Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1238 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 238 738 1138 1188 1228 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1248 1288 ... LastLast
Results 30,926 to 30,950 of 32417

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For comparison, I received my signed Grisham from a bookstore in VA yesterday. They shipped it via UPS Monday and it came yesterday. Though it was in the same padded envelope as If It Bleeds, the bookstore reinforced it with cardboard, rubber bands, and put extra paper inside for padding.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good morning (not anymore). I slept well...but not long enough. I’m sorry this is later than I promised. It was difficult to write while researching and balancing work-related issues. To those who PMed me, I will respond in kind.

I hope that the moderators would move this discussion to the Random Thoughts thread because it does take away from the fact that Kris Webster is, to my knowledge, 1 of only 9 people in the world with this SK book. And probably 1 of only 5 true "collector-first" owners. For that, I congratulate you, Kris. The inscription is superb, too! It’s unfortunate that you took the pictures off site.

I hinted at my feelings of the acquisition last night. I'll expand on that in a bit. I mentioned that some things just did not jibe for me. Here is a big one. It was stated that this book had been on ABE for the longest time. It is very possible that that was what was said to Kris, but I can't believe it. I have been searching ABE and many other locations for another Fine/Fine signed copy of The Shining (US) for at least the last 4 years. I routinely aggregate and sort my searches from highest-to-lowest price knowing that a copy will not be cheap. So, unless my vision suddenly morphed into Stevie Wonder's or the late Helen Keller's, I never saw an advertisement for this singular book on ABE. Weekly, at worst. Bob Jackson combs through ABE looking for gems, as do many other collectors. Did we collectively miss this? While he or I or anyone may have balked at a $4K price for The Shining prior to last May, the floodgates opened up when Tony and Kim purchased the 6 books from Sub Press and then sold 4 of them for $12.5K cash. Since last May, the market dictated the bottom price of this book to be ~$12.5K. Had I seen it within the last 12 months, you damned sure know that I would have contacted the seller to find out what's up with the book because it is priced so far below the recent sales price. So, I have reservations about the claim (made by the seller implicitly or explicitly) that this has been on ABE for a long time.

The second thing that I question is that the seller has sold 1,000s of books so he should have automatically known the rarity of the book. While it may be true that he sold 1,000s of books, the implication is that he sold 1,000s of SK books. If the latter is true, the seller would be akin to Stu or David from Betts Books or a Lloyd Currey/John Knott. But I certainly did not see any seller of SK prominence selling high-end signed copies of The Shining on ABE over the last year – or the last few years for that matter. But, if the seller was just an occasional SK seller and a seller of many other authors or genres, I agree that the 1,000s-books-sold statement could be accurate. And, if that’s the case, I could easily envision a scenario where such a seller described above would not have been privy to the Camelot/Sub Press sale or the follow-on $12.5K sales in the way most of us are.

The next thing I didn’t understand was how the inscription date (2014) implied that this book has been on sale for numerous years, as was intimated earlier in the thread above. How would that date in-and-of-itself prove how long that the book has been on ABE? My GUESS is that Bill Schafer gifted #s I-IV to SK-related people for their pleasure/use/disposal, etc. King inscribed # I and re-gifted the book to Bill Schafer after the inscription thanking him for all of the support over the years and for the future proceeds of The Shining auctions going to The Haven Foundation. I have no guess where it went after that or why it went anywhere, for that matter.

My opinion on this is clear and it is consistent with the way I deal with people always. This is MY opinion only.

I congratulate you, Kris, for obtaining an outstanding book! Rejoice that you own a book that few will ever touch. But it was a private transaction and it should have stayed private until/unless the seller wanted to share the details. Please don’t tell the world that you got the deal of a lifetime, though, because no sane person in this day and time would eschew $9K if he/she had all the facts in front of them. It may not be your or my responsibility to educate everyone, every time. But I would hope that, as a fellow human being, you would educate me if I did not have all the facts needed to make an informed decision, as I would for you.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Good morning (not anymore). I slept well...but not long enough. I’m sorry this is later than I promised. It was difficult to write while researching and balancing work-related issues. To those who PMed me, I will respond in kind.

I hope that the moderators would move this discussion to the Random Thoughts thread because it does take away from the fact that Kris Webster is, to my knowledge, 1 of only 9 people in the world with this SK book. And probably 1 of only 5 true "collector-first" owners. For that, I congratulate you, Kris. The inscription is superb, too! It’s unfortunate that you took the pictures off site.

I hinted at my feelings of the acquisition last night. I'll expand on that in a bit. I mentioned that some things just did not jibe for me. Here is a big one. It was stated that this book had been on ABE for the longest time. It is very possible that that was what was said to Kris, but I can't believe it. I have been searching ABE and many other locations for another Fine/Fine signed copy of The Shining (US) for at least the last 4 years. I routinely aggregate and sort my searches from highest-to-lowest price knowing that a copy will not be cheap. So, unless my vision suddenly morphed into Stevie Wonder's or the late Helen Keller's, I never saw an advertisement for this singular book on ABE. Weekly, at worst. Bob Jackson combs through ABE looking for gems, as do many other collectors. Did we collectively miss this? While he or I or anyone may have balked at a $4K price for The Shining prior to last May, the floodgates opened up when Tony and Kim purchased the 6 books from Sub Press and then sold 4 of them for $12.5K cash. Since last May, the market dictated the bottom price of this book to be ~$12.5K. Had I seen it within the last 12 months, you damned sure know that I would have contacted the seller to find out what's up with the book because it is priced so far below the recent sales price. So, I have reservations about the claim (made by the seller implicitly or explicitly) that this has been on ABE for a long time.

The second thing that I question is that the seller has sold 1,000s of books so he should have automatically known the rarity of the book. While it may be true that he sold 1,000s of books, the implication is that he sold 1,000s of SK books. If the latter is true, the seller would be akin to Stu or David from Betts Books or a Lloyd Currey/John Knott. But I certainly did not see any seller of SK prominence selling high-end signed copies of The Shining on ABE over the last year – or the last few years for that matter. But, if the seller was just an occasional SK seller and a seller of many other authors or genres, I agree that the 1,000s-books-sold statement could be accurate. And, if that’s the case, I could easily envision a scenario where such a seller described above would not have been privy to the Camelot/Sub Press sale or the follow-on $12.5K sales in the way most of us are.

The next thing I didn’t understand was how the inscription date (2014) implied that this book has been on sale for numerous years, as was intimated earlier in the thread above. How would that date in-and-of-itself prove how long that the book has been on ABE? My GUESS is that Bill Schafer gifted #s I-IV to SK-related people for their pleasure/use/disposal, etc. King inscribed # I and re-gifted the book to Bill Schafer after the inscription thanking him for all of the support over the years and for the future proceeds of The Shining auctions going to The Haven Foundation. I have no guess where it went after that or why it went anywhere, for that matter.

My opinion on this is clear and it is consistent with the way I deal with people always. This is MY opinion only.

I congratulate you, Kris, for obtaining an outstanding book! Rejoice that you own a book that few will ever touch. But it was a private transaction and it should have stayed private until/unless the seller wanted to share the details. Please don’t tell the world that you got the deal of a lifetime, though, because no sane person in this day and time would eschew $9K if he/she had all the facts in front of them. It may not be your or my responsibility to educate everyone, every time. But I would hope that, as a fellow human being, you would educate me if I did not have all the facts needed to make an informed decision, as I would for you.

John
    Hey John, for sure I can share the info I know. First, allow me to respond to your first post. You mentioned David.... I immediately bought that book (Salems Lot) when listed. I had known from the FB group that some were signed. I then asked David (in the same email asking to buy it for $950) if it was a signed one or not. He got back to me and said it was signed and the price would change. David is my friend and I owe him a lot. I do not know this seller... For all I know he could be ripping me off. He asked me for F&F when I made him an offer on the first book. I made a leap... paying for both books and having to use a CC for some so I was scared. REAL scared but risk VS reward was my thought process.....and it turned out ok. I respect your opinion (because done respectively) and will respond to all info I have for you and others. The seller has a store on there with A LARGE amount of titles. I mean WOW.. there is a lot. 1000's. He does NOT just sell King. In fact, he hardly had much to look at. I asked him where the book came from and he told me he couldn't recall which led me to believe he had it for some time. I asked if it was Bill from Subpress and he said that is not where he got it but couldn't remember the last guys name. His ad (seen by other members in the past as they were shocked that I got it and what it was) was labeled horribly. I passed over it as it looked like a signed gift edition for an outrageous sum but I asked for pics.... why the hell not right? I mean the title of his ad flat out said "The Shining Gift Edition".. that is it and maybe Subpress's name as the maker... but nothing more in the title. Just that and a crazy price. Clicking on it brought a bit more info.. but not much other than it was signed and leather bound. Before I had gotten the pics, he said he would do a deal on that as I bought another signed title from him. The funny thing is... he wanted over value for that first title and I overpaid a bit to get it.... I will keep that to myself as this whole thing has sucked a bit of the fun and excitement out of this for me. I won't lie. I digress.... I can ask him how long it has been in his possession and get a good idea of date. Someone that sells the vast amount he does... is surely not shady in anyway. I cannot see it. He was nothing but a gent to deal with. I trusted him enough to pay him a LOT of $ with no protection. Again, it turned out ok. I also will not share our correspondence publicly BUT have no issues showing you in private John. No issues at all if you so desire. Send me a PM if you would like...

I can only guess he didn't know what he had. Maybe he did and just wanted a respectable profit and no more. I ask why he didnt have pics of that but a common Outsider he did. I am sure he bought this title for X amount and sold it making himself some profit. He would have on both titles that I got off him. He was happy. I was happy. You also mention the inscription date.... about 6/7 years ago. I cannot guess the back story. Your thoughts are prob bang on....I mean we had NO idea about these until the Camelot announcement. Whether he meant he had it for years, or the guy he got it from did... I cannot say for sure. I asked him some more info today and it was basically what I already gleamed from him.

The majority seem to be ok with getting this deal. In fact, showed genuine happiness for me. If I hadn't said "sure send the pics".... someone in time would have and it may have been someone else showing this. Maybe even someone that isn't going to treasure it like I am. My biggest folly here (I think) was sharing the story. My excitement and passion for this collecting thing sometimes gets the better of me and I wanted to share with my King friends who share this EXACT passion. What is more exciting than this find and the deal that was had? That was (for me) my only mistake. I do not regret buying the book the way it did. I didn't do anything underhanded. I simple bought something put in front of me. You hear stories all the time of people paying "too much" for something. BUT if they are happy, the seller is happy.... I just cannot see the harm. Many of us have overpaid VFB for titles. They paid and were happy. Is that not what matters?

Lastly, He has over 10000 books on ABE. No Shit. Who's job is it to tell him what everyone is worth? I don't know him. I have no connection to him other than this one transaction. Like David, YOU are my friend. And I would tell you what you had... just like you did to the proof guy. I would tell anyone that was in the community and/or was a pal. Stephen King collectors are like family and I come to share big things in my life (loss of job, my puppy sick, a mass murder in my home town, etc) because the majority of you care. Some do not, and thats ok, you cannot be friends with everyone, although I sometimes wonder why not here... we ALL LOVE THE SAME THING. I hope this info helps your understanding of this and thanks again to you (and others) for the kind words. I have not stopped holding it and staring at it... I never. EVER.... thought I would own a copy. Cheers to everyone here, kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

As a relative newcomer to this community after lurking all I can offer is that it might appear to some people that your "humble" brags Kris come across more as look at me I need attention and I'm better than you brags. It's a matter of perception perhaps. It might not be what you mean but to some it might come across that way. It might just be your excitement of the hobby sometimes gets lost in translation. I'm not in the high end, rare King collector circles, hell I'm not in the know enough to snag the signed If It Bleeds, and I enjoy seeing books I'll never see in person. That said, sometimes some of the collectors here seem to get a little superiority complex from time to time.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

A good discussion, but can we get back to seeing people in their PJs? I mean, seeing people's P&Js?

Anyone have something new to show off?

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    A good discussion, but can we get back to seeing people in their PJs? I mean, seeing people's P&Js?

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    Not King related but I just received an Val Kilmer autographed copy of his autobiography I'm Your Huckleberry.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    My take... I paid $30 for a signed King book (which I am still waiting to be delivered, but I digress). Even if that book has a bumped corner or two, it’s going to end up in a slipcase, put on my shelf, and I will eventually forget about any flaws. In the end, I still paid an unreal $30 for a signed King book!
    EXACTLY.....I do not have my book yet either but this is exactly what I plan to do.
    I DID finally get my book today (opened in garage as I quarantine all mail for 24 hours)...it came only in a padded mailer....a bumped corner...I'd rate my copy NF+/NF+

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    Not King related but I just received an Val Kilmer autographed copy of his autobiography I'm Your Huckleberry.
    His signature look cool?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    This isn’t new to me, but it represents the one time I met King and asked him a question. During the Bag of Bones book tour. Slipcases by Jeff Whiley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Two new arrivals from the UK, thanks to Andy. Not signed, not limited, but much appreciated!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    This isn’t new to me, but it represents the one time I met King and asked him a question. During the Bag of Bones book tour. Slipcases by Jeff Whiley.

Something special. White case and book look sharp together.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Two new arrivals from the UK, thanks to Andy. Not signed, not limited, but much appreciated!

HBJ
    Why is Michael Jackson doing his toe stand on the UK cover?

HBJ,
    in his PJs.

That's great, Jeff! What a nice memento of a memorable memory. Thanks for posting!

Are both copies from that signing, or did you come by the other another way?

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    That's great, Jeff! What a nice memento of a memorable memory. Thanks for posting!

Are both copies from that signing, or did you come by the other another way?

HBJ
    They were both from that signing. I went with my girlfriend who got the tickets and surprised me. So one is mine and one is hers. I married her. Obviously.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kris,

Thanks for your post above, your purchase unsettled me because of the sheer size of the saving made due to sellers error, and it’s not my business, but (you) being a major player in this community, are very visible and shapes a lot of activity here, and however you dress it, $12,000 mismatch, to most is a massive amount of money. Great saving, great loss.

And my point is, your actions are very much in the public, and most have the same view as you, so all good I suppose.

My questions were mainly answered above, but I have a couple if ok, respectably asked is my intention.

I think you answered the question above but I was going to ask, if it were a seller here, would you have still made the deal?

How would you feel if, in the very unlikely event you sold a book undervalued by $12k how would you feel?

Last one for me, I think you answered above but, you are still in contact with the guy, all friendly by the sound of it, but are you looking for further bargains from him?

Again respectably asked and you don’t need to answer if you don’t want to.

I love the book itself, it’s amazing.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    His signature look cool?

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

HBJ,
    in his PJs.

Jeff are they both signed and if so can you share a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post

HBJ
    Why is Michael Jackson doing his toe stand on the UK cover?
    That was my first thought when I saw the UK cover, too.

Ilium (Simmons)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice everyone! Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Kris,

Thanks for your post above, your purchase unsettled me because of the sheer size of the saving made due to sellers error, and it’s not my business, but (you) being a major player in this community, are very visible and shapes a lot of activity here, and however you dress it, $12,000 mismatch, to most is a massive amount of money. Great saving, great loss.

And my point is, your actions are very much in the public, and most have the same view as you, so all good I suppose.

My questions were mainly answered above, but I have a couple if ok, respectably asked is my intention.

I think you answered the question above but I was going to ask, if it were a seller here, would you have still made the deal?

How would you feel if, in the very unlikely event you sold a book undervalued by $12k how would you feel?

Last one for me, I think you answered above but, you are still in contact with the guy, all friendly by the sound of it, but are you looking for further bargains from him?

We need to move along to new P&J's. I would ask that any specific questions and or answers be handled via PM.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry RF,

Kris, ignore, but hope not offended.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Kris,

We need to move along to new P&J's. I would ask that any specific questions and or answers be handled via PM.
    Agreed. I’ve said my piece. I’ll speak no more on the subject.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ,
    in his PJs.
    Jeff are they both signed and if so can you share a pic?
    Yep both are signed. And I have the tickets with each book. Numbers 194 and 195.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recieved something I was looking for YEARS and never expected to find. Because it's an obscure fanzine type / publications, and because there are only 5 copies of it.

What is it?
    Nothing fancy : in the 90s, a french guy created some bootleg copies of some books, only in an handful copies for his friend.
    He made literally photocopies of the french publications of The Gunslinger in the french equivalent of the mag of Science Fiction and put them together.
    There are only 5 copies, and I know of another copy in the hands of my friend, which told me about it about 15 years ago.

Oh, and I got it at a reasonable price.
    Last year, I once had an alert about it, twice as expensive. Contacted the seller, which apologised cause told me he didnt have it anymore since YEARS and abebooks had a technical glitch showing for sale hundreds if not thousands of products that were sold years ago.

Long story short.
    I accidentallly came accross those last week, jumped on it. Waited impatiently the seller to confirm the sale, sending it and I was expecting it to get lost during shipping.

But finally... voila !

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1238 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 238 738 1138 1188 1228 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1248 1288 ... LastLast