Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 714 1214 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized a book I recently purchased (nothing special; just a cheap hc from a used book store) has not only the name written on the inside of the book, but also their phone number. I am so tempted to call them.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for it Brice. You should ask them for a book review. See if it's worth reading before investing any of your time.
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I bought an out-of-print book on Amazon because I was going to meet the author and figured I'd get it signed...couldn't buy it new...

So I get the book...and he has already signed it...worse, it's with a personalized inscription to a prior owner...

WORSE...the book has a second personal inscription. The book had been given as a gift to this prior owner, by someone who made an effort to have the author sign it before giving it away!

So, the book made it to Amazon through a used bookstore - with two personal inscriptions, and already signed!

Luckily, they were on the same non-title page, so I cut the page out with an exacto knife...haha...don't worry, the book's not worth anything (I paid .01, plus $3.99 shipping), and I didn't want the author to feel bad! Haha...

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Well I finally got something new by King today. I bought the hardcovers of Treachery and The Long Road Home signed by Robin Furth. She signed them along the artwork like an artist does and she dated them. I liked how she did it.

I got mine, too... actually, I got one of each.

Here's a photo of LRH :

The Long Road Home Hardcover - signed by Robin Furth on July 19, 2009

I'm having issues with my digital camera, or I'd post them all.
    I got Treachery and Long Road Home Today. I think it was cool the way she signed and dated them. Dating them makes it feel more special.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Sick...my friend gave me a John Densmore (the Doors) Book

His ex-girlfriend went to a signing and he inscribed it "to Carolyne"
    The twit scratched out carolyne and wrote "mike" and then wrote a tear jerking sob story letter apologizing for being a cheat and begging for him back and it then says "I know you how much you love the Doors so I hope you will treasure this gift forever on the FFE....????"

TWIT is all I can think of.

Needless to say EX is the key word here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I bought an out-of-print book on Amazon because I was going to meet the author and figured I'd get it signed...couldn't buy it new...

So I get the book...and he has already signed it...worse, it's with a personalized inscription to a prior owner...

WORSE...the book has a second personal inscription. The book had been given as a gift to this prior owner, by someone who made an effort to have the author sign it before giving it away!

So, the book made it to Amazon through a used bookstore - with two personal inscriptions, and already signed!

Luckily, they were on the same non-title page, so I cut the page out with an exacto knife...haha...don't worry, the book's not worth anything (I paid .01, plus $3.99 shipping), and I didn't want the author to feel bad! Haha...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, clearly she deserved to lose him for destroying that book.

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    Go for it Brice. You should ask them for a book review. See if it's worth reading before investing any of your time.
    I'm thinking of doing it about 3AM.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Pam!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

My new Pride and Joy...

... The Gunslinger signed/numbered audio cassettes!

Only my second signed Stephen King item.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Pam!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default WARNING PICTURE SOME MAY FIND OFFENSIVE ~ DJ IN PAIN

OMG COULD IT BE....NO WAY ....IS IT.....OH NO....

...ANOTHER.....

R L W

EMBOSSING?????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    What's y'alls opinion on that for $50. Yes, it does have the RLW emboss in it.
    Buy it right away..... and start a collection of RLW embossed books.
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 08-14-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: SPELL

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    My new Pride and Joy...

... The Gunslinger signed/numbered audio cassettes!

Only my second signed Stephen King item.
    Congrats Pam!

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks guys!!

I love the autograph - so bold !!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Pam! A great acquisition.

John

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, John.

It's a real personal kind of thing for me, too. I first started my journey to the Tower listening to the audio cassettes while on a road trip to the Grand Canyon ages ago.

We just happened upon them in a dusty truck stop in the middle of nowhere. It was Ka, without a doubt.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Pam! Our little collector is growing up!

It's always great when the items have a personal significance too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Gay

Without a doubt, this one is special. And so was my first signed Sai King ( LSoE ).

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't posted much of my own acquisitions lately, but I have a couple "updated" Pride & Joys:

This is a hardcover Long Road Home graphic novel signed by Peter David, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove (and remarqued) and Robin Furth. Since I was the gatherer of signatures for the Grand Prize of the "Big Give" for the Haven Foundation fundraiser earlier this year, I brought/sent my own copy along to get signed. Alas, mine stopped at Robin Furth (thanks to Matt who sent it to Australia for me). The winner of the Grand Prize (our own Ari) gets his signed by King and I got Jae Lee to do a remarque as well.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Pam, on your S/L audiobook!

Love that remarque, Wiz!

Those embossing and inscription stories on the last page make me cringe.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had this painting for a few months now, but am posting a picture of it now. Yes, It's a Whelan.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Wow!!!. Very impressive. What medium is that?. Size?. Really nice, David.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I haven't posted much of my own acquisitions lately, but I have a couple "updated" Pride & Joys:

This is a hardcover Long Road Home graphic novel signed by Peter David, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove (and remarqued) and Robin Furth. Since I was the gatherer of signatures for the Grand Prize of the "Big Give" for the Haven Foundation fundraiser earlier this year, I brought/sent my own copy along to get signed. Alas, mine stopped at Robin Furth (thanks to Matt who sent it to Australia for me). The winner of the Grand Prize (our own Ari) gets his signed by King and I got Jae Lee to do a remarque as well.

I'm glad you got it and love it David, cool little incription there. Maybe one day this can go with you to a signing to get the last one.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool non-DT Whelan, David!

My Mood
    Gay

David - Two such cool items! Congrats!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, David.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, congratulations!!

And I couldn't thank you enough for getting a remarque in my prize!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 714 1214 ... LastLast