Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Cover Songs

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Hunger Strike. It's the first time I've seen that one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I love Hunger Strike. It's the first time I've seen that one.
    Chris covered the Mad Season song "River of Deceit" with the Seattle Symphony Orchestra but the sound isn't that great. Shame, I adore that song.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The posthumous release of Chris Cornell's No One Sings Like You Anymore is available digitally.

Chris Cornell’s estate has surprise-released a new posthumous album of covers, No One Sings Like You Anymore.

Cornell recorded the album in 2016, playing all the instruments, while Brendan O’Brien produced and mixed it. The 10-song track list comprises songs by artists that inspired Cornell, and the record marks his last fully completed solo album before his death in 2017.

No One Sings Like You Anymore features renditions of songs like John Lennon’s “Watching the Wheels,” Harry Nilsson’s “Jump Into the Fire,” Electric Light Orchestra’s “Showdown,” Prince’s “Nothing Compares 2 U” and Howard Tate’s “Get It While You Can,” which was popularized by Janis Joplin. It also includes Cornell’s rendition of Lorraine Ellison’s “Stay With Me Baby,” which was previously featured on the HBO series Vinyl, and a cover of Guns N’ Roses’ “Patience” that was released in July.

“This album is so special because it is a complete work of art that Chris created from start to finish,” Cornell’s widow, Vicky Cornell, said in a statement. “His choice of covers provides a personal look into his favorite artists and the songs that touched him. He couldn’t wait to release it. This moment is bittersweet because he should be here doing it himself, but it is with both heartache and joy that we share this special album. All of us could use his voice to help heal and lift us this year, especially during the holiday season. I am so proud of him and this stunning record, which to me illustrates why he will always be beloved, honored, and one the greatest voices of our time.”

While the album is available digitally today, December 11th, a vinyl version is available to pre-order and will be released March 19th.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Johnny Cash covers Tom Petty with T. Petty on back up vocals!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's the original:

...which I came to because I first heard the cover:

...by Steven Wilson, of whom I'm a huge fan.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Here's double cover by one hot lady and a hell of a band!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm obsessing over this cover right now - it's so beautifully done, singing-, production- and visually-wise.

If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice RIS!
    I'm a real sucker for vocal harmony!!

Love the Johnny Cash cover, Jon. Here's one of my favorite drag queens and a gay Canadian country singer named Orville Peck covering Jackson by Johnny and June, see what you think....and yes, Orville wears that mask or some form of it always in public. I can't find a pic of what he looks like without it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Been a big Metallica fan since I was a kid and I didn't actually think I would like this version. It's really good.

They are releasing an entire album of covers from the Black Album.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This is a good cover. It's well done and unique IMO.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm waiting for the Phoebe Bridgers cover of Nothing Else Matters. I just discovered her music a couple of months ago and that song has a really special meaning for me.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This is a good cover. It's well done and unique IMO.
    The Singer for St. Vincent developed her own guitar. Their music and performances are very cool if you had not heard of them before.

Guitars for Women, with Review of the St. Vincent Guitar

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IMHO, One of the BEST covers I have ever heard.................................

The man is a true master of his craft!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast