Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1291 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 291 791 1191 1241 1281 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... LastLast
Results 32,251 to 32,275 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Exciting news to share!!
    I've been holding this close to the vest waiting to get confirmation and yesterday after talking with a previous employee of Doubleday I'm happy to share.
    When I started to collect Stephen King editions of value I started to learn about Proofs and arcs. I had collected for a time before that but unaware of the world of Signed Limited Numbered and Lettereds, Proofs, Manuscripts and all the other amazing forms the collecting world had to offer in the Stephen King universe! Proofs and all prepublication items became and still is my favorite focus! While learning about all the points and pertinent info regarding this focus I kept going back to see the picture Bob had shared for the Darktower.org proof section of his Doubleday Proofs. I thought those were the most beautiful Stephen King collectibles I had been exposed to since collecting! This set me off on the goal to get a complete set of the Doubleday Proofs! I was made aware shortly after making this my longterm goal that there was NOT a true Proof of Carrie and the ARC is what I'd be having to accept. One night in 2016 a Galley of Carrie was discovered and I was able to obtain it. The information sheet that was glued to the top which was common for Doubleday Proofs showed a release date of February 8th, 1974, this was later chaged to April. The information sheet also had ORIGINAL PRICE of $6.95 this was chaged to $5.95 for release.
    Almost 9 years to the day that I became the owner of the Galley I acquired a "First State" dustjacket for Carrie with the original price of $6.95. I'm incredibly excited and everyother word you can think of to have this to go along with the Galley! The time and help that Bob and a previous employee of Doubleday provided in helping me identify the dustjacket was so very generous and I'm grateful beyondwords! This community has some amazing people in it who selflessly help others and have resources that are nothing short of incredible!
    This is not for sale or trade but wanted to share something that I think is pretty special in this hobby! We the public are exposed to such a small amount of what is actually out there and produced during the publishing process and love seeing new discoveries in Stephen King collecting!

Insane. Love it.
    Thanks!! I'm ecstatic!!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Richard!!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you find the jacket in the wild (meaning, were some copies sold with that dj)?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I need a Carrie firdt ed jacket for my flat signed one. I have one, but the "D" is missing in the spine of Double Day.
    But that looks like an awesome collection of Carrie stuff.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Exciting news to share!!
    I've been holding this close to the vest waiting to get confirmation and yesterday after talking with a previous employee of Doubleday I'm happy to share.
    When I started to collect Stephen King editions of value I started to learn about Proofs and arcs. I had collected for a time before that but unaware of the world of Signed Limited Numbered and Lettereds, Proofs, Manuscripts and all the other amazing forms the collecting world had to offer in the Stephen King universe! Proofs and all prepublication items became and still is my favorite focus! While learning about all the points and pertinent info regarding this focus I kept going back to see the picture Bob had shared for the Darktower.org proof section of his Doubleday Proofs. I thought those were the most beautiful Stephen King collectibles I had been exposed to since collecting! This set me off on the goal to get a complete set of the Doubleday Proofs! I was made aware shortly after making this my longterm goal that there was NOT a true Proof of Carrie and the ARC is what I'd be having to accept. One night in 2016 a Galley of Carrie was discovered and I was able to obtain it. The information sheet that was glued to the top which was common for Doubleday Proofs showed a release date of February 8th, 1974, this was later chaged to April. The information sheet also had ORIGINAL PRICE of $6.95 this was chaged to $5.95 for release.
    Almost 9 years to the day that I became the owner of the Galley I acquired a "First State" dustjacket for Carrie with the original price of $6.95. I'm incredibly excited and everyother word you can think of to have this to go along with the Galley! The time and help that Bob and a previous employee of Doubleday provided in helping me identify the dustjacket was so very generous and I'm grateful beyondwords! This community has some amazing people in it who selflessly help others and have resources that are nothing short of incredible!
    This is not for sale or trade but wanted to share something that I think is pretty special in this hobby! We the public are exposed to such a small amount of what is actually out there and produced during the publishing process and love seeing new discoveries in Stephen King collecting!

Said it elsewhere but will repeat it again here - this just blows me away. Congratulations!
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Perseverance prevails!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Matt! This kind of "find" is getting harder and harder -- even with the aid of the internet. I know you're justifiably proud! Enjoy the entire acquisition and I'm hoping you have even more good fortune going forward!

Best,
    John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING!! Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Ok guys, I recently had to pack up my King collection while getting a new hardwood floor. As I set the collection back up again I am examining some amazing stuff. I want to share a photo of what I believe to be the best copy of RAGE I’ve ever seen. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

My Red portfolio from Insomnia. Please go to my thread for more info.

Considering how complete it is, I am very with it.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Ok guys, I recently had to pack up my King collection while getting a new hardwood floor. As I set the collection back up again I am examining some amazing stuff. I want to share a photo of what I believe to be the best copy of RAGE I’ve ever seen. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hot damn. That’s a beautiful copy
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Paid $300 like 10 years ago. Bought it from a guy who paid 10 cents for it at a yard sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My first second post to the Your New Pride and Joy thread. First up is A Life in the Cinema Artist Presentation edition. I've been looking for a copy of this for awhile and one finally popped up. On a side note, the seller of this hard to find edition shipped it in a bubble envelope. Miraculously, it survived the journey.

My second P&J, I was finally able to add a signed and inscribed Carrie to my collection. This was signed during King's Firestarter tour: LA stop.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool !

I have a signed limited copy (of "A Life in the Cinema") for sale but it's always nice to rarer copies !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cool

Those are great adds. My Carrie is just signed with no date, so you got a great one there.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That's pretty cool !

I have a signed limited copy (of "A Life in the Cinema") for sale but it's always nice to rarer copies !
    Great signed Carrie!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This arrived today on my Birthday. Woohoo!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Congrats on a beautiful one of a kind item.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great birthday gift.

Country
    Country Flag

Happy birthday Alan !

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Birthday, Alan!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool

That looks really cool.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    This arrived today on my Birthday. Woohoo!

Happy Birthday! That was really awesome, obtaining the book in memory of Bill Bender(Merlin 1958).

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Happy birthday!
    Great gift
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by mcbanick View Post
    Exciting news to share!!

Said it elsewhere but will repeat it again here - this just blows me away. Congratulations!

Simply amazing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1291 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 291 791 1191 1241 1281 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... LastLast