Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 722 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 222 622 672 712 720 721 722 723 724 732 772 822 1222 ... LastLast
Results 18,026 to 18,050 of 32422

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The McCammon looks great!

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

OK, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Name's Nick. Sorry I don't get the Gene reference.

Love your new signature, even though it's making me a little seasick.

Your new book is inscribed to Gene.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

More detailed pictures in my collection thread.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The McCammon looks great!
    Yeah, it really is a nice production. Heavier than I expected, I like the materials, marbled paper inside the traycase cover is a nice touch, but what I really like is the signature page artwork ... it is beautiful in hand, really captures the feeling of the book. This is my first McCammon S/L, and I'm pretty happy with it.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If your SK books are in order of publishing, where would Battleground fall?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anthologies might be treated differently by collectors, but it was issued in Spring 2012 according to Justin Brooks Bibliography.

I think it was the second release that year, after "The Wind Through the Keyhole".

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Publishing date? Battleground S/L was finally released in December 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Anthologies might be treated differently by collectors, but it was issued in Spring 2012 according to Justin Brooks Bibliography.
    It was scheduled for Spring. I think the unsigned was released in Summer and the limiteds didn't get distributed until December.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Publishing date? Battleground was finally released in December 2012.
    OK, so that puts it after 11.22.63 and before TWTTKH - thanks
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I edited my earlier response. I think either edition would still have been after TWTTKH though.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited my earlier response. I think either edition would still have been after TWTTKH though.
    Doh! sorry yes, TWTTKH was April '12. It doesnt actually make adifference as I have DT books on a separate shelf. So for me immediately after 11.22.63 and before Joyland is correct

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I shudder to think of the nightmare this would cause if I tried to rearrange my collection of King books into strict chronological order. I've got novels (but include Danse Macabre, On Writing,etc.) in chronological order. And I've got short fiction (anthologies, etc.) in chronological order but separate. And short non-fiction in chronological order but, again, separate. Just thinking of combining them into one continuous string of books makes my obsessive-compulsive disorder cringe.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To be fair Bob, you have not only a feckin enormous collection but considerable shelf space to arrange it in!
    The problem is less significant with just 1st US editions, gift editions and non signed limiteds on just the one bookcase.

Country
    Country Flag

Doh! sorry yes, TWTTKH was April '12. It doesnt actually make adifference as I have DT books on a separate shelf. So for me immediately after 11.22.63 and before Joyland is correct
    Since it's a Richard Christian Matheson book I don't shelve it with the SK books.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair Bob, you have not only a feckin enormous collection but considerable shelf space to arrange it in!
    The problem is less significant with just 1st US editions, gift editions and non signed limiteds on just the one bookcase.
    Oh, I agree. And there are probably as many different ways to arrange a collection as there are collectors. What suits one collector doesn't appeal to others necessarily. I was just trying to visualize the time required and the end result if I was to do that with my collection.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the 2 main authors that I collect, I try to put the books in chronological order but what is part of my collection. But now I definitely run out of space, so things starts piling on top of each other...
    It's a good thing that I dont have much that would really be considered as "valuable" by most.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Oh, I agree. And there are probably as many different ways to arrange a collection as there are collectors. What suits one collector doesn't appeal to others necessarily. I was just trying to visualize the time required and the end result if I was to do that with my collection.
    It might not be possible since we don't always have accurate information on the actual release of the book.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just came in the mail today.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just came in the mail today.

NICE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Big, isn't it??? When mine arrived, my wife didn't believe a book was in the package!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely is although I'm a bit relieved that it isn't as big as I thought it would be. It's of a manageable size. I was worried that it would be so colossal that I wouldn't be able to pick it up without straining my back.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, I never thought I would have my Gunslinger this fast into my collecting A BIG OL' THANKEE to StroppyGoblin with out him this would not have been possible. and they smelled so good. Kinda weird maybe but I smell my books

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Amber! In return may I present my own new pride and joy, with thanks to Tippy4!
    Gunslinger 1st/1st !!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

beautiful, The mail was good to us today

+ Reply to Thread
Page 722 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 222 622 672 712 720 721 722 723 724 732 772 822 1222 ... LastLast