Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 693 1193 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Bob,

It is nice to hear from you again. I miss her too and it has taken several years to get back into SK again, but I am starting to re-read the books and rediscovering why I fell in love with his writing in the first place. I hope you are doing well.
    Gerald

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

neo - Wow, yup. You did it right. That's a cool presentation.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like you have three checks framed and one affixed to the book. All three signed as Stephen King.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes,

The first 3 checks were signed as SK, before he realized the mistake and correctly signed them as Richard Bachman. They are #1,2 and 3. The checks were presented to Stephen matted to a cardboard paper so that they could be cut out and placed in the book. He had to get a replacement sheet issued. He wrote "Oops" and presented them to a charity in Bangor to auction them off. It was bought by Stu at Betts Books and hung on his wall for several years until I purchased it. I have never come across the signed limited #1,2 or 3 but would love to purchase them to have the complete set.

The check in my book was signed either by accident or a deliberate mistake just to be different.

G

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello G, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy 'em as much as we do.

That's a pretty impressive item you have. Please share more pictures of other items!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Corner, Gerald/Neo. Thanks for sharing photos of these unique items as well as the backstory.

Sounds like it's been a few years, but still I'm sorry to hear of the passing of the SK collector who was your and Bob's mutual friend.

Please make yourself at home and continue to post here and in any/all of the threads.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

well, it turns out my husband is running a marathon this weekend so i can't come and steal all of your things.

so let me just sit here and

and g - welcome. nice checks, i'm impressed and jealous as hell.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome on the board
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Patrick and all,

Thank you for your kind words and for your warm welcome. I will definitely try to post more and share with you all my love of SK. I will also post more pictures as appropriate.

Long days and pleasant nights.
    G

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How very cool to have those checks and also a additional SK signed in the book
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received this yesterday:

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Neo-

Welcome, and I am very jealous. I asked Stu once several years ago when I was at his store if those framed checks were for sale and he basically said "not on your life!" Goes to show that people can change their minds and every item has its price.

We are very glad to have you here!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jerome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jerome. What kind of material is the tray case lined in?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Received this yesterday:

Wow, that's a nice book there Jerome. Where did ya get it?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Very nice, Jerome. Congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Received this yesterday:

Randall, that's the UK s/l edition, isn't it? It looks different than my US s/l edition.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Randall, that's the UK s/l edition, isn't it? It looks different than my US s/l edition.

John
    The UK and US versions look the same. Only the publisher's name on the spine is different.

Last edited by Mr. Rabbit Trick; 05-01-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: picture added

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Wow, that's a nice book there Jerome. Where did ya get it?
    Can't say.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The traycases look different, though. Aren't they?

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John
    No. Just the writing on the spine again.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    That is a good question. Not owning both versions I can not say, but I would love to hear from those who do own both.
    Looking at the Collectibles Catalog jemaher submitted pics of 5 tray case spines side by side-two Bantam and three Grant. I see no significant difference (other than Bantam/Grant at the base).
    Pic:

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I used to own both and there is no difference other than the publishers name.

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Is there a difference in the color of the velvet lining?
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Is there a difference in the color of the velvet lining?
    No difference in the velvet color. The only differences are:
    The Publisher's name on the spines of the slipcase and the book.
    The signature sheet limitation (250 + 1000) and country. See photo.
    The publisher on title page. See photo.

The UK one should be rarer as there were only 250 of them compared to the 1000 US ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 693 1193 ... LastLast