Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Before the book to be published, i remember reading that he was waiting to recieve the books from India...
    Did you send the book there?
    Nope, his printer I sent it to is in San Francisco.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, that's better then ^^
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my traycased copy the other day -- everyone wrote how great it is, but I wasn't prepared for how GREAT it really is. If anyone is still on the fence, don't hesitate any longer; you NEED this book.

Seriously though, I don't have a clue how I'm going to display this baby. Anyone care to share photos of how they have it shelved/displayed?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got some photos of what I made for it, but apparently can't post pictures yet. I guess I need to post a few more times?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolso, with five posts, you should be able to post pictures. I'm curious about how you have yours. Mine is still in the shipping box on the floor. I have absolutely no idea as to how to display it properly.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Build a shrine around it?

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

I have mine on my mantle. I built my last bookcase with the trade edition of Knowing Darkness in mind, but the traycased edition is massive.

Eric

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Dolso, with five posts, you should be able to post pictures. I'm curious about how you have yours. Mine is still in the shipping box on the floor. I have absolutely no idea as to how to display it properly.

John
    Both boxes?!. Including the inner box?. I threw out the outerbox. It is now sitting in my closet in it's inner box. Who need clothes, when you have books!.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Both boxes?!. Including the inner box?. I threw out the outerbox. It is now sitting in my closet in it's inner box. Who need clothes, when you have books!.
    Who needs clothes, when you have books! EXACTLY......that is why my collection is now in the room we all call The Closet.

Speaking of The Closet and Knowing Darkness. As I type this my wife and I are working on plans to redo the right side of the closet with glass doors and more shelves.

I'm having a custom shelf put in just for Knowing Darkness.

This will be a big project but well worth it. I'll make sure to do a Closet update in my collection thread when it's completed.

now.......what to do with all that extra shelf space?

Anyone in need of renting a shelf?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, this is quite confusing for an old fart. Hopefully the photo comes up!

This is a massive case for a massive book. I actually made two different types of display..this is the one that seemed best.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hi Dolso - Looks like you grabbed the wrong link for your picture. You need to put your mouse over the photo and do a right click, and then grab the actual address URL. Then, surround that with the [img] [/img] tags.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I type in the post, click the 'mountain' button, paste the url (I have the pic on this site), submit .......nothing comes up.

Country
    Country Flag

And now I get a message from spambuster! HELP!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...hold on a second Dolso, I'll check something out and see if I can fix it.

Next time you try, use the "go advanced" button to preview the post and see if the pic is there.

EDIT--usergroup is all good for posting pics, try again and we'll go from there.

Where are the pictures hosted by the way?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Trying again..........

still nothing ~ this shows up on the advanced screen
    [IMG}http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=686[/IMG]

I downloaded a pic from my computer to your site this AM.

Link to larger picture:

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Trying again..........

Try a different browser. I know that on AOL, it is not possible for me to upload pictures for some reason.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited your post and inserted the picture.
    I right clicked on the image,
    chose copy image location
    went to your post, clicked the insert picture icon
    copied the url into the empty space and clicked enter.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a problem in this code bolded.

The IMG tag needs to have brackets on both sides.

Also, the link is incomplete. You have to click on the pic to get a full view to copy the location of the image. In this case it is.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...isplay_50_.JPG

Pasting that link into the window under the image button produces

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default WOW!! That is a GREAT CASE!!!!

That case is amazing!! You should sell them!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    That case is amazing!! You should sell them!
    I agree the cabinet is fantastic, you should sell them

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Case

Sign me up, I'll buy one! Very Nice! Great way to Display it!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is a nice cabinet for sure. But it wouldn't solve my problem. The book is too big for me to put anywhere but in a closet. I still would have no place to put the cabinet with the book inside. It is pretty though.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It is a nice cabinet for sure. But it wouldn't solve my problem. The book is too big for me to put anywhere but in a closet. I still would have no place to put the cabinet with the book inside. It is pretty though.

It may be time to expand the basement.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob, add legs and make a display for the living room.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Trying again..........

Link to larger picture:
    Is there Plexiglas in the door or just an opening?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast