is only a book about Wrightson, or Whelan, or whoever -- unless, of course, we took out several such ads in one magazine.

Thanks again everyone!

Jerd
    Sorry to see that you dropped 'Salem's Lot.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    It's scheduled for November of this year. Jerad has been pretty good about meeting his dates.

John
    But I thought there was a delay with the signed editions.
    Or with the Michael Whelan remarques??

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast