Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Today I purchased one of the bumped copies of Artwork based on HP Lovecraft.

Can't wait to receive it!!
    Ari-

Where did you find this at? I have been searching for a cheaper "damaged" copy for a while and can't seem to locate...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I *think* Jerad had some slightly damaged copies for sale. Eventually I need to get a copy I think, but I just can't just at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

This is by FAR the most I've ever spent on a single book, but just based on everyone's pics and general comment's on Jerad's books I know that it was well worth it. Not to mention the fact that Jerad seems like a really nice guy.

I cannot wait.
    Congratulations! You will love it. Please tell us if you find a place to shelve it or display it. I think mine is, sadly, destined for the closet.
    Is there no way to display it on top of one of your bookcases, maybe?

Right now I'm not sure how I'll display mine. I think I actually need to see it before I try to figure that out. It may just end up on a table at least as a temporary measure, but I'd really like to do something special for it.

Have you gotten the deluxe yet? Not the one the rest of us got, but the most limited version?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default I got one too!

I got a great deal on the Limited Traycased version and I had to buy it myself.

Most I have ever spent too. REALLY wish I got the remarques. GRRR! I don't think you get remarques with all of the traycased ones, but that would be a HUGE surprise.

Mine is going on top of the bookcase, but I'm nervous about dust and critters getting to it. (Not critters like squirrels, but critters like little barely seen insects that will devour my book over time. I guess that's what traycases are for...it's just the traycase is cool too.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

There were only 50 copies with the Whelan remarques in them available though. A traycase will keep dust out, but will do nothing for the type of insects that feed on books as far as I know.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Have you gotten the deluxe yet? Not the one the rest of us got, but the most limited version?
    Not yet. I don't when it will be available.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a much simpler way to display it. Unfortunately, you still need wall space to hang it. Maybe if the 'latch' at the top was darker, it wouldn't show up as much. Or use a strap (leather?) across the top. It needs something to prevent it from toppling over. The best thing about this one is that if you ever sell the book, you could always use the shelf for extra books........who doesn't need extra shelf space?

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For those interested, I got an email from Jerad, I am on the mailing list for Centipede, last night I think is when it was sent, he is now offering the dinged/bumped copies for $125 slipcased and $425 for the traycase, this also includes all the extras he always throws in, Thats quite a good deal i would say. You can get both $550 !!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in over my head in payment plans for other great collectibles, but otherwise I would definitely go for the traycased book... oh well... can't have 'em all

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmmm i might have to look into the slipcased edition!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those custom wall displays are pretty impressive. Unfortunately, I'm not so great with the tools, so this is the best I could come up with for now.
    Bought an open back bookshelf and then had to lay it flat, but otherwise it works:

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Those custom wall displays are pretty impressive. Unfortunately, I'm not so great with the tools, so this is the best I could come up with for now.
    Bought an open back bookshelf and then had to lay it flat, but otherwise it works:

I like that look a lot. Especially the Batman statue and the Watchmen GN !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like it too! From what I can see it looks like you have a beautiful house with very aesthetically pleasing solutions for displaying your collectibles, Surly. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your book collection (mayhap in a personal thread in the Collections subforum?).

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I'm in over my head in payment plans for other great collectibles, but otherwise I would definitely go for the traycased book... oh well... can't have 'em all
    Come on, Michaël, of course you can!!

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

for $125 slipcased and $425 for the traycase, this also includes all the extras he always throws in,
    Good offer, but the delivery cost´s to Germany (for me) crazy high

Gunslinger Apprentice Centipede is on a distinguished road

The two to Germany would be around $100 combined. Interested? That would go via surface mail.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea of the shipping to the UK?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Jerad will probably chime in with the correct amount but my totally unscientific guess is that it's probably $100, just like to The Netherlands (we're practically neighbours, Tito!). At least that's about what I paid for shipping of the slipcased edition.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerad will probably chime in with the correct amount but my totally unscientific guess is that it's probably $100, just like to The Netherlands (we're practically neighbours, Tito!). At least that's about what I paid for shipping of the slipcased edition.
    Yeah i thought it would be quite alot, unfortunately that means i can't afford one at the moment

And i have never been to the Netherlands, i would like to change that one day though

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think he did chime in above - and it was $100, for both books it sounds like.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually that was for the shipping to Germany I believe.

If you rescue me

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say its safe to assuming that shipping would be the same for most of Europe.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

closer

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow thats soooooooo cool Brice

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I thought so too. The detail is just amazing.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

It really is, are you going to get it framed???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast