Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 1056 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Man...I think I am going to send all my stuff I want to sell on ebay to you to get photographed!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

I actually have worked pretty hard in the past couple of years on my photos.
    Any tips you could provide for those of us (like me) who wish our pictures would come out better would be greatly appreciated. I'm never very happy with mine. I agree with the others, your photo of CHRISTINE is really good.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a great thread for the tutorial forum
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a repost. I posted this over on the Horror mall forums yesterday (oddly enough). Anyway I don't do anything fancy, I just take the photos on a table where I place the book.

To get the best pictures take them in the daytime in a lighted room. Do not place the books under a ceiling light or have the book's face facing a table lamp. Shoot the pictures without the flash. This will give you the closest representation to a scan. Also when I get it into Photoshop all I do is click on Auto Adjust Contrast, and that'll brighten it up without changing the colors (this is why the Christine photo looks all bright).

This picture is small, but I did take it yesterday. It's the Absolute Sandman v1 slipcase, which is very glossy and is just about impossible to photograph without getting a reflection from somewhere, but with the steps stated above it worked out great. The slipcase is way too big to scan, but from this picture it looks like a scan.

I actually re-did this one a couple of days ago, because the pictures I took initially a year ago were so bad. The old picture had a big reflection in the photo and you couldn't even read part of the cover.

So what I try to do is take pictures without the flash and not have any light reflected in the book(s), usually by an outside source (lamps). That's why I like shooting photos in the daytime, the light coming in through the windows is usually enough lighting for a photo.
    Geoff

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If you do need to light something and don't have one of those nice little photo studios like RF posted, just buy a couple of sheets of white foamcore. Use a desk lamp or some other sort of light that you can adjust, but don't point it at the books. Put some of the foamcore on the sides and aim the light at that. Quite a bit of it will reflect onto the books and if you play with the angles you shouldn't get any reflections.

Most standard product photography will also be top lit (in addition to a side light or two).

If you don't have any lights and absolutely must use the camera flash, cover it with a coffee filter. It's thin enough that some of the flash will still make it through the paper, but thick enough that it will diffuse it and "should" prevent hot spots in the photos. (Don't just hold it in front of the flash, tape it down or secure it somehow so it is snug against the flash lense.)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A tri-pod works to help avoid using flash. Long exposures aren't subject to jitter.
    I have used mine with the timer, you click the shutter, step back and wait for the timer countdown, when the shutter opens there is no jiggle from your hand at the beginning or during the exposure.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing too big but i got my Lisey's Story Gift Edition today! Still in the shrink wrap too!

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, for your new gift edition!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This just came in today. I think it is very interesting and I don't have anything else quite like it in my collection. It is a first edition of THE EYES OF THE DRAGON, the 1987 trade edition by Viking. It's a nice copy with an absolutely perfect dust jacket.

But what makes it unique are the inscriptions.

On the half-title page King has boldly inscribed the book and took up about 2/3 of the page in doing so.

Approximately one month later Naomi King inscribed the book on the green ffe. She basically repeats what her Dad had written one month earlier.

Naomi is one of the people to whom King dedicated the book and, I suppose, that is, at least partly, why she inscribed the book.

Does anyone know who "Michael Schaefer" might be? Any thoughts on the significance of the inscriptions?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are some very, very nice inscriptions. I have no idea who Michael Schaefer is, but he was a very lucky person!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, my nerdiness knows no bounds.

Today I received a limited editon 12" sculpture of The Ymir, from the 1957 Ray Haryhausen classic....... 20 Million Miles to Earth.

Like my Cyclops from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad that I have previously posted, this too is limited to just 1000 pieces.

By the way, get those Tivos and VCRs set, TCM is running Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers and 20 Million Miles to Earth back to back on Tuesday morning!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to post more pics of all your collection, Tippy!! IT LOOKS AWESOME!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a link to a page that show the different figures avalable from the Ray Harryhausen collection.

Ray Harryhausen - 12" Polyester Resin Statues Gallery

I have all of these (just won the "3 Ghouls" on ebay 15 minutes ago) with the exception of "Kali" and the "Kneeling Talos" and "Standing Talos".

They are also available in 12" vinyl and 8" vinyl, but trust me the 12" resin statues are much more detailed.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

impressive carlos!

Michael Schaefer, University of Central Arkansas
    But doesnt explain why... (if its the one)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just ordered a very cheap and used UK paperback copy of Nightmares & Dreamscapes... (£2.80)... for the use i plann to do...

Brooklyn in August & Head Down hadnt been translated in french.. the publisher must have think it was useless, coz baseball isnt really popular in France...
    well to be correct: Baseball is kind of unknown in France..

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

And you are going to translate it, right?

John

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Michael Schaefer, University of Central Arkansas
    But doesnt explain why... (if its the one)
    I doubt he is the one, but it's possible.

I think it's likely the family lives/lived in Bangor. If so, Stu and Penney probably know them or know of them. I've sent an e-mail to Stu and we'll see if he can shed some light on it for me. Betts seems to be closed today so it might be a couple of days before I hear back.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Yes, my nerdiness knows no bounds.

Today I received a limited editon 12" sculpture of The Ymir, from the 1957 Ray Haryhausen classic....... 20 Million Miles to Earth.

Like my Cyclops from The 7th Voyage of Sinbad that I have previously posted, this too is limited to just 1000 pieces.

By the way, get those Tivos and VCRs set, TCM is running Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers and 20 Million Miles to Earth back to back on Tuesday morning!
    Congrats, btw I loved that Sinbad movie. I need to rent it again...
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received these today, thanks to Hutch !!!
    US 1st of Thinner with the band around it
    UK 1st of Thinner
    UK 1st of Christine

If anyone has the UK Thinner with the band let me know, I would like to get it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry the images are so large, first time posting pictures on here !! just proud of myself for figuring it out to begin with !!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some very, very nice acquisitions, Rusty!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great, congratulations nameless!!

Don't worry about the pic size, they look cool as hell.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK..I gotta gloat on this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150226622594

Can you belive that!! Makes #2 I also have the deluxe "PC" copy...gotta work on the S/L now!
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Chooch, that's a GREAT buy! Congratulations!

I know the seller--at one time, he could get me US proofs of King's new books. He then changed jobs, so no more proofs.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 1056 ... LastLast