Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 703 1203 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff, John, biomeg, HW, and tippy. Congrats to each of you.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Tippy.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Good stuff, John, biomeg, HW, and tippy. Congrats to each of you.
    Congrats to you on your new pride and joy Pat!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, tippy!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Tippy, there are some serious books in that pic.
    Geoff

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the item I hinted about a week or so ago, it's a new commision from Alan M. Clark. First up pencil sketch:

Here is the contrast study:

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the final painting. I enjoyed working with Alan so much, we talked on the phone about this piece for a half an hour and when He sent the pencil it was almost exactly what I expected. The only real thing that was unexpected was Oy "waving his goodbye" along with the howl. This scene is the one that always rips my heart out and Alan has done it amazing, He calls it Jake's Funeral but for me it's Jake's Goodbye:

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

wow.

that's amazing.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Just.....Wow!

Dave, that is SO nice.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Bob!

John

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that in Alan's newsletter. I figured it must have been someone in this group. I really hope to meet the guy some day--he's just an hour away.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thats awesome!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    I saw that in Alan's newsletter. I figured it must have been someone in this group. I really hope to meet the guy some day--he's just an hour away.

I was pretty surprised to see the contrast study in the newsletter the painting was actually finished today (on a side note when he started the painting he emailed me asking what time of year it was for the funeral and at first I tried to remember then I remembered that it would have been the day SK was hit so I emailed him saying it took place on June 19th, it wasn't until after I sent the email that I realized it WAS June 19th so he started the painting on the actual day the death took place).

You definately should try to meet him he is a neat guy.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Absolutely beautiful!.

I LOVE the colors in the painting. Congrats, that's an awesome piece. Would love to see it framed. Thanks for sharing it.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post

You definately should try to meet him he is a neat guy.
    We've corresponded in the past and I've bought a book from him. He doesn't have a studio, but invited me to his house. I'm usually not that "social" but I'm going to take him up on it. He is having a featured showing at a gallery in August and I may go to the reception and meet him.

That's so cool about the 19th!!!! It's KA!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Absolutely beautiful!.

I LOVE the colors in the painting. Congrats, that's an awesome piece. Would love to see it framed. Thanks for sharing it.
    The colors are spectacular Alan was going for a stained glass window look based on the line from the book describing the clearing as church like.

"The hazy green-gold summerglow that lives only in forests deepened. It fell through the trees in dusky beams, and the place where Roland finally stopped felt more like a church than a clearing"

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's beautiful, Dave. Kudos to AMC!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is fantastic Dave. Just how I imagined the scene to be. Congratulations.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Here is the item I hinted about a week or so ago, it's a new commision from Alan M. Clark. First up pencil sketch:

Here is the contrast study:

Here is the final painting. I enjoyed working with Alan so much, we talked on the phone about this piece for a half an hour and when He sent the pencil it was almost exactly what I expected. The only real thing that was unexpected was Oy "waving his goodbye" along with the howl. This scene is the one that always rips my heart out and Alan has done it amazing, He calls it Jake's Funeral but for me it's Jake's Goodbye:

Dave - These are just so amazing. Are you going to frame them all together? Present them as a whole? The emotion they express is just so powerful.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Dave. That is just awesome. Congrats and tell him he has many admirers on this site. Another outstanding addition to your collection. Congrats.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Dave - These are just so amazing. Are you going to frame them all together? Present them as a whole? The emotion they express is just so powerful.
    Yeah though it makes it a challenge for placement (the first one Alan did wound up being 55" long) I will frame them together and I will post pics but it will be a few weeks.

BTW Alan will be selling prints at http://www.alanmclark.com/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of excited. This is one of the few signed limiteds I didn't have (I also have an out-of-series copy that is not numbered or signed):

Danse Macabre

I was able to use an 8% off coupon, so price was more reasonable.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats John!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congratulations, John!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool John.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 703 1203 ... LastLast