Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 731 1231 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 32426

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Along the Path of the Beam DavidK44 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My newest non-King signed limited slipcased Pride & Joy from Subterranean Press arrived today. Signed by Jack Vance and 24 others, including Neil Gaiman, Dan Simmons and Dean Koontz.
    My copy arrived today (#93). I agree - it's a beautiful book. I opened it up to look at it, and before I knew it, I'd read two stories. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Regards, DavidK

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DavidK44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My newest non-King signed limited slipcased Pride & Joy from Subterranean Press arrived today. Signed by Jack Vance and 24 others, including Neil Gaiman, Dan Simmons and Dean Koontz.
    My copy arrived today (#93). I agree - it's a beautiful book. I opened it up to look at it, and before I knew it, I'd read two stories. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Regards, DavidK
    Yours must have been boxed up right before mine as I received #94.

I have read a couple stories in the book as well (I have an ARC). It's very good!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

VERY Nice Patrick !

I waited too long on that one and missed it,
    gonna try to snag a copy on the secondary market.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new additions to my collection:

Lettered Skeleton Crew - Letter KK

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And this one I think turtlex will covet!

A Robin Furth inscribed Treachery graphic novel. The alteration in the "Gunslinger Creed" was one that I couldn't pass up.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Congratulations David! That book sure is beautiful.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations David. Excellent additions to your collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, David. Some worthy acquisitions!

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow !! You called that one right, David !!

I love that book !!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    A couple of new additions to my collection:

Lettered Skeleton Crew - Letter KK
    Congratulations!!!

I still want this book.
    I do have the numbered edition, and it's one of my absolute favorites.
    I doubt I'll ever buy the lettered edition.
    Simply too expensive.

sk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the lettered Skeleton Crew and the cool inscription on Treachery!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Great acquisition, David. I love that zippered Skeleton Crew.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Skeleton Crew courtesy of our own PlayPhish. Thanks Man! He even hand delivered it to my house. Was nice to have him here as I've only visited with him at the Whelan household until yesterday.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

ok.... back to this...

the drum.. "replicas" .... these are being mass produced and sent with the book?

is this a complete newsletter of the drum?
    It seems to be a complete replica.
    I just peeked, removed and shot a pick.

so that is not the code name mousetrap - which one is it?

my problems with the replicas is... down the road, how many of these are going to be passed off as original later on on ebay.
    when owners of the originals paid many hundreds for theirs, these replicas can definitely possibly dilute the marketabilty and validity of those originals.

add in the fact that unless there was expressed permission from king to make the replicas, i assume there might be some legal issues with copying and selling them... not sure on that though.

hey wiz. congrads on the zippered skeleton crew.... it's a pretty sweet book ain't it.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm beside myself with Bev's new book. It's incredible and I've only looked at 30% so far!

My God, that signature in the 3rd picture looks SO real--to the point where I feel like I see indentations on the back of the paper.

**breathes deep** Tell me it's just a facsimile!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

my problems with the replicas is... down the road, how many of these are going to be passed off as original later on on ebay.
    when owners of the originals paid many hundreds for theirs, these replicas can definitely possibly dilute the marketabilty and validity of those originals.
    I sort of agree...I mean, it's awesome to read them, but I wonder if just printing them in book form might have been the better bet? I mean - those look amazing! But maybe too much so?

I dunno...probably not a problem, but it might create some fakery down the road...or, just being paranoid.

Great book, though - that's undeniable!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, that is one sweet book. I need to order one!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I sort of agree...I mean, it's awesome to read them, but I wonder if just printing them in book form might have been the better bet? I mean - those look amazing! But maybe too much so?

I dunno...probably not a problem, but it might create some fakery down the road...or, just being paranoid.

Great book, though - that's undeniable!
    I think its a valid concern, assuming theres no differentiating details between the original and these facsimiles. For instance, Bob's letter thats reproduced there - if one shows up on eBay, what recourse does he have? He can try to get it pulled because he owns the original.... but to a third party like eBay, how to you tell which is the original? It could get messy, and will likely dilute the market for those rarities.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps you guys missed it, because it's pretty small, but each sheet says REPRODUCTION in one corner or another.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Perhaps you guys missed it, because it's pretty small, but each sheet says REPRODUCTION in one corner or another.
    Problem solved then!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The reproductions of The Drum and Comics Review are significantly smaller than the originals. Also, the only pages reproduced are the front page and the pages containing King's stories. The rest of the pages were not reproduced. I don't think any of these concerns about forgeries are valid, IMO.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I still think the concers are a "little" valid.

I can blank out the REPRODUCTION word and photocopy it at at 105%, which gives me a facsimile which is nearer to the original.

(Good enough to fool ebayers, if someone was so inclined).

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually...forgeries of these seem to be as easy as to make more 1st Salem's Lot DJ, and I think you don't see them.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The reproductions of The Drum and Comics Review are significantly smaller than the originals. Also, the only pages reproduced are the front page and the pages containing King's stories. The rest of the pages were not reproduced. I don't think any of these concerns about forgeries are valid, IMO.

the fact that not all the pages were reproduced does ease my mind/concerns a bit... and i'm glad to hear that fact. (i haven't yet got the book myself... but plan to this week)

but...
    since you and i and only a couple of others know about those pages and what they actually contain(in my case the code named mousetrap version)... i can see rabbit trick's scenerio coming around and unsuspecting buyers getting taken.
    kind of like all those faked "original" signed scripts that are so abundant on ebay.

so folks - just be sure to check with bob before you plop down large monies for "originals" of these - otherwise you might end up a sad little camper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 731 1231 ... LastLast