Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 604 1104 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    My apologies turtlesong. Any signed King book is notable and something not within everyone's grasp.

apologies not necessary. here, i'll just wipe the drool off your screen for you.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Aside from a few ARCs by unknown authors I scored while working at Borders, I have never had anything "collectible" until our very own Turtlesong sent me a first edition first printing of Black House *woot* and a copy of Tommyknockers that I think I need her to re-tell me what is special about it. Anyway, these new possesions inspired me, and I saw a teeny used bookstore in a little town we had been passing through on the way home from kayaking and I found my first awesome used book find!

A first edition Regulators in really nice condition for only $7!! I was so proud of myself. And grateful for the over-the-phone coaching I got from Turtle to be sure I was holding what I thought I was holding. Just wanted to share!!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll give you a first/first signed The Stand if you give me turtlesong's number.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Aside from a few ARCs by unknown authors I scored while working at Borders, I have never had anything "collectible" until our very own Turtlesong sent me a first edition first printing of Black House *woot* and a copy of Tommyknockers that I think I need her to re-tell me what is special about it. Anyway, these new possesions inspired me, and I saw a teeny used bookstore in a little town we had been passing through on the way home from kayaking and I found my first awesome used book find!

A first edition Regulators in really nice condition for only $7!! I was so proud of myself. And grateful for the over-the-phone coaching I got from Turtle to be sure I was holding what I thought I was holding. Just wanted to share!!

::sigh::

it's a first edition, first printing

::sigh::

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'll give you a first/first signed The Stand if you give me turtlesong's number.

hell, i'll give you turtlesong's number for a first/first signed The Stand!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too! And I don't even have it yet.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, you and Brice can have half each. I'll have to break out my chainsaw.

Turtlesong, seriously though. I'd be cool as hell to talk to you.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell, I'll kidnap her and deliver her for the whole book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Done deal Brice. Please inject her with the syringe that I'm sending you. It's very important that she is sedated at the time of delivery.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Ricky - to get this thread back on topic, is THIS your new pride & joy?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, sure is! Thanks to my best friend Brice, I am now the proud owner of a human being! After watching Saw, I have many plans for her. Muahahaha.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

RUN turtle RUN!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    So Ricky - to get this thread back on topic, is THIS your new pride & joy?

Congrats, Wiz, on both your signed 3rd edition IT and on your mystery ARC.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    RUN turtle RUN!
    She can't if she is sedated!

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    RUN turtle RUN!
    She can't if she is sedated!
    dayum. is everybody getting in on this plot?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So here is the book I teased you all with late last week. It just arrived 10 minutes ago.

It is an ARC of Coldheart Canyon by Clive Barker. It is inscribed to actress Whoopi Goldberg and Clive did an original sketch underneath the inscription.

Here it is:

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey! THat´s really neat! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, David!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    So here is the book I teased you all with late last week. It just arrived 10 minutes ago.

It is an ARC of Coldheart Canyon by Clive Barker. It is inscribed to actress Whoopi Goldberg and Clive did an original sketch underneath the inscription.
    Nice book, David. One of a kind for sure.

I really liked COLDHEART CANYON. It was one of the few Barker books I have been able to finish in many years. I just put aside MR. B. GONE after about 50 pages. I just couldn't get into it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The mailman finally delivered this (he's usually here before noon!):

John
    Attached Images

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The mailman finally delivered this (he's usually here before noon!):

John
    Congratulations! I'm still looking, although I did get one of those pesky UK sampler proofs in the mail today.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So John . . . it looks like you didn't get 2 by mistake?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I've caught the collecting bug (thanks, T/song!) I just google searched a list of used book sotres and placed a bid on an interesting set of King first editions. Wish me luck on that! (No really, do, because I already have some of them, so I'll have some to give away!).
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 604 1104 ... LastLast