Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Whose death was the hardest on you?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Chambers

60 26.55%
  • Eddie Dean

78 34.51%
  • Oy

57 25.22%
  • Sheemi Ruiz

1 0.44%
  • Susan Delgado

20 8.85%
  • Gabriel Deschain

0 0%
  • Randall Flagg

6 2.65%
  • Father Callahan

4 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you cried during the quest? ***END OF SERIES Spoilers***

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

*Is bawling because of Daghain's opinion of Susan* My inner child is wounded!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

My thoughts on Susan are like this:
    Spoiler:
    She was Roland's first love (only true love) and he was given a choice; quest after the Tower or stay with her and raise a family. Roland chose the Tower for the first of many times and she was the first of many to die (or let fall as I like to think of it). Susan is a symbol of what is to come time and time again. IMO of course.

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chassit View Post
    My thoughts on Susan are like this:
    Spoiler:
    She was Roland's first love (only true love) and he was given a choice; quest after the Tower or stay with her and raise a family. Roland chose the Tower for the first of many times and she was the first of many to die (or let fall as I like to think of it). Susan is a symbol of what is to come time and time again. IMO of course.

XIX
    That's very true Chassit.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

CK,

I think your inner child needs a nap.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

I think he needs a spanking....badly..

LOL

NFA JJG 42-95

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Why am I not surprised?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Why am I not surprised?

That's the closest I could find to spanken..

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I find it funny that so many women LOVE W & G but HATE Susan! They try and say it has to do with "lack of character development" "too perfect" etc. etc. yeah, yeah unh hunh
    I loved W&G but I didn't "hate" Susan. I was just rather neutral towards her. She didn't even have enough spunk to make me dislike her. She was just BLAH!!!!!!!!! The point was, although it should have made me cry to read about her death, I couldn't find much sorrow in it nor could I feel all that badly for Roland, although I knew that I should be feeling bad for Roland. Weird.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dear friends,

there is a whole section dedicated to Wizard and Glass where most things touched upon in latest posts can be discussed, - except AllHail's inner child that should be discussed in either Dixie Pig or Blue Heaven (if it has to be).

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

Yesterday I went to the public library and looked at the hardcover illustrated version of DT7. I initially read the paperback. The illustration of Roland carrying Jake in the woods with Oy trailing behind was so beautiful it got me crying all over again just looking at it. I think that may very well have been the saddest scene in the entire book for me.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, it was really hard for me to let Jake go. And he was such a hero, sacrificing himself that way.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

**Is proud to be the only one on the planet who actually cried over Mordred's death and Los being erased except for his eyes.** and folk say I don't have a heart!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The end was the worst for me. Knowing Roland would have to make his quest all over again. Sad.

I have to reiterate how sad the end of DoTT was. It wouldn't be so bad the first time reading through, but after knowing the end...Oh man...

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, it's worse when you know it's coming...

The end was the worst for me. Knowing Roland would have to make his quest all over again. Sad.
    I got literally sick to my stomach when I read the end. I don't think I can read it again now that I know the ending. I'm just glad Roland's memory faded fast...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the hard part of that was seeing Roland so helpless

It was rough to see him that way when he had been so in control for so many years.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oh yeah, it's worse when you know it's coming...
    I know, omg...

NFA JJG 42-95

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

**Is proud to be the only one on the planet who actually cried over Mordred's death and Los being erased except for his eyes.** and folk say I don't have a heart!

And I'm sure you cried when you realized the tower wouldn't be destroyed too, eh?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

LOL

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

And I'm sure you cried when you realized the tower wouldn't be destroyed too, eh?
    Yeah, actually I did, how did you guess??

LMAO

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm not dead dad....I'm right here!!

I don't think I was sad because I knew what was going to happen at the end of the Dark Tower, I think I was sad because Oye dies and there's only mention of the possibility that he'll end up with Jake again. And sad that Roland was going to have to go through all of that again. Which of course doesn't mean the Dark Tower was saved, because he has to save it again.
    Which brings up a question on my end, what do you think, the story repeats itself or do you think different people get DRAWn into it? I believe Jake, Eddie, Susanah, and Callahan all served the beam, and stood true. It would be my assumption that different people get drawn into the story.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post

I'm not dead dad....I'm right here!!

I don't think I was sad because I knew what was going to happen at the end of the Dark Tower, I think I was sad because Oye dies and there's only mention of the possibility that he'll end up with Jake again. And sad that Roland was going to have to go through all of that again. Which of course doesn't mean the Dark Tower was saved, because he has to save it again.
    Which brings up a question on my end, what do you think, the story repeats itself or do you think different people get DRAWn into it? I believe Jake, Eddie, Susanah, and Callahan all served the beam, and stood true. It would be my assumption that different people get drawn into the story.
    I definitely think that he will draw different people each time. I think lots of the story will change, but there are a few constant players (like Flagg, the CK, etc.). I think Roland learns and changes and grows as a result of the different people in his life and that will affect how things work out. Of course he must make his way to the tower each time, but I think in a different way each time. It would be TOO cool if King decided to tell us the tale of his next go-round. I'm sure he won't, but I can fantasize about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast