Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: IT symbol

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Default IT symbol

i was wondering if anyone had the symbol that was on IT's door. you know, the one that looked different to each of the losers. a boat, a full moon, and a clenched fist are waht i remember. there was an illustration in the book, i recall, and i can't find it on the internet.

also, on a side not, does anyone have the insomnia one? the kamikaze one?

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i don't recall ever seeing the illustration in the book. i just reread it and don't remember seeing any illustrations in the book at all. i know they described what it looked like to each person - but never what it really was.

it's not even on the dust jacket.

anybody got something else?

::hopeful::

i'll try and see if my copy has it and scan it. i have the hardcover first ed (i'm pretty sure, at least) i was hoping that it would be online, but probably to no avail. update later

Update:

here's the IT symbol

and the Insomnia symbol

and while i'm scanning stuff, here's the copyright page. can anyone tell me if i do in fact have a first ed.?

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

oh fuck, that's right. i totally went space-cadet. i even remember thinking that it looked like john when he was getting ready to beat me. thanks for posting it.

ETA: whoa. where the hell did that come from? i'm spending way too much time talking to people from a certain town up north of me i think.

does anyone know if the IT symbol has any outside meaning aside from the book? did sai king lift the symbol from someplace else? is it a character from a different alphabet? if so what's it's meaning? what is the dealio with the IT symbol?

So it goes.

- Oscar Wilde

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

After seeing this I want a tattoo of it...

i was thinking of that myself. IT is my favorite book ever.

So it goes.

- Oscar Wilde

for the record, i can find no outside meaning for this symbol, but i don't really know where to look. maybe i'll post this query on the sk message board and see if the mod has an answer.

So it goes.

- Oscar Wilde

mod sais on sks's message board that he made it up, so it's only meaning is from the book.

So it goes.

- Oscar Wilde

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the one from Insomnia means kamikazi . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Traveler Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
    here's the IT symbol
    Cheers for the scan. I was looking through my copy for that just the other week but couldn't find it. Of course now that I've seen it here, as soon as I picked up the book again just now I found it in a matter of seconds (page 827)

Sod's Law.