Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Cover Songs

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I am loving how Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong is releasing a new cover every Monday as part of what he's calling No Fun Mondays. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qPCKxlw2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAzkd4uh5SE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNkfUaIrkI
    I have been aiming to ask: is Mr. Armstrong done with Green Day? Usually when you see such changes it spells the end.

Not done is my best guess - it's just because of the isolation.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I THOUGHT I heard him bill this way before all the virus stuff. Maybe not.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

March 23 email was the first I'd heard of it.

"Dear friends..
    While we’ve all been in quarantine I’ve been reflecting on the things that matter the most in my life. Family, friends and of course music. I recorded a cover of Tommy James and the shondells “I think we’re alone now” in my bedroom.
    I figure if we have to spend this time in isolation at least we can be alone together.
    Love BJ"
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear!
    Thanx

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Not exactly a cover song but still pretty good.

https://vimeo.com/404483016
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wasn't a Journey fan, but 13-year old me was thoroughly blown away by that video; I thought, "man, these guys are pros, they are the real deal."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Journey had so many MUCH better tunes.
    I LOVE the rippin' guitar work in this one:

The BLUES!

Romance!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Another No Fun Mondays cover for Billy Joe Armstrong - this time it's a cover of That Thing You Do from Tom Hanks' film of the same name. Great job Billy!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is easily the worst cover song

And this is a great edit of the worst cover song

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

God! You KNOW you are old when Soundgarden is "vintage."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Corey Taylor from a Dio tribute album...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Rag'n'Bone Man - Human

DIANA ANKUDINOVA (15years old) - Human
    I was really surprised when I heard her voice for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KgD...e=emb_err_woyt

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Rag'n'Bone Man - Human

She's singing baritone. That is surprising. Did a good job though. I'd like to hear some Metallica!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Rag'n'Bone Man - Human

She's singing baritone. That is surprising. Did a good job though. I'd like to hear some Metallica!
    Really very unusual....
    She is an extremely rare contraalto, but also sings as a baritone and uses yodelling.

Diana Ankudinowa - Wicked Game

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Original: Ian Hunter (1975) with Mick Ronson (David Bowie's Spiders From Mars.) This video is from 1980.

Same tune by Shaun Cassidy (1980)

Same tune by Great White (1989)

Country
    Country Flag

Roxy Music - Jealous Guy [Live,1982] - John Lennon cover

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

One of my all-time favorite covers:

RIP Eddie. Legendary.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice timing ladysai!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast