Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1204 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 204 704 1104 1154 1194 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1214 1254 ... LastLast
Results 30,076 to 30,100 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, to touch that cloth...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Thanks, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice bookpress! Loved it!

Congrats, Kingfan for the Morrel book as well!
    Ari - I'd love to hear more about what it's like to get the proofs when you can share. Like for instance I believe that you got two proofs in this case, one substantially earlier than the other, and that you were prohibited from talking about. I'm just generally curious what it's like to be on the proof list for such a high profile author! This probably isn't the right thread for it but it's super interesting to me.
    It's pretty easy: I've been in contact with publishers for 14 years already, and the fact that I manage all the SK social channels for Penguin Random House (Spain, all Spanish speaking countries and Spanish speakers in USA) plus being an author for Penguin made all the process smooth. 14 years ago I was knocking on doors and nowadays it's my bell the one that rangs.

I'm counting the days until I get the call from Warner about watching a certain movie.
    Neat! Thanks for sharing

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Idea: Would people like a thread that is for collectors to show off their pride and joy as opposed to dealers/sellers that post a beautiful book and post it for sell minutes later. I love seeing what collectors are adding to their collection as a true "pride and joy" and happy for them. But do not really get excited about books that are bought to be flipped for profit. By definition they are not really a new pride and joy.

Only one that feels this way?

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Idea: Would people like a thread that is for collectors to show off their pride and joy as opposed to dealers/sellers that post a beautiful book and post it for sell minutes later. I love seeing what collectors are adding to their collection as a true "pride and joy" and happy for them. But do not really get excited about books that are bought to be flipped for profit. By definition they are not really a new pride and joy.

This very thread is for collectors to show off their new purchases.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post

I can tell this is directed at me. You might notice I don't post everything here I list. I am a book seller and, since it's a business, I look to make a profit off what I sell.

Also, and this is independent of that, I am a collector and enjoy quite a bit of what I buy. Posting in this list without a price would be the point of that.

So, if you're mad that someone would post here and then have it listed online then perhaps try to realize that things are more complicated than "flipping". Regarding this Misery I have it listed so high it would be almost impossible to sell. It is, however, good to have things like that to bring people to the store for marketing.

If people have a problem with someone being a bookseller and posting pictures of something they are still willing to sell I think this thread would be a lot more barren.

Maybe a thread called "Pictures of books that will never be for sale again" would be good for you.
    Nope. Was not directed at you.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

This very thread is for collectors to show off their new purchases.
    Agree completely. Hence pride and joy.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't post on this thread anymore.
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff Ari
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great stuff Ari. Nice 11/22/63

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've wanted one of these for a loooooooong time. Huge shoutout to Merlin1958 for setting everything up

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Kongo
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    I've wanted one of these for a loooooooong time. Huge shoutout to Merlin1958 for setting everything up
    Congrats ! Such a nicely done book right? Love the bold dust jacket and slip! Always a nice feeling after a long search.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats ! Such a nicely done book right? Love the bold dust jacket and slip! Always a nice feeling after a long search.

Thanks Garrell and kingfan!

I just finished looking at the art in the book, and I'm really impressed. I also love the shade of red they went with. Like you said, it's a good feeling we collectors get after a long search complete. On to the next special edition!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Garrell and kingfan!

I just finished looking at the art in the book, and I'm really impressed. I also love the shade of red they went with. Like you said, it's a good feeling we collectors get after a long search complete. On to the next special edition!
    For good and bad the search never really fuckin' ends does it? Ha! Love it!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Your New Pride and Joy!

Big thanks to Merlin1958 and Dolso for the amazing case to protect my inscribed DZ! Seemed fitting for Peter Schneider to be in a wooden box!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful early inscription!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice case and awesome Dead Zone
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93 is just really nice Fitzy93's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Beautiful early inscription!
    Thanks! Love those 70’s inscriptions!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Very nice case and awesome Dead Zone
    Thanks! Been wanting one and felt fitting for my Dead Zone!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great adds Ari, Kongo, and Fitzy! This thread is a chocolatey river of King beauty...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

WOW. Some really great King goodness going on in here.

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It kick started my collecting snowball, got a pristine Easton Press signed copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for $30
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    It kick started my collecting snowball, got a pristine Easton Press signed copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for $30
    Nice deal! Great you're collecting experience started so well!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was inspired by what RF found earlier, and Knightmare picked up on eBay. Checking out Half Price Books tonight, I found this for $6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1204 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 204 704 1104 1154 1194 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1214 1254 ... LastLast