Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 782 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 282 682 732 772 780 781 782 783 784 792 832 882 1282 ... LastLast
Results 19,526 to 19,550 of 32426

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=stroppygoblin;867042]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I didn't buy this Carrie as I had heard mediocre things for the first two. I was planning of grabbing CD's gift edition of Carrie, in an assumption the quality would be better.

Now that this is starting to make its way in to collectors hands, would those of you who have all three PS editions recommend Carrie?
    I think I said this before somewhere, but I am treating PS editions as "UK Gift Editions" and the CD's as "US Gift Edition's" As I collect all GE's then I have bought all of both. I really liked PS's Christine, but I was a little disappointed with Pet Sematary (the quantity of artwork and the quality didn't seem as good) but Carrie has raised the bar again. Having said that, CD really go that extra mile with their books and when you open one, it just shouts "COLLECTIBLE" at you. If I could only have one, it would be CD's every day and twice on Sunday.

Thanks Stroppy, just the info I was looking for.
    Cheers

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked this up a couple weeks back - to finally complete my DT 1/1 collection

sorry not the best pictures - still in the transition with the move - will take better pictures soon

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do we think of Revival those of us who've read it?

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice cit74 - The Gunslinger 1st/1st is a nice one to check off the need/want list.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Very Nice cit74 - The Gunslinger 1st/1st is a nice one to check off the need/want list.
    TRUE and that appears to be nice copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The 40th anniversary Carrie edition design just screams small press. Very uninspiring.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which one? PS or CD?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Picked this up a couple weeks back - to finally complete my DT 1/1 collection

sorry not the best pictures - still in the transition with the move - will take better pictures soon
    Congrats! Is that stamped text on the dustjackets innerside..?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    [Congrats! Is that stamped text on the dustjackets innerside..?
    Yes, it is stamping from the dust jacket cover manufacturer. I think Gaylord stamps their covers. None of my Brodart covers have stamping on the paper inside.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Is that stamped text on the dustjackets innerside..?
    That would be stamped on the mylar cover, not the Jacket itself
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that way, so no worries about the real dustjacket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The 40th anniversary Carrie edition design just screams small press. Very uninspiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Which one? PS or CD?
    PS.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

To each their own. I'm not a fan of Chadbourne's art for Carrie but it's still nicer than King limiteds done by multi-billion dollar business: Under the Dome and 11/22/63. Those are cheapest of the cheap, cloth over boards trade editions with a signature page. You look at it wrong and those corners get bumped.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    To each their own. I'm not a fan of Chadbourne's art for Carrie but it's still nicer than King limiteds done by multi-billion dollar business: Under the Dome and 11/22/63. Those are cheapest of the cheap, cloth over boards trade editions with a signature page. You look at it wrong and those corners get bumped.
    Signature page! That's a generous description. It's a blank page except for King's sig.

I don't like Chadbourne either (his people look like a child's art project) but I like the cover and some of his other work.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that way, so no worries about the real dustjacket
    Sorry, it is on the mylar cover itself, not the DJ - as others had said. I need to replace that cover anyway

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    What do we think of Revival those of us who've read it?
    Just had to pull this out as no-one else commented.

jhanic comes in as Mr golden balls, "Look what I got!" in full blaze of glory and johnsmith87, in a very discrete manner says "Yeah, so what, I got it to, shut up and talk about the actual content"

+ve rep to johnsmith87!

jhanic
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

while you guys driving home the big trucks ;D
    i finally competed my small comic book collecting - just in time, waiting for the prisoner.

got the last DT & Stand copies - most signed, a 1/1 american vampire signed and some promo stuff.

now i am at least a few weeks "complete"

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

This was waiting from me at home:

I like it.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post

I like it.
    What numbered copy did you get?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post

I like it.
    What numbered copy did you get?
    #1 I heard

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

#1 I heard
    Yeah, I knew that was coming LOL!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

LOL, I actually did hope it was #1, but no 563.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

#1 I heard
    Yeah, I knew that was coming LOL!!!
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been a while since I received such a great lot.

2 S/L, 2 signed copies (Bag of Bones & Different Seasons), the two Contraband magazines (these were a great deal!), Io and HP Lovecraft, Against the world, against life.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Ari!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It's been a while since I received such a great lot.

2 S/L, 2 signed copies, the two Contraband magazines (these were a great deal!), Io and HP Lovecraft, Against the world, against life.

You often recieve big hauls of books. How many rooms are now filled of books? :p
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 782 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 282 682 732 772 780 781 782 783 784 792 832 882 1282 ... LastLast