Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could just afford the slipcased addition, but alas, I cannot right now

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am working on a new advertising push for the book. I have an ad that I am working on that shows a number of works from the book, with some body copy below. There is also an ad with one major illustration and then some copy below it. Would anyone care to take a look at these and offer some feedback? For people who aren't really familiar with the book, I want to select killer images that will help close a sale, and when you are working on the book all the time, you tend to lose perspective. Let me know if it would be all right to post some sample ads here.

Regards,

Jerad
    Please do, Jerad. We're collectors, we want to see everything!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Jerad, I am SO mad at you!! Do you realize I have absolutely NO idea about where I'm going to put such a massive volume? If I tried to put it on one of my admittedly overloaded bookshelves, I think the entire bookcase would collapse!

I guess I'm just going to have to get a new bookcase!

John
    Well, see there's the next idea for one of his signed limiteds...the deluxe edition comes with a bookcase that can house all the delightfully massive books.

Yes, Jerad please post them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love to see the ads!

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

Default An ad.

Hey everyone,

This ad ran a couple months ago on the back of DARK DISCOVERIES magazine. I have also included what I hope is a detail view if you want to read the text. I am also working on a new ad -- this new one, which I will post tomorrow or Sunday, is the one that I really want some feedback on images.

Thanks!

Jerad

Attached Images

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so far i like it

and since i know for my job, i'll definitely order one in about a month!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

That's sweet!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cant wait to see the new ad that Jerad prepares..
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it!!!

sk

Default another ad for the stephen king art book

Hey everyone,

Here is another ad for the Stephen King art book. If anyone would care to comment on the eight images attached, please do. I am looking for THE images that will make someone who looks at the ad want the book. If you have favorite images that I did not put here, would you please tell me about them? If any of the images that I included are just duds for you, I'd like to hear about that too. Thank you all for your help!

Jerad

Attached Images

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Brautigam piece and the Tower, to me are the most impressive and evocative of King.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The one from DTIV of Rhea may offend some people, especially those with small kids.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd add Bob Eggleton's IT and Alex McVey's Randal Flagg.

It looks cool anyway!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The one from DTIV of Rhea may offend some people, especially those with small kids.

John
    I agree. Love the 'Salem's Lot image.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Cycle picture and copy. It grabs my attention, that's for sure.

Jerad, personally I like the second ad you posted just the way it is - with all 8 pictures. It gives a glimpse into the different styles and artists involved and grabs my attention. If you only included one picture and it didn't happen to be one that grabbed me - or one I felt I already owned in a book, I might not be swayed by the small print text telling me that there are other artists involved.

Country
    Country Flag

I am not keen on the blue art (which book?) and the stand. Those are not "stunning", so other pieces of art would be better according to me.

to remplace them, i would suggest :

what about "half" of the illustration from firestarter? the famous one
    and the carrie illustration you previously shared?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is something I was talking about with my girlfriend the other day. I don't know if it happens in the rest of the world, but here these days it's common to see tits in cover magazines. And even when I love tits (), I really don't like how these days a 5 years old boy can see'em everywhere. let's put it this way: if I ever have a son/daughter, I preffer him/her NOT to see those covers when they're young.

Nevertheless, I think it's more offensive, for example, Wrigthson's illustration of the wolf with the corpse and the blood.

And, if you consider that this ad will probably be seen by 18 or older people, I think it's okay whichever illustrations you choose for the book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am not keen on the blue art (which book?) and the stand.
    That's also The Stand.
    Actually, from the edition I first read.
    Maybe that's why I like it so much.

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    This is something I was talking about with my girlfriend the other day. I don't know if it happens in the rest of the world, but here these days it's common to see tits in cover magazines. And even when I love tits (), I really don't like how these days a 5 years old boy can see'em everywhere. let's put it this way: if I ever have a son/daughter, I preffer him/her NOT to see those covers when they're young.

Nevertheless, I think it's more offensive, for example, Wrigthson's illustration of the wolf with the corpse and the blood.

And, if you consider that this ad will probably be seen by 18 or older people, I think it's okay whichever illustrations you choose for the book.

Well we call them (intending to not offend women) breasts. Certainly I'd be hard pressed to use the correct word in French, Spanish, Portuguese (or even Welsh).
    As a cover for a mainstream magazine in the US, the art would be acceptable, but to most who don't understand the relevance, perceived as odd.
    As an interior advertising in magazines intended for King, Sci-Fi, Horror, Art Collector's I doubt it would raise any furor.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, but I'd use more well-known pieces of King-related art. You already have The Stand. Perhaps the paperback cover for Night Shift I stole for my avatar?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I just broke out the first few dozen posts into a separate thread which leaves this one as the dedicated thread for Jerad's book - which fits how the discussion in this thread has evolved. I also slightly renamed this thread to more specifically reflect that fact.

Thanks.
    - Patrick

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well we call them (intending to not offend women) breasts. Certainly I'd be hard pressed to use the correct word in French, Spanish, Portuguese (or even Welsh).
    Ups. Sorry! Not my intention to offend anyone.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Default Another version of the King ad

Hello again,

Here is another version of the Stephen King ad, the one with eight pictures. I will also post another version with eight different artworks. Which of the 16 works are working for you? Which ones are not?

Thanks again everyone!

Jerad
    Attached Images

Default One more!

Finally, here is one more version of the Stephen King ad, with eight different artworks.

All comments welcome! Thank you all for your comments so far!

Jerad
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast