Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Whose death was the hardest on you?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Chambers

60 26.55%
  • Eddie Dean

78 34.51%
  • Oy

57 25.22%
  • Sheemi Ruiz

1 0.44%
  • Susan Delgado

20 8.85%
  • Gabriel Deschain

0 0%
  • Randall Flagg

6 2.65%
  • Father Callahan

4 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you cried during the quest? ***END OF SERIES Spoilers***

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

eddie's was the hardest for me. i never really got all that invested in jake...in fact i found him more than a little annoying. i can't explain why. eddie, though...i was on break at work and (even though some immature little fuckers had already spoiled it for me) and i had to close the book, sit back and compose myself. my friend josh had just come outside for a cigarette, he took one look at me and said "eddie?" "yeah." "i know. it did me like that, too."

then i cried at what i thought was the end as he was climbing the tower. then i cried again after reading the poem when it was all finally over for him. those were happy tears, though.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

yes. Oy! just read that whole part again earlier today! my cat has gold eyes (well kinda) and I call her my billy-bumbler. makes me sad everytime.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eddie's did it for me more than Jake's too. I think it was the whole death scene where he was telling Susannah he would wait for her.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

I have had a hard time crying in recent years. I am very sad sometimes but the tears won't flow, unable to let go and there is no release ....
    When Jake died the dam broke...and I cried good and hard. My sorrow had a vehicle. ( I felt relief ....it was good )
    Oy 's reaction to his death was heartbreaking, when he left with Roland I knew was going to die too ,so I cried for Oy when Jake died. I knew he would make Jake proud, I knew he would die a hero's death...I knew he meant to save Roland.
    I cried for Roland the most....in my heart of hearts I hoped that at the end of it all ....Roland would be with his boy and not alone.

There is also a line in Dark Tower after Suzannah leaves Roland....( I don't have the book for reference right now ...so I know this isn't exact ) But he thinks ...when you walk through a door you never look back...it is a difficult line to read after the build to that moment...it makes you realize how very final things can be...
    KIt

KIt

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread makes me sad just reading about everyone else being sad.

It's like the Debbie Downer of all threads...LOL.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Debbie Downer!

WA-WA-WAAAAAAA.....

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

SPOILERS:

>
    >
    >
    >

I cried several times during the series, but I think all of them in the last book. I think I first cried when Jake hugged Roland and called him Father. That one got me going in a big way.

I cried when Eddie died (especially when he talked to Roland right before he died), when Jake died and when Roland buried Jake. I cried when Susannah met up with Eddie and then all of a sudden Eddie said he was with his brother and Susanna expected Henry only to find Jake.

I cried when Oy died, especially when he looked at Roland right before he died.

I didn't cry when Susan died. In fact, I had a hard time feeling anything for her at any point in the story.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

we have a

Spoiler:
    spoiler tag
    on the fourm if you want to use it Valkyrie.

And I totally agree with you--I didn't get too worked up about Susan but I think it was because Roland had made a clear choice at that point.

About what what important to him and I was fully on the tower with him
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

Thanks! I'll use that from now on.

I think my lack of feeling for Susan was also just that she was a boring character to me. There wasn't much of interest...just your typical, perfect, beautiful, sweet love story heroine. She is probably the flattest important (not to say that they all aren't important, but you know what I mean, I hope!)character in all the books for me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

She wasn't very well developed, I think. Of course, she really is only in W&G, so that probably doesn't help.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I find it funny that so many women LOVE W & G but HATE Susan! They try and say it has to do with "lack of character development" "too perfect" etc. etc. yeah, yeah unh hunh
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Really, it's because she's a wuss.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I consider her nothing but a pawn in the game which is actually kind of sad for her.

All I ever had for Susan was pity

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats right - whenever I get burned at the stake I'm rubbing on the bbq sauce like it was tanning lotion!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

She kind of ticked me off. Such a big baby about everything. Thorin messes with her and she's totally traumatized. Wants Roland to "take care of her".

Okay, yeah, she's only sixteen, but come ON! Grow a spine already!

I could never see someone that weak with someone as strong as Roland. That relationship was doomed from the start.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, he just rubbed up against her and got off.

That happens to me every time I go to Six Flags.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG LOL too funny!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean though Daghain - Roland is not interested in "damsel in distress" type women at any other point in the story - all his conquests are quite strong and independant.

Maybe he had an Oedipus complex and Susan reminded him of his mum?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to base it on youth and lust.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

First love can be a very strong thing. I have two teenage daughters.

"but daddy, I LOVE HIM!!!"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, good luck with that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

One is out of my hands and I am going to be a grandpa in December

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Woo!! Cool! Lets hope for the first half of December, there can never be enough Sagittarians in the world

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, I am hoping for early in the month but my dad thinks we need another Capricorn

I will kill you guys with pics when it happens.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Make sure you do!!
    Ruby is a Capricorn, she'd totally be down with your Dad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast