Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Whose death was the hardest on you?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Chambers

60 26.55%
  • Eddie Dean

78 34.51%
  • Oy

57 25.22%
  • Sheemi Ruiz

1 0.44%
  • Susan Delgado

20 8.85%
  • Gabriel Deschain

0 0%
  • Randall Flagg

6 2.65%
  • Father Callahan

4 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you cried during the quest? ***END OF SERIES Spoilers***

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Lots of things, especially in the last book got me very choked up and effected me deeply. Jake and Oy's death's hit me the hardest and I did cry with Oy's death. When I first read Roland's approach to the Dark Tower that made me cry too.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Along the Path of the Beam Aki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I cried when Susan died, when Eddie died, when Jake died (or not actually when he died, but when Roland buried him and Oy howled by his grave). I cried at the end of the final volume all along from when he stood by the door, until the end... the hardest death was definitely Eddie's. Partly because it was so sudden, I didn't see it coming and when he was suddenly shot I almost cried out "OH MY GOD WHAT?"... and partly because of the epic moment before he died in the bed.
    ---
    Ragnarök slukar mig, allt mörknar, och jag ser mig själv stå mitt i Ginnungagap.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was re-reading the Wastgelands last night and it is the bit where Jake feels like he is losing his mind and he has just got his marked final essay back. The way he reacts to the teacher's kind comments.

The first time I read it I desperately wanted Jake to find Roland again but knowing what happens....

Also, when Eddie says how he now means to see the Tower...

It's hard re-reading knowing what happens to these guys. Oy isnt in it yet but that will kill me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Lots of things, especially in the last book got me very choked up and effected me deeply. Jake and Oy's death's hit me the hardest and I did cry with Oy's death. When I first read Roland's approach to the Dark Tower that made me cry too.
    Well, ain't you a total bitch.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Well, ain't you a total bitch.
    Yep.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes I feel it would be easier and shorter to write down when I didn't cry during the last book.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice lisaki is on a distinguished road lisaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Sometimes I feel it would be easier and shorter to write down when I didn't cry during the last book.
    Right
    Eddie's death was the worst for me. Maybe because he was the first of the ka tet to go.

Traveler krisagon is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by lisaki View Post
    Right
    Eddie's death was the worst for me. Maybe because he was the first of the ka tet to go.
    Yeah, I heard that... when Eddie calls Roland "Father", I lost it.
    Also, when Oy says "Olan" and licks Roland's hand.
    I got sort of misty (in a happy way) when Roland meets Grandpa Holmes as the chief of Tet corporation. It assured me that everythings going to be ok.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...and when he sees that photo. Don't forget the photo.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler R.O.s is on a distinguished road

I cried at different times throughout the books. However, I sobbed when "the boy" died and then again when his "best friend" died, (what killed me about the latter is that you know it is coming for books!). Both times I actually had to get out of bed and go into the bathroom to weep because I didn't want to wake my husband! There hasn't been a book before or after that has made me feel like that. I just got so close to them.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was absolutely inconsolable when Eddie died. I knew it was coming (I can't avoid spoilers for the life of me) and I cried the chapter he died, I cried when I saw the Whelan picture in the book of the 'Tet standing around Suze's Cruisin' Trike...God, but that was bad! I had to wait to read the chapter until I was alone because I knew I would cry so much as to upset anyone around me...I was right.

Jake's was easily the next hardest. I was okay (I cried myself out over Eddie, I think, as I read them both on the same day) but when Roland started reciting Cuthbert's prayer, I wasn't able to hold myself together any longer.

No other book characters have affected me this way, honestly. I cried once during the Belgariad (when Silk sees his mother after the absence) and a couple times during LOTR, but otherwise I was just horrible!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    No other book characters have affected me this way, honestly.
    I feel quite the same way. I can cry easily if I watch or read a good book but when I was reading DT7 sometimes I felt there were worlds falling apart in my soul and I was simply out of control.

Traveler katevondanzig is on a distinguished road katevondanzig's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How bad is this...I didn't read the last book because my mom read it before me and said it's an extremely upsetting end so I couldn't bring myself to know how they all died. You get to know the characters so well and it's unreal how emotionally attached you get to them. I couldn't bear to read about their deaths!

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt there were worlds falling apart in my soul and I was simply out of control.
    This is a beautiful phrase and I understand exactyl what you mean. Makes me think of the ending of Joyce's The Dead for some reason.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you cried during the quest?

Well there was the time I was reading Wizard and Glass naked. I decided to take a break after reading one of the sexy segments and I closed the tome too hard. Coincidentally I invented a whole new word which was nearly all made up of consonants too.

Spoiler:
    That might not have really happened.

No, really, it didn't.

I think Eddies death hit me hardest, although Oy was close. I didn't cry but I was in danger of welling up.

Traveler Willowtree is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I bawled at them all when the Ka-tet was breaking up...pretty funny to picture myself reading and crying *rolls eyes at self*

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

I bawled when Eddie died, and when Oy cries over Jake's grave, and I'm pretty sure when Oy died too...kinda messed up that Jake and Susan didn't bother me the way Oy did though. He is just the sweetest little thing.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Along the Path of the Beam Doe is on a distinguished road Doe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you cried during the quest?

No, im a man, and ofcourse, men dont cry when reading books

Spoiler:
    I cried like a baby all the way through DT:7, Mostly when Suze was leaning over Eddie on his deathbed, When Jake was dieing, When Oy licks 'Olan's hand before heading off to the clearing, when Suzanna meets Jake and Eddie in New York, when Roland screams al his friends names whilst approaching the tower, during every 'Room Sequence' in the tower, and when he reaches Coda....So yes, I cried

Traveler over_come is on a distinguished road

I cried when each member of the Ka-tet died but the hardest was during Roland's approach to the Tower, probably when he called out Oy's name. I also would like to mention the good tears, like when Susannah finds Eddie and Jake alive and waiting for her in the alternate New York.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

The death that hit me the hardest was Eddie. I cried long and hard through the whole thing for Eddie or maybe for Susannah and the others. I was a 33 year old widow. I know what it is to watch while the one you love dies while there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Of course I cried for Jake and Oy too and even teared up a little for the Pere but Eddie's death ripped my heart to pieces.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I cried the most for Jake just cause I've loved Jake since book one. But the second one was Oy, Eddies death was a tear jerker but they never fell from eyes for him. But I think Jake and Oy's death hit me so hard cause i'm a kid and dog person, I see a kid crying I want to cry with them. Wont say this was the first book to make me cry cause I cried for the HP books.

Traveler Calvin is on a distinguished road Calvin's Avatar

I would have to say Mr. Dean's death struck me the hardest, as I could most relate to him, and his earthly struggles to get over a substance that has it's fingers wrapped around the mind. Oy was next, as I am very much a fan of dogs, and have had a few loyal ones in my day.

Country
    Country Flag

I am rereading DT7, this is the second time I am reading this part. (I have read the other books 3 times.)
    I cannot believe how often and how much it makes me cry.. I hoped it would be easier this time. Well, it is not.

I am rereading DT7, this is the second time I am reading this part. (I have read the other books 3 times.)
    I cannot believe how often and how much it makes me cry.. I hoped it would be easier this time. Well, it is not.
    This is your second time through the series??? I don't even know how many times I've read the series and I still cry/get choked up. Especially when Los' get's erased except for his eyes. It always gets me ver klempt.

Country
    Country Flag

This is your second time through the series??? I don't even know how many times I've read the series and I still cry/get choked up. Especially when Los' get's erased except for his eyes. It always gets me ver klempt.
    First of all:
    Anyway yeah, I am always on a rereading but I have big brakes. I started rereading the last books about a year ago and I just couldn't force myself to go on because of all the losses.. but some days ago I picked up the book again and I cannot put it down every since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast