Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 539 1039 ... LastLast

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The weak dollar makes this title unappealing to me. I just can't justify $750 for King's signature.
    Justification has nothing to do with it. This is COLLECTING we're talking about, son!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The weak dollar makes this title unappealing to me. I just can't justify $750 for King's signature.
    Justification has nothing to do with it. This is COLLECTING we're talking about, son!
    Haha...yeah, I'm not sure what the "weak dollar" has to do with it...

It's a neat idea for a book, but the King signature just because of an introduction is a bit of a money grab. I'm not sure Bradbury books have been great investments - but I know we're talking about collecting...and I don't collect Bradbury...

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

after reading Carlos' post i went straight to the PS website to order."Christ" i said $750.the Bradbury edition is going for $100.i was expecting $250-$300 for the King/Bradbury edition.i hate to say it (this from a guy who bought the Tom Gordon Limited with gritted teeth) but i just cant pay $750 for a King sig.im going to turn off the light now and sit in the dark!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    after reading Carlos' post i went straight to the PS website to order."Christ" i said $750.the Bradbury edition is going for $100.i was expecting $250-$300 for the King/Bradbury edition.i hate to say it (this from a guy who bought the Tom Gordon Limited with gritted teeth) but i just cant pay $750 for a King sig.im going to turn off the light now and sit in the dark!
    I agree....and, there's 100 copies of the King/Bradbury edition...that's obviously not a lot, but for that price it's also not that unique. Maybe at 25 copies it becomes a more price-appropritate "lettered" edition. But, who knows, maybe the production values will be really good.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a recent announcement. It has been listed on their website for quite a while. I paid for my copies in April, 2006. The price has gone up quite a bit in the past two years. I agree that $750 is a lot.

This isn't a recent announcement. It has been listed on their website for quite a while. I paid for my copies in April, 2006. The price has gone up quite a bit in the past two years. I agree that $750 is a lot.
    Ah, that changes things...I don't have a problem with them raising the price as an edition sells through...

What did you pay when you bought it? (and...what's with the 2-year wait??)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

What did you pay when you bought it? (and...what's with the 2-year wait??)

I'm not sure why the book was delayed. Typical small press problems, I guess.

I don't think they had decided on a price when I paid back in 2006. Pete just guessed at what he thought the price would be and I said "OK" and paid it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The weak dollar has to do with the book is essentially double in price to anyone fom the US, particularly when comopared to two years ago for the Pound. Dollar exchange,

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, I should have ordered one to match my S/L of Farewell Summer. Probably won't be easy or cheap to find a matching #2 on the secondary market.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

about the PS Publishing book, from their website :

The deluxe slipcased ($750.00 approx.) edition is signed by both Ray Bradbury and Stephen King. This edition also includes a second book: Summer Morning, Summer Night, featuring all the other Greentown, Illinois stories... some of which are previously unpublished.

N.B.This PS Publishing deluxe edition of the classic novel by science fiction grand master Ray Bradbury, with an all-new introductiom by Stephen King, includes an additional volume - Summer Morning, Summer Night, edited by Donn Albright and Jon Eller - of all the other Greentown stories, both published and unpublished.

It's not only signed by both..

The weak dollar has to do with the book is essentially double in price to anyone fom the US, particularly when comopared to two years ago for the Pound. Dollar exchange,
    Yeah, I guess I get that...I suppose if one had speculated in English currency a couple years back, you could now get it at a better price.

At anything above $500 US, I think it's still overpriced for a King-only collector...but it does have the extra content that's been pointed out, and for a Bradbury collector it would be a good item.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

This is not a King related item, but I was over a my parent's house today and my mom gave me a Brer Rabbit album with an 11 page story illustration. I found a listing on Ebay for it, and although not worth much it's worth a lot to me as my mom used to put this on for us as kids to listen to. She also gave me a Snow White album with illustrations as well, but Brer Rabbit has always been my favorite!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The PS Publishing books arrived today. I got copy number 2. Thanks Bob for letting us know about this.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! I love Ray Bradbury. Dandelion Wine and Something Wicked This Way Comes are my favourite books of his.
    Very nice books there Mr Rabbit Trick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The PS Publishing books arrived today. I got copy number 2. Thanks Bob for letting us know about this.
    Wow! Copy #2! I wonder what number I will get (considering I paid for mine nearly 2 years ago)? Probaby something in the high 90's.

Traveler meggmopp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Dang, I love this thread! I've drooled all over my keyboard.
    I've been a fan of uncle Steve's since he came out with Carrie, and this year my sister gave my this for Christmas.
    Shine on - you crazy diamond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty nice!
    What's inside?

Traveler meggmopp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Just the cover.
    s'ok though, makes it easier to frame.
    Shine on - you crazy diamond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations and welcome to our little Corner.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Very nice.
    I ordered the basic slipcased version and should be getting a matching number for some of my other Bradbury books.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Umney's Last Case

Latest edition to my collection. The picture shows the UK & US release of Umney's Last Case. The slipcase box behind the books is the limited edition set from BlackWell's Bookshop in the UK that houses Umney's Last Case along with 9 other authors.

Cool find.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Latest edition to my collection. The picture shows the UK & US release of Umney's Last Case. The slipcase box behind the books is the limited edition set from BlackWell's Bookshop in the UK that houses Umney's Last Case along with 9 other authors.

Cool find.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it is. I didn't even know there was a UK version of that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For a long time, the UK version was on my "most wanted" list--it was almost impossible to find. Then, all of a sudden, I got a very nice copy for a very expensive price. After that, of course, they started showing up more and more frequently. What I paid for that one copy then would probably buy the entire packaged set today!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 539 1039 ... LastLast