Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 752 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 742 750 751 752 753 754 762 802 852 1252 ... LastLast
Results 18,776 to 18,800 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Never in a million years did I think I'd actually find one of these (in ANY way, shape or form).....

....but, this evening I picked up a 1st/1st copy of The Gunslinger for........ $10! The dust jacket is obviously in pretty bad condition but the book itself is in decent shape. Good enough for me, anyhow!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Frankie on Skeleton Crew, which # did you get?
    Brighterthandeathnow that is an awesome buy! Congrats!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BDN - Can't beat that !!! deal of the year

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    My Joyland Collection is now complete!
    You know there is a Chadbourne Library bound edition now don't you ?

Thanks for the heads up Simon. If I counted all the overlook products I never have a complete set of anything, JK

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post
    Never in a million years did I think I'd actually find one of these (in ANY way, shape or form).....

....but, this evening I picked up a 1st/1st copy of The Gunslinger for........ $10! The dust jacket is obviously in pretty bad condition but the book itself is in decent shape. Good enough for me, anyhow!
    So... Did you tell him what it was worth after you handed over the $10?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job. Now just buy a new DJ and you have a $600+ book.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Where on earth did you find that for 10 dollars?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A GREAT buy! Congratulations!

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Surely one of the best deals ever? Congratulations!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Deal. Wish I had a 1st, I've only got a 2nd. Also, pity my spare dust jacket is for a 2nd.
    Well done!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    He said an old high school "friend" was selling a lot on Facebook and he made an offer for $10.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you went to church and confessed after stealing from your friend. Perhaps the steal of the century! Now go say 10 Our Father's and 10 Hail Mary's, and a few hundred Acts of Contrition.

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was interviewed for Books Tell You Why's blog about my collection (not only King). Here's the link to the 1st part. Enjoy, guys.
    http://blog.bookstellyouwhy.com/mosh...azFq-792156524

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A great interview, Moshe!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, John!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, that was an interesting interview, Moshe. Well done!

Perhaps we should move this to another thread though?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Patrick.
    Just tell me which thread to move it. I thought it's right here since my interview+collection are my new pride and joy!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    He said an old high school "friend" was selling a lot on Facebook and he made an offer for $10.

Correct. Well, actually we knew each other all through grade school. On Friday he posted a big lot of King books (mostly paperbacks) to Facebook saying he wanted $70 for the lot. On the bottom shelf was sitting The Gunslinger. At first I couldn't believe what I was seeing. So I sent him a message offering $10 for it, and completely unexpected of me, he accepted. Drove to his house and picked it up last night.

And sorry I didn't respond to the questions earlier but it seems I'm paying my penance for the "theft". Woke up around 2am this morning dripping in sweat, shivering, and making several trips to the toilet to worship the porcelain God. Still running a fever with a terrible headache at the moment. Strange.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post
    I was interviewed for Books Tell You Why's blog about my collection (not only King). Here's the link to the 1st part. Enjoy, guys.

Great Interview!!! Nice little plug for the site as well!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank YOU, Bill !!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

You have the power.....where should it go?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Patrick.
    Just tell me which thread to move it. I thought it's right here since my interview+collection are my new pride and joy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

You have the power.....where should it go?
    Well, now that he says it is his new P&J, I'm happy to honor his intention and leave it here. I hope it doesn't get buried too quickly, it's a good read.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice Moshe ! I liked the interview and the collection

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Moshe

I enjoyed the blog read and collection pictures with my coffee this morning. Very enjoyable, thank you for sharing with us.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved part 1 of your interview, Moshe.
    Looking forwards to part 2.

Thanks for sharing!

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 752 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 742 750 751 752 753 754 762 802 852 1252 ... LastLast