Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Love the remarque, Dave!

How fantastic that you received a double-sided remarque, Juliana!
    Indeed!. Rather strange too that it was rendered on both sides and I know it's not because of Michael's lack of paper!. LOL!. Now I have the happy problem of how to best display it. I might inquire to audrey on the unrecognized remarque.

Love that Barlow remarque and yours is lovely too, Ari.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May I make a suggestion on the display? A double paned picture frame. That is, glass on each side with the picture in the middle. It will take some work and will have to be done by a professional framer, not one of the kids at Michaels, but I think that with the right frame it can be displayed as a rotating centerpiece for your bookshelf. That way you could see both sides of the print, and it would still be protected.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    May I make a suggestion on the display? A double paned picture frame. That is, glass on each side with the picture in the middle. It will take some work and will have to be done by a professional framer, not one of the kids at Michaels, but I think that with the right frame it can be displayed as a rotating centerpiece for your bookshelf. That way you could see both sides of the print, and it would still be protected.
    That's a great idea!. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're quite welcome. I know a fellow who can probably do it, but he's here on the east coast near me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy Friday> it is mammoth.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been talking with Jerad about the incredible editions he made of Knowing Darkness. I already had Salem's Lot (the regular edition released by Centipede Press) and I thought it was incredible, so imagine my opinion when I got the traycased edition of this piece of art.

Anyway, I tried to encourage him not to dismiss The Shining's S/L edition project. I seriously can't believe how King can say what he said about a publisher like Centipede Press, and then authorize others like Cemetary Dance, which can't leave the chance of announcing something about King in every new email sent to their subscribers, when I guess that 95% of the receivers are pretty upset with how things are handled by Chizmar and co. And even when Jerad is not too optimistic (and who can't blame that...we all read the interview), he allowed me to try to find a way to change things.

I told him the best place to start is here, where the collectors and people who know King's market are. And the idea is....to throw ideas, see what is the best way to reach King (King's office actually) and well...try. The worst thing it can happen is that we end in the same place we're here now.

So....shoot!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I agree, although I don't think we should bother contacting the office...I think Shining could still happen with Jerad's patience, and it's not like SK's office doesn't know...and like I think we've said about the interview - yes, it was harsh, but SK is pretty ornery, and I doubt he meant it personally as much as Jerad was a target right on his mind at the time...the shame was using the most devoted bookmaker as a target for a snarky aside.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely should try...
    So you want ideas to reach his office?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would absolutely love a Shining l;imited - with Jerad in charge - and King's blessing. Such a project couldn't fail!

sk

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The secondary market for Knowing Darkness is the place to buy this at the moment. The $295 version went for $155.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Knowing-Darkness...item48394d465e

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

there are some at $180 on amazon. One for the same price on abebooks...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The secondary market for Knowing Darkness is the place to buy this at the moment. The $295 version went for $155.

I picked that one up......and I had a 10% off coupon making the book $140 + shipping!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great deal at_one. Just the kind of deal I like.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Can someone give me an idea of the value of two Michael Whelan prints I received with my copy of Knowing Darkness. They are The Slow Mutants from DT I and Agul Siento from DT VII and are both signed by Whelan.

Thanks

Jon

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My traycased edition is so close now. It was shipped by early January, arrived in the UK about one week ago, arrived in my country a couple of days later, a delivery attempt was made three times (but as I was in the UK with my students, no one could accept the package) and now I have to wait till the 22nd to be home for a fourth delivery try.

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

As I am now a book dealer myself, I will tell you that that price is cost to a book dealer.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

As I am now a book dealer myself, I will tell you that that price is cost to a book dealer.
    Is that the dealer cost for a clean, new copy or one of the scratch-and-dent variety?

The one sold at the link provided had bumped corners.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Is that the dealer cost for a clean, new copy or one of the scratch-and-dent variety?

Jerad charges me $147.50 for the book that retails at $295. If you are interested in this version, I will sell at a meaningful discount to $295 to members of this site. I have none on hand, but Jerad gets them to me in a week. Let me know.

The discount I get on the Deluxe $995 retail one is less than 50%.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I received my copy yesterday that I had won on that ebay auction......I had to literally search for the bumped corners (bottom 2 corners of slipcase's open end, book not affected at all), at first I thought I received an undamaged copy!!! I must say, well worth the healthy discount and what an absolutely lovely book!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you got a fantastic deal then.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Centipede just announced a first ever hardback printing of Slob, by Rex Miller.
    One of my favorite titles.

Stephen King hails Rex Miller as "terrifying and original". Slob is his debut novel, the story of a man who thinks of himself as Death. A man wholikes to feast on human hearts, spilling blood wherever he goes. Jack Eichord is the detective who must hunt this human monster and genius killer. Years of working as a homicide detective for the Chicago Police department has hardened Eichord to things that would make most men turn and flee. But even he is not prepared for the labyrinthine search underground, as he trails the killer and his hostages through the sewer system of the city. Eichord thinks that he is beginning to understand thediabolical man and his patterns of violence...but can he guess the next victim in time, before it is too late for the woman he loves?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read this book when it first came out in mass market paperback and LOVED it! I'm seriouslly considering ordering the one from Centipede.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I read this book when it first came out in mass market paperback and LOVED it! I'm seriouslly considering ordering the one from Centipede.

John
    I already ordered one.
    I enjoyed all of the "Chaingang" books by Rex Miller.

Country
    Country Flag

From the newsletter :

SCRATCH AND DENT
    We have just a few copies left of:

Artists Inspired by Stephen King
    slipcased edition, dented
    $125

Country
    Country Flag

My traycased edition arrived today!

I LOVE my remarque!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast