Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 787 1287 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've noticed lots of "Sold" signs over on the Betts page......LOTS of "Sold" signs.

Someone must be doing something right.
    If the price is right, things sell quickly.

Some of the consigned items will never sell at the prices being asked. You can also see a wide variation in price for the same items.
    That's the truth! I had S/L Regulators anywhere from $675 to $950. I tell the consignees where I view the break points at (price where a book sells or doesn't) but I understand peoples' cost in a book is a determining factor they use when selling. No one WANTS to take a loss, but sometimes you have to.

And FYI, even though I say so on the site...MAKE AN OFFER if there is something you like but the price seems too high.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    By the way - did anyone here get the white Blockade Billy proof from Bett's?
    How much did it go for?
    $1150.
    I guess I may as well fess up. I'm the one who got the white Blockade Billy from David. It kind of broke my budget for this credit card billing cycle, so I had to split the payments until the next cycle. I should have the proof in my hands in a few weeks. I'll be posting pictures at that time.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    By the way - did anyone here get the white Blockade Billy proof from Bett's?
    How much did it go for?
    $1150.
    I guess I may as well fess up. I'm the one who got the white Blockade Billy from David. It kind of broke my budget for this credit card billing cycle, so I had to split the payments until the next cycle. I should have the proof in my hands in a few weeks. I'll be posting pictures at that time.

John
    Congrats anyway!
    It's only the second that we have actually seen (or maybe the same, but that's nobody's business)

===

Recieved : french press release for the movie DREAMCATCHER

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know of three other white Blockade Billy proofs in collector's hands so far. No names (except Lilja who posted one on his site.) Not too many, for sure.

Nice promo for Dreamcatcher!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

VERY nice items everyone.

That "Betts bookstore" has a lot of interesting books

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just won an auction for numbers #1, #2 and #3 of Phantasmagoria plus the Black House promotional postcard
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on your BB Proof, John and your latest aquisitions too Ari

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ari, you outbid me on the Phantasmagoria issues (not hard because I was sleeping and I had set a very low snipe ) Congratulations! I will get them another time, I'm not in a hurry.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I know of three other white Blockade Billy proofs in collector's hands so far. No names (except Lilja who posted one on his site.) Not too many, for sure.

Nice promo for Dreamcatcher!

John

NO names, but congrats for those that managed to get one : must have been really hard to find, except if the "owners" went to see the collectors
    Anyway, congrats!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really new, but somewhat new:

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Brice

Got this in the mail today - superfast shipping, I think I got it off ABE five days ago. A good deal I think: $10!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a GREAT deal! Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, especially considering its condition: the scratch you see in the pic is the only blemish, plus some slightly softened corners. I've been randomly buying some of the must-have mags and I thought I'd check on ABE what booksellers typically ask for this one. Well, they start at $80 and this one stuck out like a sore thumb at $10 so I decided to release it from its misery

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You are a true gentleman!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Brice : you buy french items?

Traveler Araknid01 is on a distinguished road

Default New Stephen King Collector

Please see below. I botched the original post
    Last edited by Araknid01; 06-05-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Pictures

Default New Stephen King Collector

Hello everyone! I am new to this board and a new Stephen Collector as well. I read my first Stephen King book back in high school (Salem's Lot/13 years ago) and immediately fell in love.

Earlier this year I read a few of his books and decided that I wanted to get together a complete first edition collection of his works. Here is my progress so far. Keep in mind I've only been collecting since March of this year (2010).

I just received my signed copy of The Gunslinger from Bett's Books and was extremely happy with my purchase. It is literally flawless. David is an amazing person to do business with. I also received my copy of Little Sisters of Eluria from him.

My next project is going to be getting a copy of Danse Macabre and an entire S/L Dark Tower set.....

Wish me luck and let me know what you think.

Last edited by Araknid01; 06-06-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Fixed Pictures

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the board. You have posted incredibly high resolution thumbnails photos of your wonderful collection.

For board purposes pictures ~800x600-1024x768 work best.
    If I can help you with reducing , and or posting pics, please let me know.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice all! Biomeg, you got a sweeeeeet deal there! I've been looking for that book/magazine for a long time

Araknid, awesome collection! Congratulations and good luck with your upcomming purchases!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Biomeg, sorry for the phantasmagoria auction I'll let you know if I see more numbers

For now I scored 4 numbers.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice : you buy french items?
    Really, I guess I collect a little of everything.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Default Help

Randall. I really would like some help with my pictures if you wouldn't mind. It took me a little while just to figure out how to post in the first place. Any help you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default posting pics

I just go to www.ImageShack.com and upload whatever pic I want and then you just copy the "code" next to where it says forum and paste it into your post where you want the picture.

Seems to work great (unless there is a reason not to do it this way?).

Your collection is amazing for so short a time! Signed Gunslinger and a 1st/1st Carrie and more?! awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 787 1287 ... LastLast