Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 579 1079 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

John F. Kennedy Crimson King is on a distinguished road Crimson King's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all, and nice one, Sir Boomme. I keep going back to that and other Half Price Books in my area (it's a chain store) now, trying to find a similar deal, but I don't think that comes along too often. I did get a 1st/1st Christine that's in pretty nice shape (one small tear at the top spine of the dj) for $7 last week, so I guess that was OK...

I've always been more a reader and less a collector, so I'm starting my 1st edition collection late in the game.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
    I've always been more a reader and less a collector, so I'm starting my 1st edition collection late in the game.
    Beware, Crimson King, collecting IS addictive, and can be dangerous to your wallet!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That was me too CK--before all of this.

But the King collecting bug has bit me and now I have the cold shivers.

Be sure to check out [AUTOLINK]The King Collectibles Catalog[/AUTOLINK] for all kinds of great information.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most excellent stories..and congrat's to both of you. Just goes to show that there are still people that dont know who Richard Bachman is In the summer I am a big garage sale shopper...its amazing what you can pick up...just dont break out in cold sweat and shaking hands when you are paying for that treasure....
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I love garage sales/yard sales/flea markets for books. No matter what I find no matter how cheaply I must try to talk them down. It could be a true first edition of 'Salem's Lot for two dollars and I'd try to make it one dollar.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That is a good story...my two big breaks are a s/l author's copy of DT II for $50....it came without the slipcase, and I assumed it was a normal trade...when I cracked it and saw the signature, I was like "this doesn't seem right..." I actually went so far as to have Grant Books verify it!

And...I got a really, really good price on a New Lt. Rap #'d s/l...so low I couldn't pay it in good conscience - I told the guy I'd give him $100 MORE than his asking price! THAT is how low it was!

Actually, the DT II s/l is what got me into collecting signed books in the first place, so I guess I could say it actually me $30,000...haha...

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's going to be hard to try to become a real collector - with 2 very small kids at home, money isn't always in high supply.

I'd love to get 1st editions of all the DT series, so maybe I'll start there. I've been going a book at a time when I can, just to get the 1st ed's - I have a lot of King hardcovers, but most were picked up on the cheap throughout the years simply to read, so a lot are pretty beat up, or not true 1st's, etc.

Since getting the Rage book, I've bought first editions of Christine for $7, Danse Macabre for $15, and a couple of magazines, like Marvel Bizarre Adventures with The Lawnmower Man, the TV Guide with "Before The Play" in it, and a couple more.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We are having a HUGE site giveaway that includes some signed editions (and other collectors items) its a great way to start for those who donated a bit.

(Just $10.00 gets you in)

Giveaway List

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We are having a HUGE site giveaway that includes some signed editions (and other collectors items) its a great way to start for those who donated a bit.

Giveaway List
    Sweet, and for a good cause, too. I'm in.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That is a good story...my two big breaks are a s/l author's copy of DT II for $50....it came without the slipcase, and I assumed it was a normal trade...when I cracked it and saw the signature, I was like "this doesn't seem right..." I actually went so far as to have Grant Books verify it!

And...I got a really, really good price on a New Lt. Rap #'d s/l...so low I couldn't pay it in good conscience - I told the guy I'd give him $100 MORE than his asking price! THAT is how low it was!

Actually, the DT II s/l is what got me into collecting signed books in the first place, so I guess I could say it actually me $30,000...haha...
    On that Rap you bought, that is the one you have the envelope with, yes?
    I am missing the envelope but have the peace sign necklace. We need to join forces!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Giveaway List
    Sweet, and for a good cause, too. I'm in.
    Wow! Thanks Jesse

I believe that may be the quickest response I have ever gotten. I hope you win something really cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Me too!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

On that Rap you bought, that is the one you have the envelope with, yes?
    I am missing the envelope but have the peace sign necklace. We need to join forces!
    Haha...correct, I have an envelope but no necklace...how strange you'd actually have the necklace without the envelope...that's definitley the rarer item, but I guess all three are required for the complete package!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got the necklace also but no envelope. Oh, well. I figure one of these days...

John

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my Dark Tower and Crimson King #19 prints today and this little gift was sent with them.

I can't believe the Whelan's generosity, I am soooo lucky

Country
    Country Flag

Now that is very cool OY...Being a collector of the artist's also I am extremly jealous of you!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Oy. I'm also impressed!

John

Country
    Country Flag

OK here is my new addition to the collection

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=014

I think it was a great price......

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say that in today's market that is good buy.
    Congratulations.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's going to be hard to try to become a real collector - with 2 very small kids at home, money isn't always in high supply.

I'd love to get 1st editions of all the DT series, so maybe I'll start there. I've been going a book at a time when I can, just to get the 1st ed's - I have a lot of King hardcovers, but most were picked up on the cheap throughout the years simply to read, so a lot are pretty beat up, or not true 1st's, etc.

Since getting the Rage book, I've bought first editions of Christine for $7, Danse Macabre for $15, and a couple of magazines, like Marvel Bizarre Adventures with The Lawnmower Man, the TV Guide with "Before The Play" in it, and a couple more.

nice pic oy... congrads

crimson-
    keep in mind that once you start collecting... it can become worse than a heroin addiction.
    i know i have more invested in my book collection than i just paid for my new house.
    and my collection - though estensive- pales in comparison to people like bob ... the biggest addict i know of - there's definitely other teminally ill people here...hutch, wiz, etc... but bob definitely takes the most addicted award in my view.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really nice Oy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    but bob definitely takes the most addicted award in my view.
    But you are saying that in a NICE way.....right?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    but bob definitely takes the most addicted award in my view.
    But you are saying that in a NICE way.....right?
    nice... but jealous/envious way

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Very nice book cases, Needful. You seem to have the most common problem--no room left!

John
    Oh, the "no room left" problem's even worse now! Imagine those shelves even more full and books stacked on top.

Oh well...I'll just have to buy another house with a bigger room.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

well...I'll just have to buy another house with a bigger room.
    Your books will ALWAYS expand to more than the room you've allocated!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 579 1079 ... LastLast