Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Cover Songs

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good one.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I wasn't familiar with the original version of the song, but sought it out after hearing Pearl Jam's rendition of it. I remember thinking "Why does this song sound so upbeat and happy when the subject matter is so sad?"

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay, one more. I love how hauntingly beautiful Nirvana's version is.
    Cover or not, it's one of my favorite songs ever.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally by The Vaselines.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Yeah, and Nirvana's version is better, in my opinion.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah well it's Nirvana. They (he) did many things better than most.

House of the Rising Sun cover. One of my favorite things ever.

http://youtu.be/D9nA1Q_pE_0?t=15s

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    House of the Rising Sun cover. One of my favorite things ever.

http://youtu.be/D9nA1Q_pE_0?t=15s
    Channeling Coltrane!!

I'm obsessed with Brian Fallon's vocals. That man can sing!

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Gold dust woman" by Hole. The worst cover ever.

Best cover, probably "dancing days" by Stone Temple Pilots, or maybe "ripple" by Janes addiction. I do enjoy "amazing grace" by the throwing muses as well.

I'm stuck in the 90s apparently.

You've got Bon Iver doing "Skinny Love":

But, then you've got The Gaslight Anthem's cover of the song which completely trumps the original:

I swear, Brian Fallon's voice is the salt shaker that adds flavor to any song.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

A couple i like are:
    Stone Cold Crazy - Metallica
    Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughn. This one will bring a tear to the eye everey time....
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Methinks Bruce was a bit drunk.

Gunslinger Apprentice Deaf&Dumb will become famous soon enough Deaf&Dumb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite covers, I love the original, but this one just does it for me.
    Ghost of Tom Joad-Rage Against The Machine

Another one that I love is D7-Nirvana, originally by The Wipers

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Cover... really does justice to the original!

Jon, I was literally coming into this thread to bitch about how awful that song is.
    I really can't stand it. Sorry.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Jon, I was literally coming into this thread to bitch about how awful that song is.
    I really can't stand it. Sorry.

...and to think I bought you two tickets to the Eagle's reunion tour!

*tears up tix

!

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

Best cover - Ministry - lay lady lay(bob dylan)

Worst - Well there is just too many to mention, but yeah madonnas american pie was fuckin disgraceful and that elvis song rubberneckin, its not really a cover more of a remix but it makes me feel sick when i hear it.
    Last edited by kaufen; 09-21-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

Apparently every Beatles/Lennon cover Elliot Smith did is excellent.
    Last edited by kaufen; 09-21-2016 at 02:38 AM.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just give this one 30 seconds.

Rocky Mountain Way - Godsmack

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

This one in pretty good.

Come Together
    - Godsmack

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Some trippy shit man...

John Denver with Taffy Nivert - Okie from Muskogee

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Prince - Creep Live

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love this Beatles song but this cover is arguably better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast