Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1266 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 266 766 1166 1216 1256 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1276 ... LastLast
Results 31,626 to 31,650 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dumb question but... with those kind of remarques : how do collector put it in their collection? And to highlight that this is not just a "basic" book, meaning, the same edition but with additional artwork?
    Closed but with a bookmark? Left open? Other options?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That remarque is wicked! One of the best I have ever seen. Congratulations!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing ARC! Congratulations on owning 3 of them, Frank.

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Insomnia and a great 20th Century Ghosts! Congratulations!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superb remarque on The Gunslinger, Kris!

John

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I wanted to take a minute and thank Jerome for helping me with this book. I always wanted a flatsigned Slinger. When we were In Florida together.. RF scored his slinger signed. Years later he asked if I wanted a chance at it. For a awesome deal from my friend? HELL YES. For 8 years I’ve wanted a Whelan remarque. He won’t do them anymore.... when I bought OUTSIDE ELURIA from him, I asked if he would consider doing one for me. Over a year ago I sent him the book I got from RF. Today.... it came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THEEEE BEST I have EVER seen! Congrats, Kris.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris - that is just stunning. Kudos to you!

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm often driven to uncontrollable levels of envy in this thread, but I'm way beyond envy now. This has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Man oh man.

That remarque is just insane! Congratulations!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    I'm often driven to uncontrollable levels of envy in this thread, but I'm way beyond envy now. This has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Man oh man.
    ^^^^^That!!!!!!! Unbelievable cool

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Kris !!
    Stunning remarque, absolutely without a doubt the best I’ve seen.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Congrats, Brian!
    Thanks, Bryan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Great Insomnia and a great 20th Century Ghosts! Congratulations!

John
    Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Congratulations Kris !!
    No doubt! A true treasure, Kris.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congratulations Kris !!
    Indeed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congratulations Kris !!
    Indeed.
    Absolutely incredible!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Dumb question but... with those kind of remarques : how do collector put it in their collection? And to highlight that this is not just a "basic" book, meaning, the same edition but with additional artwork?
    Closed but with a bookmark? Left open? Other options?
    Glad you asked!! I use those sheets of round colored stickers which I place discreetly on the spine AFTER the brodart has gone on the book. Red for signed editions, Yellow for those with a remarque, green for "special editions" (like the "Thinner" with belly band) and so on. Works pretty good after you painstakingly go through your entire collection book by book. But once you've accomplished that task it's easy to keep it up for new acquisitions. I NEVER place a sticker on the actual book or DJ. Only on the cover or sometimes the slipcase underneath where it sits on the shelf covered. Then you just have to pick up the book and look to see what you have by consulting my master for the coding system. Naturally, you can make up your own personalized system for your collection. Works pretty well, especially when my kids are perusing the collection and asking questions. It'll also work pretty well when they have to deal with the collection after I'm gone. Sort of reduces the need for a spread sheet inventory of the books. Not that that is still a good idea to have (as I do) as a "Master" so to speak. I just find that I'm more up to date with the color code then updating the spread sheet. That I only do every couple of months. Works for me anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an interesting system, thanks for sharing.
    Years ago, probably 5-10, I got a few "signed" stickers to put on books. For my signed copies (not only King).

But once I moved, I couldnt find those stickers and couldnt be bothered because I have too many signed books from some other authors. So mostly, if someone doesnt open the book to check, they wont necessarily know. Besides my excel spreadsheet, of which I printed a version in september and put in my "will" folder. In case I was to pass. So that my wife or someone else has an idea of books / values / who to contact

So does that mean that, with your system you put brodart covers on each book?
    Makes sense not to put the sticker directly in the book. But that must be time consuming. For a start. And each time you recieve books
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

late to the party, but what a pleasure seeing that Slinger remarque! congrats, kris
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That's an interesting system, thanks for sharing.
    Years ago, probably 5-10, I got a few "signed" stickers to put on books. For my signed copies (not only King).

But once I moved, I couldnt find those stickers and couldnt be bothered because I have too many signed books from some other authors. So mostly, if someone doesnt open the book to check, they wont necessarily know. Besides my excel spreadsheet, of which I printed a version in september and put in my "will" folder. In case I was to pass. So that my wife or someone else has an idea of books / values / who to contact

So does that mean that, with your system you put brodart covers on each book?
    Makes sense not to put the sticker directly in the book. But that must be time consuming. For a start. And each time you recieve books
    It was a bit time consuming when I went back through my collection to put the stickers on the first time, but after that it's no big deal to stay current. Stickers stick nicely to the brodart covers and I cover just about all my books. Except for oversize and S/L which stand out anyway as something "Special".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I Brodart almost every book and I do do put "signed" stickers on them. I also catalogue them in an app called CLZ Books.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I know anything I put will pale in comparison, but here are my most recent gets
    First LTROI AE

Now FDNS numbered with a re-marque

More pics in my thread.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I also catalogue them in an app called CLZ Books.
    Do they charge you? It looks like that costs $14.99 per year?

Edit: The app says it's $14.99 per year or $1.49 per month.

You apparently find it worth the price.

I'm not sure I want to pay that for the rest of my collecting life.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I am ok with the fee. I do need to put it all in an Excel file at some point.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I am ok with the fee. I do need to put it all in an Excel file at some point.
    So overall you're very happy with that program, right? I'm thinking I may go for the PC version at $30 a year with the cloud back up. I just finished a large step in configuring my home library and I have to say it's coming out better than I thought it would. Still waiting for a new bookcase to arrive, a lamp, charging cable and have to procure a nice leather wingback chair and overhead lamp, but what I had has all been moved to the new larger room and configured perfectly.

Next step will be to review and update and finally catalogue on paper/program my entire collection for posterity's sake and my children. That way when I go to that library in the sky they'll be able to easily ID everything I have and then either maintain and add or sell it off. I'm really, really happy with the new digs and can't wait to get started!!! I think if you give it your blessing I'm gonna give this program a go. $30 ayear seems very reasonable (less than $3 bucks a month) and as long as they have staying power it seems like a no brainer. They provide ample room for notes to designate signatures, AE's, Remarques and special editions? Will the program find ALL ISBN's? Even limited and artist editions as well as multiple publishers so that I can viably utilize the book cover template? How is it to navigate? Simple?

I would greatly appreciate any input reccomendations you can provide, Garrell!!!! Feel free to put it in a PM so we don't bore the multitudes!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1266 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 266 766 1166 1216 1256 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1276 ... LastLast