Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 764 1264 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I have a friend coming from Germany in a month and I'm going to ask her to bring me one! Which is the cheapest one of the 7 volumes?
    Would it really be that easy to get a copy of one of these books?
    I'd love a complete set, but are these still available?
    If so, where?? eBay??

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That is nice, Jerome. I'm about halfway through the book and am having a tough time. It's probably just me but I'm only reading a chapter at a time and then losing interest.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Sadly I didn't receive a review copy of this one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished it a few days ago (I got an ARC, then a signed but undated copy). I wasn't as impressed with Black Hills as I was with his Drood and The Terror. The constant use of the Lakota/Souix words slowed me down considerably.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jerome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That is nice, Jerome. I'm about halfway through the book and am having a tough time. It's probably just me but I'm only reading a chapter at a time and then losing interest.

I like Dan Simmons and have read many of his books. He is very talented and challenges readers with his versatility. That said I tried both the book and audio and couldn't get more than 1/3 through before giving up.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this and I'm pretty excited about it. Not sure if the spotting and fading problems only affected the unsigned editions but this DJ is mint:

Does anyone know if the sketch was similar for all of the collectors copy?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are my new Pride and Joys

My CD collection is now complete! I have been waiting for these titles forever!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    All the sketches I have seen have been similar/identical to yours.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    All the sketches I have seen have been similar/identical to yours.
    The only difference that I have found out was the backing paper color of the sketch. Nice acquisition!.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got this and I'm pretty excited about it. Not sure if the spotting and fading problems only affected the unsigned editions but this DJ is mint:

Only 1-100 came with the print. For the most part, the original drawings are similar with subtle differences.

FSMDR is correct......the background sheet the original is placed on might be different. My copy is on a tan page.

A nice pickup....congrats.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Surly!

John

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    My CD collection is now complete! I have been waiting for these titles forever!
    Very nice!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

surly-

quite a nice acquisition. Perhaps I missed it...about what did you pay for that copy?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, the sordid topic of coin.
    I'm sure I over-paid but I really, really wanted one. The asking was $3,000 and we settled on $2,700.
    My budget was $2,000 but they don't come up very often, so I just sucked it up and went for it.

Things have a way of balancing out though, because I found a lettered Regulators -- never opened out of the shipping box -- for $3,000 even. I thought that was a pretty good deal.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."

I found a lettered Regulators -- never opened out of the shipping box -- for $3,000 even. I thought that was a pretty good deal.
    Did you open it? If so, what letter did you get?

Personally, I don't think you overpaid for the Cycle S/L.

Country
    Country Flag

Of course! I'm not a 'keep it in the box/shrink wrap' kinda guy. It was letter Y. I forget who the check was made out to, but I'll look tonight when I'm home.

I hope I didn't over pay, but I try not to think about it too much -- it takes the 'joy' out of 'pride and joy'.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Surly, I don't think you overpaid too badly, if at all, for the Cycle of the Werewolf, and you most definitely did NOT overpay for the Regulators. Good buys!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Surly! Nice acquisitions... I'm looking forward to pictures of your collection (if you wish to share, that is).

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New in the Casa del Resident Chris:
    Stand by Me Laserdisc
    Bare Bones HC Limited Presentation Copy for only 20 Euro incl. Shipping to Germany!!!
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Of course! It was letter Y.
    Thanks for checking. I'm looking for copy "C". I've seen a lot of these books change hands over the years but have not come across "C". I've got a matching set of Charnel House books all with letter "C". THE REGULATORS is not technically a Charnel House book but it was designed by Joe Stefko and I would like to get it to enhance the set. The search continues.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course! I'm not a 'keep it in the box/shrink wrap' kinda guy. It was letter Y. I forget who the check was made out to, but I'll look tonight when I'm home.
    I going to guess that Y is:
    to Wentworth Ben Franklin
    for MotoKop for Claudia

$14.95

Country
    Country Flag

I going to guess that Y is:
    to Wentworth Ben Franklin
    for MotoKop for Claudia

$14.95
    That sounds about right.
    Wow, you're good Jerome.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Jhanic (John) was helpful to me in ascertaining who the Lettered checks were written to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 764 1264 ... LastLast