Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Duma Key it's the last work covered.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

It just includes the art from the hardback versions of Duma Key, I assume?

The paperbacks wouldn't have come out until closer to Just After Sunset, right?

I really cannot wait to get my copy in the mail...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. It includes a new illustration made by Don Maitz based on it.

It doesn't include the artwork from Mark Stutzman, who did the cover artwork of Duma Key, Everything eventual and Cell among others.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

He also did the cover to From a Buick 8.

So it doesn't have any of his artwork then?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And also Lisey's Story.

Nope, there's no artwork from Mark Stutzman present in the book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received:

Artists Inspired by Stephen King
    UPDATE

Friday, 27 November, 2009

Hey everyone,

Artists Inspired by Stephen King -- both the trade and
    signed editions -- have been delivered to my warehouse
    today.

If you received this email twice, it went first to the
    general list, and then again to the list of people who
    specifically prepaid for their books!

I will be shipping out these books beginning on Monday. It
    will take me approximately 3 weeks to have all the orders
    shipped out. If you made a special request for a numbered
    signed edition, it will take a little longer on that, as it
    takes time to find that particular number, since the books
    are "hard" numbered.

If you have the signed edition with the Michael Whelan
    remarque, this will take a little longer to do, as Michael
    is still doing remarques, and once they get here they need
    to be tipped into the book.

Regarding the deluxe edition, this book needs to go to the
    bindery in Minneapolis for leather work. As soon as I find
    these book blocks, which are God knows where in my storage
    unit, I will send them up north for the leather work. With
    the Christmas rush, I do not expect the leather deluxe
    edition to ship until early to mid January.

So again,
    signed and trade editions:
    starting to ship next week

Michael Whelan remarqued edition
    will ship in 2-3 weeks

leather deluxe edition
    shipping in January.

Thank you all for your support. Your trust in the Press has
    meant a great deal. You won't regret this book, I can
    promise you that! All books will be packed extremely well,
    with loads of double wrap and double boxed whenever I can
    manage that.

If you have any concerns or questions about your books,
    please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Jerad
    John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Got it too! I'm really looking forward to this one!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news that Jerad has begun shipping.

Still hoping to receive the remarqued edition before Christmas

Karl

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Not going to happen. The remarques are dependent on Michael Whelan-Jerad has to have them all in hand before he can continue.
    January would be my estimate.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not going to happen. The remarques are dependent on Michael Whelan-Jerad has to have them all in hand before he can continue.
    Last time I saw Michael....10 days ago?...he was well into doing the remarques, but not finished yet. He showed me a few and they were good. He did a special one of Barlow for a friend that was amazing.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree! The Barlow one was incredible!!

All were..but that one was the one I like the most
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My copy -ordered via Amazon- still hasn't arrived yet.
    It was shipped November 8th....
    Usually my Amazon books arrive rather quickly...Not this time, though.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Didn't they give you a tracking number? Three weeks? That's a problem...

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

This book is incredibly massive!. As I told another collector, drill some legs on that thing and you have yourself a nice side table. LOL!.

Kidding aside, it's truly very impressive in hand. Love the feel of covers and slipcase. Not really sure what it is, just very cool to the touch. Nice work, Jerad!.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

sk
    Naa, my stuff from Amazon.com always takes that long. I just ordered LSOE Gift Edition from Amazon today and it's expected to be sent tomorrow with estimated delivery between December 30, 2009 - January 22. Now if I have paid for faster delivery, then I might be getting concerned....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    This book is incredibly massive!. As I told another collector, drill some legs on that thing and you have yourself a nice side table. LOL!.

Kidding aside, it's truly very impressive in hand. Love the feel of covers and slipcase. Not really sure what it is, just very cool to the touch. Nice work, Jerad!.
    Recieved mine today: it's FREAKING massive!
    I dont have time just now, so i'll open it up at the week end
    but i am so impatient man!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

sk
    No tracking number.
    I'm not worried - yet.....

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Recieved mine today: it's FREAKING massive!
    I dont have time just now, so i'll open it up at the week end
    but i am so impatient man!
    Signed edition or "normal" trade edition (both seem incredible)...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the normal "cheap" one
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

what is the weight of this book? Could someone please tell me?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    what is the weight of this book? Could someone please tell me?
    The unsigned edition is 13 pounds in weight.

Country
    Country Flag

wow, doesnt surprise me !

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Come on now RF!

It's my Christmas wish!

Karl

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well....maybe Santa will hand deliver it to you.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Got my copy in the mail from Jerad today. For the record, it's the unsigned, unremarqued trade edition.

It makes me very happy. I am about 99.9% happy with it. There were a couple of things I would have liked to have had in it and a couple of the smaller reproductions I would have liked to have had larger. Also missed the other Don Brautigam King covers, but that's just nitpicky stuff and does not detract from the book being fantastic! Great quality and good stuff. Now, I need to start reading it.

Do we want to start making note of what King-related extras we got packed in our boxes, or is that bad etiquette?

P.S. There are no Scribner covers reproduced at all except a small one of Just After Sunset (which is really a cover design, rather than cover artwork). Does Scribner function differently, and maybe own the artwork rather than the artist or something that made it a legal problem? Not a complaint, just a curiosity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast