Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great job, Tippy! Let us know how it looks when you get it!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have never seen a "signed" The Stand bookmark. Wow. If that is an actual-not a facsimile signature, you have truly rooted out a treasure.
    Congratulations.
    The Stand was just something the seller was throwing in.

Stephen King sent out the bookmark (actual signature), a letter (facsimile signature) and a copy of Black House as a package to those that were on his "waiting list" to get a signed book right before the release of The Revised Gunslinger.

Here is another one that randtor recently sold

Stephen King Black House; Special signed insert!

As you can see, it sold for quite a bit more, but it also included a copy of Black House (which I don't need) and the letter which reads

"Dear Constant Reader, As part of my plan to retire and reduce my workload, I will no longer be autographing books through the mail. I know you have been waiting quite some time and have, therefore, signed the enclosed flyer to honor your request for an autograph. Please enjoy this copy of Black House with my compliments and best wishes, and thanks for waiting so patiently for your autograph.
    Sincerely,
    Stephen King
    P.S. And really - don't forget Wolves of the Calla in November!"

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just got my copy of the paperback UK Penguin Readers version of Misery. A thumbnail is attached.

This book is not really worth the money! It is not King's story, but "retold" by Robin Waterfield. It's a total of 87 pages long, followed by six pages of activities for a classroom.

There are a total of six full-page illustrations by Ian Andrews. His style is reminiscent of Mark Geier's (remember the Green Mile ones?). I don't have the ability to post the illustrations without destroying the book.

None of the pages of Misery's Return are "retold".

Interestingly, on the copyright page, the following appears:

"The moral right of the adapter and of the illustrator has been asserted."

I wonder what that means?

John

couldnt you take PICTURES of it with a camera, without destroying the (crap) book?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I had this (Penguin Readers) version of Misery, The Breathing Method and The Body. I threw them all in the bin. They were not worth keeping.
    the illustrations? :'-(

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nice grab Tippy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

couldnt you take PICTURES of it with a camera, without destroying the (crap) book?

I had this (Penguin Readers) version of Misery, The Breathing Method and The Body. I threw them all in the bin. They were not worth keeping.
    No--all I have is a scanner and I'd have to "break" the book to take pictures of the illustrations.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I only collect Stephen King. He doesn't do illustrations.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

No--all I have is a scanner and I'd have to "break" the book to take pictures of the illustrations.

John
    John-

I've "threatened" you before about a camera. We may just have to send you one in the mail.

WE WANT TO SEE YOUR COLLECTION!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Recent additions to my collection:

Pet Sematary ARC second state (2 copies) with publisher's letter
    Signed Duma Key (enroute)
    Tabitha King - Small World (1st book) 1st edition signed
    Tabitha King - Small World ARC - once was Peter Straub's copy
    Tabitha King - Small World 1st edition
    Owen King - We're in the Together 1st edition
    Owen King - We're in this Together Advance Reading Copy (hardback with Publisher's letter)
    Owen King - We're in this Together 1st edition paperback signed

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

A pretty busy week Wiz. Nice stuff!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also just walked in with:

Long Road Home
    Jae Lee Sketch Variant (got fleeced at $75, but then again, this IS New York City)
    Deodato Sketch variant ($25)

This may be the end of my sketch variant purchases....I said may

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Long Road Home
    Jae Lee Sketch Variant (got fleeced at $75, but then again, this IS New York City)

I feel the same way. I am certainly not going to buy the variants while their collectibility is hot. I learned my lesson with The Gunslinger Born. Some guy on eBay a week or so ago had multiple sets of all 6 of the Jae Lee sketch variants for The Gunslinger Born for about $79 PER SET a couple of weeks ago. I paid that much sometimes for a single issue. Not this time around!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Long Road Home

I feel the same way. I am certainly not going to buy the variants while their collectibility is hot. I learned my lesson with The Gunslinger Born. Some guy on eBay a week or so ago had multiple sets of all 6 of the Jae Lee sketch variants for The Gunslinger Born for about $79 PER SET a couple of weeks ago. I paid that much sometimes for a single issue. Not this time around!
    My thoughts exactly Bob.

If anyone bought all 7 sketch variants of The Gunslinger Born at the MSRP they paid $375.00. I paid about $200 for mine and then i saw teh auctions you referred to for $79 and groaned. I'll wait this time!

I went to a game parlor at lunch and the guy had a stack out but would not sell any as he was validating his comics shipment in against his order - I had to give him my name and mumber and he told me he would save one if he had any left after subscriptions. At least I did manage to pick up two copies of the marvels fav Authors freebie! I'll go to my regular comics store after work tonight I think!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copies of Long Road Home and the Deodato variant at my comics store today at cover price ($3.99). He also gave me a couple complementary copies of Marvel's Best-Selling Authors promo. I'll be waiting until the hype dies down to get the Lee sketch variant also. Sometimes my guy gets them, others not.

John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

yep,i agree totally guys.im flat out refusing to pay the money for the variants this time around.when i see what the full set are being flogged for on ebay it makes me cringe.ill wait until the 5 issues are done and dusted and then start sniffing around.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not buying the variants. I would not pay more than cover price for them.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are all "comic collector" old hat now.

<--not high on variant's since the 90's
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought the print I was missing from my The Stand portfolio:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120227515870

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Ari! And signed by Bernie too!

John

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Here is my new pride and joy...the Michael Whelan Gunslinger print. I absolutely love it and have been looking for a copy for myself for years that was the right price. Anyhoo, I got this for $210 off E-bay. I feel like I got a real deal since the last few I've bidded on went for $500-$600+. I'm taking it to be professionally framed tomorrow and then it will be on my wall with my other Whelan prints.

Thanks again to Brice who found the auction for me and Wizardsrainbow who helped me with the bid itself!

and

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, you got a great print at a GREAT price

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Erin-
    Welcome. There is a real satisfaction with helping someone, especially another DT fanatic! So glad you are thrilled. I love that print too.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome Erin! I'm glad you got it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulaions Erin. That's a great print.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Erin. Congratulations!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 ... LastLast