Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Alternate History Books

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Alternate History Books

Just very recently I've become interested in the genre of alternate history, and specifically the subgenre of what-if-the-Nazis-had-won?

There's surprisingly a large amount of works in this subgenre, and I've gotten three books now: Philip K. Dick's The Man in the High Castle, Harry Turtledove's In the Presence of Mine Enemies, and Robert Harris's Fatherland.

Anyone read these novels? Can anyone suggest anything else in the same vein?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

someone (who will remain nameless) once forced me into reading an orson scott card series about an alternate US history. Alvin Maker, I think it's called. It wasn't horrible, I guess.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Satanic Mechanic B Rag will become famous soon enough B Rag's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read any of the ones mentioned, but I have been meaning to read the Galatin series by L. Neil Smith. It's about an alternate US history where the wording in the Constitution was slightly different, leading to it being abandoned and replaced with a new one, with a less powerful government.
    I think alternate history ideas are very interesting!
    Have you heard of people with short fuses? Well, I have no fuse at all, and there's a thousand could testify to it if I hadn't stilled their tongues for good.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker
    my itty bitty boy parts need the movie to grow
    You can't ignore my girth.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I read The Man In The High Castle and really enjoyed it.