Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1290 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 290 790 1190 1240 1280 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... LastLast
Results 32,226 to 32,250 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Vigoran will become famous soon enough Vigoran will become famous soon enough

Last summer I won an auction for a Doctor Sleep inscribed to King's highschool friends Caroline and Leon from his graduating class of 66. That package would come with an Easter egg of sorts that would lead me to purchasing Caroline's actual yearbook inscribed twice by an 18yr old SK. In school Caroline was known by "Carrie", and it is her belief that she inspired the title of his first work. Her prom dress was vandalized by a jealous classmate, which may have also loosely inspired the climax of the novel.
    There are also clues that King used these years to inspire future works, such as classmate "Roland Desjardins". Despite the obvious similarity to our Roland Deschain, Desjardin was the name used for the coach in Carrie, and later used for a character in Gwendy's Button box. There are other mentions that suggest other inspirations, including that of Lady Abigail from the Stand. The inscription to Caroline in the back of the book one of the earliest I've ever seen, and touching to say the least. This has never been owned by another collector, and Im happy to be able to share with you all. It also came with a copy of a "Batman" script that king wrote for a school play. But it won't let me post additional pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, so cool !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Really cool!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations. That is great.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Adding some pictures sent to me by Vigoran, who couldnt add more pictures apparently :

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure about anyone else, but I can’t see them…..,
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see them. Thanks to herbertwest for helping out.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Not sure about anyone else, but I can’t see them…..,
    You don't?
    I opened my browser as private browsing, and it shows as well

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Still can’t see em, not sure why
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Robert Addison Day's End. Egg Tempera on 24" x 30" masonite board, 1976.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

That is a beautiful piece of work.
    Wonderful, just wonderful.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Lovely!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it, great painting.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Thanks for the kind words.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone! Nice acquisitions!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up these today.

First hardcover Anubis gates goes with my other 2 copies.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Joe315;1269399]Picked up these today.

That Swan Song is a sweet limited - great read!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Adding some pictures sent to me by Vigoran, who couldnt add more pictures apparently :

Is there a way to get a readable version of that school play script?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That Anubis Gates is a nice pickup! I don't collect Powers in any serious way, but a signed first of that book would be at the top of my list if I did!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Exciting news to share!!
    I've been holding this close to the vest waiting to get confirmation and yesterday after talking with a previous employee of Doubleday I'm happy to share.
    When I started to collect Stephen King editions of value I started to learn about Proofs and arcs. I had collected for a time before that but unaware of the world of Signed Limited Numbered and Lettereds, Proofs, Manuscripts and all the other amazing forms the collecting world had to offer in the Stephen King universe! Proofs and all prepublication items became and still is my favorite focus! While learning about all the points and pertinent info regarding this focus I kept going back to see the picture Bob had shared for the Darktower.org proof section of his Doubleday Proofs. I thought those were the most beautiful Stephen King collectibles I had been exposed to since collecting! This set me off on the goal to get a complete set of the Doubleday Proofs! I was made aware shortly after making this my longterm goal that there was NOT a true Proof of Carrie and the ARC is what I'd be having to accept. One night in 2016 a Galley of Carrie was discovered and I was able to obtain it. The information sheet that was glued to the top which was common for Doubleday Proofs showed a release date of February 8th, 1974, this was later chaged to April. The information sheet also had ORIGINAL PRICE of $6.95 this was chaged to $5.95 for release.
    Almost 9 years to the day that I became the owner of the Galley I acquired a "First State" dustjacket for Carrie with the original price of $6.95. I'm incredibly excited and everyother word you can think of to have this to go along with the Galley! The time and help that Bob and a previous employee of Doubleday provided in helping me identify the dustjacket was so very generous and I'm grateful beyondwords! This community has some amazing people in it who selflessly help others and have resources that are nothing short of incredible!
    This is not for sale or trade but wanted to share something that I think is pretty special in this hobby! We the public are exposed to such a small amount of what is actually out there and produced during the publishing process and love seeing new discoveries in Stephen King collecting!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Jerome!! I posted this here first as this is where I learned so much and will continue to!!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is phenomenal. Thanks for sharing.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Exciting news to share!!
    I've been holding this close to the vest waiting to get confirmation and yesterday after talking with a previous employee of Doubleday I'm happy to share.
    When I started to collect Stephen King editions of value I started to learn about Proofs and arcs. I had collected for a time before that but unaware of the world of Signed Limited Numbered and Lettereds, Proofs, Manuscripts and all the other amazing forms the collecting world had to offer in the Stephen King universe! Proofs and all prepublication items became and still is my favorite focus! While learning about all the points and pertinent info regarding this focus I kept going back to see the picture Bob had shared for the Darktower.org proof section of his Doubleday Proofs. I thought those were the most beautiful Stephen King collectibles I had been exposed to since collecting! This set me off on the goal to get a complete set of the Doubleday Proofs! I was made aware shortly after making this my longterm goal that there was NOT a true Proof of Carrie and the ARC is what I'd be having to accept. One night in 2016 a Galley of Carrie was discovered and I was able to obtain it. The information sheet that was glued to the top which was common for Doubleday Proofs showed a release date of February 8th, 1974, this was later chaged to April. The information sheet also had ORIGINAL PRICE of $6.95 this was chaged to $5.95 for release.
    Almost 9 years to the day that I became the owner of the Galley I acquired a "First State" dustjacket for Carrie with the original price of $6.95. I'm incredibly excited and everyother word you can think of to have this to go along with the Galley! The time and help that Bob and a previous employee of Doubleday provided in helping me identify the dustjacket was so very generous and I'm grateful beyondwords! This community has some amazing people in it who selflessly help others and have resources that are nothing short of incredible!
    This is not for sale or trade but wanted to share something that I think is pretty special in this hobby! We the public are exposed to such a small amount of what is actually out there and produced during the publishing process and love seeing new discoveries in Stephen King collecting!

Insane. Love it.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Exciting news to share!!

Sweet Jesus... Damn !!
    Absolutely amazing story.. wow, Wow

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Thanks Buddy!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1290 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 290 790 1190 1240 1280 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... LastLast