Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 686 1186 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My copies only have the signature. You are very lucky!

John

OMG. So unless David comes and tell me I am insane, then the skull was already unique to the book. Do not get me wrong. I still would have sent it to Michael for the inscription.

I forgot that I included On Writing in the first pic. It is nothing special but it is a first/first which the seller at ebay did not mention. So I am glad of that. Now it is just a matter of time till my S/L of Insomnia arrives and I will have my first King sig this go around.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome, Karen...

Gee, Brice... did Santa visit you early?!? Way cool !

Sleepless!!! Woowhoo. Very cool, too.

Congrats to all of you!!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG. So unless David comes and tell me I am insane, then the skull was already unique to the book. Do not get me wrong. I still would have sent it to Michael for the inscription.
    According to what I have seen and read, the skull was probably put in the book when Michael originally signed it, before it was sold to you.

Very unique and cool.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Matt. Here is a pic a bit closer. When you look at the page in person his sig and the skull look to be from the same pen. The inscription is a bit lighter. If David comes and says he seen Michael do it at dinner then I am way wrong, but at this moment I am 90% sure that I seen the skull the day it first came. I just thought it was part of the original print on the page.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So here's another remarque!
    Congratulations!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

It is still open for debate. I am very certain that the skull was there when I received it from grant. I did think it was just part of the print. David has said to me in PM that it was done as a favor and since he was there I can not argue that. Looking at the ink on the page the skull does fit with the original sig. Just in case David is not really sure if it was done at dinner or not, I have messaged the Whelan's to inquire. This has absolutely nothing to do with increasing the value of the book(I will not sale) but it does lend to the discussion of the limited amount of remarques. I know a few others have mentioned that there were small doodles. I just want to list this numbered book as one that came with a doodle if that is in fact the case. Hopefully I hear from David or Michael soon.

No matter what, this is my pride and joy atm. Please check the collecting questions thread if you have an answer about my new proof. Thanks.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a hard time beleiveing Michael would consider that skull a remarque.

Don't get me wrong...it is nice...but I call that a doodle.

I might even go so far as to call it a sketchy-doodle (god I hate that phrase).

Remarque though?....nah.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

I do remember a few others reporting that they had small doodles when they received their copy(the eye) or such. I do not care if it is a remarque or not. The thing here is what did he consider a doodle when he did the sig. If the skull was part of the original sig, then it has to be included in the ones he said he did. I am not so sure his definition of sketchy doodle is much different than ours.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand the significance of whether he did it originally (anonymously) or later when he inscribed the book to you. Either way it's there now, and it's very cool!

Karen, congrats on yours too.

Brice, great stuff and a whole lot of it!

My latest P&Js:

Thanks to David.

Inspired by Dave.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I don't understand the significance of whether he did it originally (anonymously) or later when he inscribed the book to you. Either way it's there now, and it's very cool!

Karen, congrats on yours too.

Brice, great stuff and a whole lot of it!

My latest P&Js:

Thanks to David.

Inspired by Dave.

Absolutely none. To be honest it is more of a personal thing. My mind swears to me that the skull was there from the beginning. So that part of my brain is telling me I am a dumb ass for thinking it was part of the print on the page and that all copies had it. The other side is telling me that David knows exactly what he is talking about and that it was done as a little extra for me since I only asked for the Ka/eye. Please do not get me wrong on this one. I am thrilled either way. If you could only see how I handle the book when the wife asked to see it, you would know. I guess it is part of my ocd behavior rearing it head.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you may be confused about what David said.

I am 99.9% sure that your little skull was added when Michael originally signed it. He did that on a few of them with a Ka symbol. You are one of the lucky few that not only got a sketchy doodle (on the book when you bought it) but also a personal remarque courtesy of David and Michael.

You may have felt like a dumbass for thinking it was a part of the page but it wasn't. Just lucky happenstance.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Congrats again!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, just to make this clear...Michael did the skull, the ka symbol, the eye and the inscription on Saturday night after dinner when we were sitting there talking, in front of my own eyes. He did the same with Karen's book. We watched him sketch it out. When you got the book, there was nothing except Michael's signature and the number on the book. Everything else was added last Saturday night.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang!

I was way off base and should have stayed out of this all together.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for clearing that up David.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for clearing it up. As stated, it was just as nice either way. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you for delivering the book, and to Michael for making it even more awesome.

Matt, you made an educated guess and can't fault your logic there. I just hope I do not find anything confusing when my latest purchase arrives. Damn the doctors and switching my meds. It does make my brain feel like scrambled eggs for the first week.

Thanks again David, for everything.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jason. Glad you are happy with the book.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Happy does not do it justice. I have sigs from various celebs. When you get one from an asshole like Emmit Smith, it really does not mean much. When you are able to get something like this from a guy as cool as Michael seems to be, then it makes it great. You David, are awesome for helping out someone that you have only had brief encounters with for a month or so.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But thats just the type of guy David is!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, yes he is

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i have . congrats to everyone on their new items. and bricey? who'd ya kill?

and nerak i don't care that your newest item is price clipped. i'd like to start the bidding at infinity and beyond.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just rceived a NF/NF first edition Thinner. Paid $20 including shipping.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

$20?
    Wow. Way to shop!
    Congrats, Jerome.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Craigslist.
    I just missed out on a 1st Bachman Books @$50

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It never occurred to me to check craigslist, Jerome. Good idea.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It never occurred to me to check craigslist, Jerome. Good idea.
    I agree, no luck on San Diego's craiglist, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 686 1186 ... LastLast