Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 782 1282 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Brice

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you...and thank you! I love it!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you both!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Thats great Lenny ... i have been thinking about getting a copy too!
    Hmmm... seeing this book I briefly felt the urge to get a copy (unsigned) but man, I really think £75 is steep. I paid the same for a S/L slipcased Horns which I felt was okay, but I'm going to pass on this one...

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hmmm... seeing this book I briefly felt the urge to get a copy (unsigned) but man, I really think £75 is steep. I paid the same for a S/L slipcased Horns which I felt was okay, but I'm going to pass on this one...
    It is WAY over priced. I would have never got the book for myself. My wife just happen to see an email from PS publishing and bought the book for my birthday. She doesn't know a thing about collecting books but it was very sweet of her to get it for me. Either way there are only 100 signed copies of the book and it is very well made. I am VERY glad I have the book from a collecting stand point as it is quite rare for King book.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    It is WAY over priced. I would have never got the book for myself. My wife just happen to see an email from PS publishing and bought the book for my birthday. She doesn't know a thing about collecting books but it was very sweet of her to get it for me. Either way there are only 100 signed copies of the book and it is very well made. I am VERY glad I have the book from a collecting stand point as it is quite rare for King book.
    I agree, I think it was very sweet of your wife to give it to you as a present

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Ari, those prints are beautiful.

Brice .... is that a record album?!?!? I love it !!!! Congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is, Pam. I love it too.

If you rescue me

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Brice!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    The artwork is really nice... but the price and (really) the lack of love I have for the story has, thus far, kept me from getting a copy...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@Brice : really nice! And what is the content? A wee bio about King?

I remember reading not long ago it was a small "print" cause it's like a bootleg, and now everybody gets one! (2 in a few months)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    @Brice : really nice! And what is the content? A wee bio about King?

I remember reading not long ago it was a small "print" cause it's like a bootleg, and now everybody gets one! (2 in a few months)
    Herbertwest

It just seems that way. This was the copy that I had in my collection. I knew Brice collected Vinyl and King so he ended up with it.

Where did bootleg come from? These are legit presses for a special Halloween broadcast by ZBS productions (no longer in business with vinyl)

The print must be very small because I've only seen three in my collecting career. Brice owns one, I own one that also includes a reel to reel used for the Halloween show (it also includes a production of Salem's Lot I've never heard before), and one I saw in a showcase at Horrorfind Weekend with a very hefty price tag on it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

So, these new acquisitions definitely deserve some Pride & Joy spotlight before I add them to my Collection Thread.

You guys know I have a small but nice proof collection. There are quite a few of them out there that are easy to get and I still haven't gotten them all, but I'm not in a hurry. Stuff like Needful Things, The Dark Half, Dolores Claiborne... they will be mine, but not today.

But 'there are other proofs than these...'

Some of them are really scarce and elusive and I happen to get a kick out of those old, quirky things. Not everyone understands this. But I'm quite sure that many among you, my fellow collectors, DO understand that the proofs - my new Prides & Joys - that I'm about to show you really make my collector's heart speed up a few beats...

So, here goes:

(drum roll)

Country
    Country Flag

Okay. Before I post the pics I would like to thank the fellow collector who sold me these proofs. If his dislike for paperbacks hadn't been bigger than his love for King collectibles I would most likely never had the chance to add these to my collection So Alan... tapadh leat, moran taing, thank ye (whichever appeals to your Scottish heart the most).

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I was interrupted by my girlfriend, who came home earler than expected - we're going away until tomorrow evening and we need to pack some stuff! So maybe I'll get a chance to post the pics before we leave, otherwise it will have to wait until tomorrow... and here I was, skillfully building up the suspense... sorry guys!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You're still building the suspense.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, seems I can squeeze it in after all.... without embellishments, here they are:

First, upon receiving 'the box' (I had to run to beat the timer on the camera, and no, I don;t have a long neck ):

And the proofs:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Those are some really hard ones to find. The Macdonald proof of THE EYES OF THE DRAGON is harder to find than most people realize and I have never seen a really nice copy without some wear or soiling. Yours looks pretty nice.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bob. For me personally, only the Doubleday proofs (and Alan's UK Night Shift proof) are more desirable than these.

The Eyes of the Dragon was the piece de résistance of my new acquisitions, so there's no need to be secretive anymore - I also bought the UK Christine proof but that one has yet to arrive. And from Betts, I expect to receive the Carrie ARC and the US Eyes of the Dragon proof in a couple of months.

... good times...

*edit* PS It turns out we're not going away for the weekend after all. Oh well...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ciongratulations!!!! AMAZING ADQUISITIONS!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, biomieg! Those, as Bob said, are among the scarcer items. Congratulations!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ari and thanks John! I knew you'd like it!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Eye's proof ROCKS. I've only seen one other, and like Bob said, not in great shape at that. Your copy seems to be pristine (except for my drool hitting it, glad you have it covered)

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 782 1282 ... LastLast