Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 1276 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 32426

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't hardly been online the last two weeks - 10 days in Hawaii (pics to follow soon) and then I have been battling bronchitis the last three days. BUT, I had to get in here and at least tell the world that yesterday I got the one book that I have wanted the most for the longest time - actually been waiting for this book since I first heard about it in the inside cover of Pet Semetery (back in 1983 I think) when the publishers first listed The Dark Tower The Gunslinger as also written b\y Stephen King.

And now with many many thanks to David at Betts I am the proud owner of a First Edition Gunslinger

Once I feel better I plan on posting some pics and some vacation pics!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    And now with many many thanks to David at Betts I am the proud owner of a First Edition Gunslinger
    Congratulations, Bob! That new guy at Betts seems OK, doesn't he?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Bob. You must be very pleased.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Feels good, doesn't it?!

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Bob! I hope you start feeling well soon!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stare at your 1st Gunslinger long and I trust you'll be feeling better soon.

Spoiler:
    Seriously, feel better soon, dude!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks to all - and I hope to feel better soon- seems as thoughthe bronchitis might be migrating to strep throat :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well after weeks I finally managed to put it together. Found the traycase 3 weeks ago and the book 2 weeks ago. Next week I will order the prints from betts. I am as excited about this one as I was finally getting The Stand a couple weeks ago.

Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Lenny, on pulling it all together! The number of complete sets of all three items (book, traycase, artwork) is limited.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats great Lenny i do really love Salem's Lot! anyway i know this isn't techniquely a book but im very proud of it! Im a massive Derby County Football Club fan (the club come a close 2nd behind my girlfriend for if she reads this ) and the club has a rich, proud history, 1 of which was winning the FA cup the first time it was contested after World War 2 in 1946!

When cleaning out some stuff after my grandad passed away i found a programme from the semi-final of Derby County v Birmingham City which i showed to my gran and she gave me some cool news ... that she knew 1 of the 2 surviving members of the Derby County squad that won the trophy! So she took the programme off me and said i could have it back in a few weeks, so time went by and i visited my gran to find that i had some cool presents waiting for me ...

The programme signed by Jimmy Bullions with a photo and classic Derby County shirt signed too ...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is sooooooooo cool.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's incredible awesome!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lenny. Tito. Great buys!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Some great acquisitions above, and over the last dozen or so pages, but I think the coolest has to be Tito's. Something like that is SO rare, so irreplaceable, it has to be up there with Lettered Firestarters. Nice one gran
    (Now your Holy Grail is a programme from the Final)
    Calla Wolf

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Some great acquisitions above, and over the last dozen or so pages, but I think the coolest has to be Tito's. Something like that is SO rare, so irreplaceable, it has to be up there with Lettered Firestarters. Nice one gran
    (Now your Holy Grail is a programme from the Final)
    Haha thats it, im trying to track one down so i can possibly get that signed too ... not an easy thing though as programmes weren't made very well back then!

My Mood
    Buzzed

Tito
    Click Here <----- What your current investment might be worth
    Click Here <----- I thought this was pretty cool
    Click Here <----- This is also pretty cool
    Click Here <----- Part 1 of your Grail
    Click Here <----- And here's the big one

That was fun
    Calla Wolf

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Tito
    Click Here <----- What your current investment might be worth
    Click Here <----- I thought this was pretty cool
    Click Here <----- This is also pretty cool
    Click Here <----- Part 1 of your Grail
    Click Here <----- And here's the big one

That was fun
    Wow thanks for that, i think i will defo go for the poster and the ticket, but the final programme will have to wait for a little while at that price ... i saw one auctioned off a few months ago and it went for around Ł250 so itsnot that much more expensive! Thanks again!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tito that seriously freakin' awsome. Congrats!!!
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't hardly been online the last two weeks - 10 days in Hawaii (pics to follow soon) and then I have been battling bronchitis the last three days. BUT, I had to get in here and at least tell the world that yesterday I got the one book that I have wanted the most for the longest time - actually been waiting for this book since I first heard about it in the inside cover of Pet Semetery (back in 1983 I think) when the publishers first listed The Dark Tower The Gunslinger as also written by Stephen King.

I can't tell you how good I feel that I helped a fellow collector get one of his/her holy grails. Bob, I am so so happy for you. Congrats!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lenny-

Thanks for the pre-order of the prints! And gongrats of putting the set together piece meal. Very satisfying!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I can't tell you how good I feel that I helped a fellow collector get one of his/her holy grails. Bob, I am so so happy for you. Congrats!
    Dave - I imagine the whole selling experience is far more satisfying for you than it was for Stu (apologies to him if I'm wrong). Especially if it's to someone from this community.
    Calla Wolf

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Must also be frustrating in some ways...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Must also be frustrating in some ways...
    Frustration AND pleasure....

Hmmmm, what does this remind me of ?

Oh yeah, supporting the Welsh rugby team
    Calla Wolf

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Bob - congrats on your first edition Gunslinger. Looking forward to photos. Hope you're feeling better.

Can I just say? I just love this thread. It's so cool seeing all the awesome stuff everyone is adding to their collections.

Well done, my friends, and congrats.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not going to post a pic since I don't have one handy and you've all seen them already, but I got a copy of the Blockade Billy galley yesterday (the regular one, not the white one). YAY!
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 776 1276 ... LastLast