Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 688 1188 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Earlier today, I opened my garage door to find a package from Cemetary Dance!!

Opened it up and voila!! my book has arrived!!! Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, and it is GORGEOUS. A few years late but it's beautiful.
    the actual book or an arc?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Opened it up and voila!! my book has arrived!!! Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, and it is GORGEOUS. A few years late but it's beautiful.
    Yup, got mine yesterday too. it's a HUGE book. Kind of disappointed in the flat red no embossment, markings, or any type a flare slipcase, but the book itself is beautiful.

Real thing, not an arc!
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got two more proofs. I've added them to my Collections thread. I've got two more on order. After they arrive, I'll be adding them also.

The two I got are proofs of McSweeney's Mammoth Treasury of Thriiling Tales with The Tale of Grey Dick and Nebula Awards 28 with King's essay on the passing of Fritz Leiber, A World Without Fritz.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

the actual book or an arc?
    The actual book man. The real deal. Yeah, it's got a no frills slipcase that really is disappointing considering what I paid for the book, but after looking at the other slipcased books from CD (except Secretary of Dreams) I shouldn't have been surprised as they (only two that I own) have plain slipcases too. I think would have chosen another color besides red though.

Now I just have to find a copy of Wood's Uncollected, Unpublished for a decent price.

I'll have to do the picture thing later, this weekend probably. But I will post some.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my Non-Ficiton book today - check one off from CD Pubs; three to go! :-)

Not thrilled with the Red slip case either, but the book itself is great! Big too! About 1/8inch taller than LSOE and about 1/3 wider!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Might one of you post a photo of two of NON-FICTION? I'd love to see what you're all talking about. Thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I just have to find a copy of Wood's Uncollected, Unpublished for a decent price.
    PM me. I think I have a spare.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are a few pics Patrick.

Stephen King: The Non-Fiction ( I have a print of the cover pic that CD sent me ages ago; it is pretty big - perhaps 18" x 24")

With the ugly plain Red Slip Case

Signature Page - Rocky Wood's Signature is basically unreadable!

This shows the size relative to a more normal sized book.

Spoiler:

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Original sketch of that cover is in our giveaway!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, here is my new pride and joy. It did not come easily as it was supposed to and I will share with you the usps tracking to explain.

Arrival at Unit, April 10, 2009, 7:01 am, FLOMATON, AL 36441 Missent, April 09, 2009, 8:16 am Processed, April 07, 2009, 10:22 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30369 Processed, April 04, 2009, 1:28 am, BELL, CA 90201 Acceptance, April 03, 2009, 8:39 am, ALHAMBRA, CA 91802
    Keyword was MISSENT!! I nearly lost my mind

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Original sketch of that cover is in our giveaway!
    I saw that - that's the one I have too!

Spoiler:

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

sleepless, that is awesome!!!

( and how terrifying to see the word "missent" when you're waiting on something that cool.... glad it found it's way safely to you )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

sleepless that book is too awesome for words.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favourite S/Ls, its simple but elegant. And the leather.... Congrats!

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
    Well, here is my new pride and joy. It did not come easily as it was supposed to and I will share with you the usps tracking to explain.

Arrival at Unit, April 10, 2009, 7:01 am, FLOMATON, AL 36441 Missent, April 09, 2009, 8:16 am Processed, April 07, 2009, 10:22 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30369 Processed, April 04, 2009, 1:28 am, BELL, CA 90201 Acceptance, April 03, 2009, 8:39 am, ALHAMBRA, CA 91802

Glad to see the book arrived ok, hope you enjoy it.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post

Glad to see the book arrived ok, hope you enjoy it.

I love it. You could tell it was loved before me as well, by the care that was given in shipping it. Very proud of my new book. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree beautiful book sleeplessdwarf both of the M.V. Ziesing books are gorgeous
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Country
    Country Flag

Ziesing made good quality books (shame he messed up the inside on Insomnia). I hate that he's no longer publishing.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the UNPUBLISHED photo, Bob.

Congrats, sleepless. I agree, it is a beautiful presentation.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not the best of shapes but I think I won it at a good price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260388463870
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Can't beat 30 bucks for something that you want in your collection.

"Ziesing made good quality books (shame he messed up the inside on Insomnia). I hate that he's no longer publishing."

Sam, I have not looked through the book other than what I took the pics of. What did he mess up on?

Country
    Country Flag

The text that was used was from an earlier version and had typos and grammatical errors from my understanding. I don't know who was responsible for that mix-up, but Ziesing took the heat for it. He made some really nice books. I have several that he published and all of them are well made and beautiful.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, ok. Good thing I have another copy for reading as I would never read this one ofc. Thanks for the info.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

The text that was used was from an earlier version and had typos and grammatical errors from my understanding. I don't know who was responsible for that mix-up, but Ziesing took the heat for it. He made some really nice books. I have several that he published and all of them are well made and beautiful.
    Hmm, this was the edition I read when I read the story, although it was the gift edition. I don't remember a lot of errors, but then again it was a while ago when I read it. *shrug*
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

I've not read that edition. I read the Viking edition and have made no comparisons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 688 1188 ... LastLast