Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King ~ Centipede Press

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Wow, looks awsome, David!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my traycased edition today. I read about it, but actually having it in hand is fantastic. The sheer size, weight and quality are overwhelming.

Packing was great--a box inside a box inside another box with newspaper packing around it. Absolutely no problems except getting it all open.

I literally have absolutely no idea as to where I'm going to keep it. I think I'll keep it inside the third and last box, but where the heck am I going to put that?

(No, I'm not going to use it as a doorstop either )

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got the slipcased trade edition and we simply put it upright on a side table (back against the wall) between other decorations. It's now literally a piece of art I'm sure this won't work for every interior but in our place, it works fine. Also, I framed the signed John Picacio print ('Salem's Lot) and it now graces one of our walls.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a complete collection (I think) of Centipede Press books. Over the years I have given Jerad a hard time (good naturedly, I hope) about the size of his books. They are so hard to shelve after they exceed a certain size.

In truth, I don't always think that bigger is better when it comes to books but Jerad really seems to like to make them big.

Several weeks ago we were discussing this and the topic turned to the deluxe edition of the King art book.

He said: "Oh, you are going to HATE me!"

I can't wait to see mine but have no idea what I will do with it. I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've got a complete collection (I think) of Centipede Press books. Over the years I have given Jerad a hard time (good naturedly, I hope) about the size of his books. They are so hard to shelve after they exceed a certain size.

In truth, I don't always think that bigger is better when it comes to books but Jerad really seems to like to make them big.

Several weeks ago we were discussing this and the topic turned to the deluxe edition of the King art book.

He said: "Oh, you are going to HATE me!"

I can't wait to see mine but have no idea what I will do with it. I'm sure it will be fantastic.
    I'm with you on this Bob, I think his books are too large sometimes. Especially in the case of Masters of the Weird Tale. Considering those books are all text it is too awkward to actually read. I don't like them at all.

But when it comes to art books, this King one and the Lovecraft one - I like the large size so it can show off the beautiful artwork.

btw, I loved my slipcased edition!
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am still trying to figure out how to display my traycased edition. It truly is massive. Right now it sits in the triple box it was shipped in.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my remarqued traycased edition yesterday and I already saw that I don't have a bookcase to display it, so I'm buying a special wood slipcase to put it inside and place it on the top of the best bookcase I have. That way it'll look pretty cool.

By the way, when it comes to art, the size of the book couldn't be better!! I think it's one of the best S/L editions I ever saw.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I received my remarqued traycased edition yesterday and I already saw that I don't have a bookcase to display it, so I'm buying a special wood slipcase to put it inside and place it on the top of the best bookcase I have. That way it'll look pretty cool.

By the way, when it comes to art, the size of the book couldn't be better!! I think it's one of the best S/L editions I ever saw.
    Well......let's see the 'remarque'.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I recieved my traycased copy today and like everyone else even after seeing pictures and hearing descriptions did not prepare me for the book, it is HUGE and the art reproduced is stunning, absolutely fantastic.

Here is my remarque:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous!!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oy, that is a fantastic drawing !!!

Still waiting on mine...

Karl

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! Awesome remarque!

I´ll be able to post pictures of mine as soon as I return from my holidays. Nevertheless many saw it since it's the one were the man in black is holding the card.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I received my copy today -- I broke down and ordered one of the discounted/bumped copies. Haven't opened the box yet, but it's a he-yuge box!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMG - this book is absolutely stunning! Got mine today and am wandering off now to go through it - later!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I have received my remarqued copy as well. The interesting is, as I was admiring the remarque in my hand, I felt what feels like sandpaper on the reverse side. As I turned it over, to my enormous surprise, there is another remarque on the other side!. Does anyone else have a double sided remarque?. I wonder if one of them is a 'test' remarque?. Although they both looks completed to me.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Any pictures, Juliana?

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Here you go, John.

I think this one is Roland.

Not sure who this is

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fabulous. I agree the first likely Roland. The second looks like a vampire-someone from The Dixie Pig?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Juliana. I agree that the first is Roland, but I'm not sure of the second. I thought the Dixie Pig vampires all looked much older. I could be mistaken, though.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking maybe Kurt Barlow?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Walter/Flagg???
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the remarque, Dave!

How fantastic that you received a double-sided remarque, Juliana!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was thinking maybe Kurt Barlow?

This is Barlow...
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Barlow.jpg

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I had seen that picture yet Ben. Things have been quite hectic for me since September. Thanks.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing remarques! How lucky, Juliana!

And the one Ben showed, I remember Michael mentioning that Jerad received a request of a Barlow remarque. It was that one the one we saw. Amazing!

Here I am with mine:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast