Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 842 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 342 742 792 832 840 841 842 843 844 852 892 942 ... LastLast
Results 21,026 to 21,050 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW - just noticed the MASSIVE difference between the Johnny Mains signatures on my books and Alan's....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    WOW - just noticed the MASSIVE difference between the Johnny Mains signatures on my books and Alan's....
    There's quite a difference on your own two books.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    There's quite a difference on your own two books.
    Looks like three different signatures, wow.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Just received safely in beautiful Vero Beach, Florida all the way from amazing Austria, thanks to a deal with Priest!

you are welcome! nice to see that its in good hands, and back in the states ;D

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's definitely not the same hand that signed those Johnny Mains signatures.

It's almost as if he got bored having to sign 750 signing sheets, so got some of his mates to help out...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the market is just saturated with all those Johnny Mains forgery's out there.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd really like it if Johnny had a brother called "Gas".

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

It's almost as if he got bored having to sign 750 signing sheets, so got some of his mates to help out...

Based on how my own (mostly illegible) signature has changed over time, I have no problem at all believing those three are from the same person.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Based on how my own (mostly illegible) signature has changed over time, I have no problem at all believing those three are from the same person.
    It takes years for a signature to change over time. These signature sheets were signed by Johhny Mains over a very short period of time - maybe a couple of weeks or less.

If this was a Stephen King signature we were talking about, it would be a very different story and many people would be going apeshit right about now...

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you just compare the letter ‘s’ ; all three have completely different mechanics. One goes down and to the left, one goes down then up to the left and the other goes down up to the right then to the left and finish with a loop on the right. If all three are by the same person it is the oddest thing I have seen.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there is no "Johnny Mains"...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It takes years for a signature to change over time. These signature sheets were signed by Johhny Mains over a very short period of time - maybe a couple of weeks or less.

If this was a Stephen King signature we were talking about, it would be a very different story and many people would be going apeshit right about now...
    No, we wouldn't be. It's very unlikely that a reputable and respected publisher would forge a signature in a signed limted book. Especially a publisher that has published signed editions for some of the bigggest names in the field: King, Bradbury, Wolfe, Powers, Hill, Gaiman etc.

I understand your frustration with PS but this is reaching. As for signatures changing, my looks very fifferent after signing it 100 times in a day.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seams that there are not that much people here into the DT comics, but i am very glad that my personal book-consierge got the new series for me, as they are very hard to impossible to get here in austria ;D

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

No, we wouldn't be. It's very unlikely that a reputable and respected publisher would forge a signature in a signed limted book. Especially a publisher that has published signed editions for some of the bigggest names in the field: King, Bradbury, Wolfe, Powers, Hill, Gaiman etc.

I understand your frustration with PS but this is reaching. As for signatures changing, my looks very fifferent after signing it 100 times in a day.
    I don't think anyone's claiming the publisher was involved. That would be malevolent and not worth any publisher's reputation.

This kind of difference really could (note I'm saying "could") be attributable to an author or artist having someone else help sign a bunch of signature sheets. The striking differences in the 3 signatures are hard to deny.

As we're seeing with "Gone Girl" those signature sheets get sent to an author/artist and sometimes don't come back for months. The publisher, out of respect or just practice, surely doesn't police the signatures once they get them back. This is just a weird case. I doubt this artist, or most others, would think about super-informed collector sites such as ours combining signature images from 3 different sheets and comparing.

This is just something be curious and speculate about. i find that interesting.

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Seams that there are not that much people here into the DT comics, but i am very glad that my personal book-consierge got the new series for me, as they are very hard to impossible to get here in austria ;D

Sorry to trample, Priest! Nice acquisition. I like the DT comics.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the King comics too. I just got the five The Prisoner ones from a local seller. Made me check my collection and realise there are a few holes in the earlier arcs I needto find.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The first of the Doubleday slipcases is in hand and looks great! for those that are interested but may have missed the discussion on how these came about see here

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first of the Doubleday slipcases is in hand and looks great! for those that are interested but may have missed the discussion on how these came about see here

[/URL]
    Wow, beautiful slipcase!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are wonderful!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Awesome Simon!!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two new acquisitions. My very first F&SF edition. I saw it on a shelf and liked the condition, so bought it. Also, a short nonfiction piece appeared in Tin House magazine called "The Ring."

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Two new acquisitions. My very first F&SF edition. I saw it on a shelf and liked the condition, so bought it. Also, a short nonfiction piece appeared in Tin House magazine called "The Ring."

Great Stuff!!!!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New addition to the UK NEL series:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! They look so good on the shelves...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 842 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 342 742 792 832 840 841 842 843 844 852 892 942 ... LastLast