Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 1049 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I want the beer. PM me please.
    You would drink it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ari, The chinese DT covers are wonderful.

Here are my lastest new "pride and joy":

Legends Italian Ed. / 1 ed.

Rare Italian Promo of "Needful Things"

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Unique! I like the Legends' cover, especially!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Signed Firestarter

Just got a signed/inscribed 1st of Firestarter yesterday.

The book itself is in Near Fine condition I would say, and I like that the inscription is dated pretty close to the publication date.

I think I got a pretty good deal at $120 shipped.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great price. Congratulations on a nice aquisition.

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Unique! I like the Legends' cover, especially!

John
    Thanks john, I like the cover too...

...and this book give me the possibility to read the "Little Sisters of Eluria" for the first time!!!

I will spend my week into the Dark tower world, once again!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just got a signed/inscribed 1st of Firestarter yesterday.
    The book itself is in Near Fine condition I would say, and I like that the inscription is dated pretty close to the publication date.

I think I got a pretty good deal at $120 shipped.
    Fantastic.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

great price tippy, congrats!
    Geoff

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No picture, but my latest acquisition is a Gunslinger Born #5 Sketch Variant. This was the only piece missing in my collection - I mean all editions, all variants, all sketch variants, the Daily Bugle the Marvel Previews, the Door Poster, the Omnibus hardcover collection, the Sketch Book, the Guidebook and the postcards!

I will say here and now that I am not going to collect the variants and sketch variants for The Long Road Home. This got just too costly!

I did get a few good deals on the Sketch Variants - unfortunatley I paid $75 for #1, and $50 for #'s 2-3; Got #4 for $35; #5 for $22, #6 for $15 and #7 for $15. That's a lot of cashola for (7) 48 page comics!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm not real happy the signature isn't on the title page, but I'll take it, a signed Duma Key.

Geoff

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get a few signed copies of this book, and only ONE of them was signed on the title page (which is the one I kept for myself).

Unfortunately, it was also the one in the worst condition, but I am with you...I prefer 'em signed on the title page!

See my 02/16/08 post in this thread for a picture.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, in looking at your picture it looks like there is a "ghost" of a signature above the one that we can clearly see (beneath the Scribner insignia).

Almost looks like it is signed on the next page as well.

You sure your book is not double-signed?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

You know, in looking at your picture it looks like there is a "ghost" of a signature above the one that we can clearly see (beneath the Scribner insignia).

Almost looks like it is signed on the next page as well.

You sure your book is not double-signed?????
    Oh yeah, I can see it - that would be quite a coup......

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe they are two different signatures.

The loop crosses the "S" quite high on the visible signature, and significantly lower on the "ghost" signature.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, your eyes are good! You must eat a lot of carrots!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I can sorta see what you guys are talking about, but I agree with Wiz you guys have some good eyes. I'll check when I get home, but I don't think it's double signed. It must be something weird with the camera reflection or something. I'll post what I find.
    Geoff

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

One item closer to getting a complete set of First Editions.

The Shining

Now all I have left is the following:
    • Salem's Lot
    • Night Shift
    • Thinner
    • The Gunslinger
    • Rage
    • The Running Man
    • Roadwork
    • The Long Walk
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I can sorta see what you guys are talking about, but I agree with Wiz you guys have some good eyes. I'll check when I get home, but I don't think it's double signed. It must be something weird with the camera reflection or something. I'll post what I find.
    Nope. That is no reflection

The top signature is different from the bottom one.

You, my friend have a double-signed book (lucky bastard).

I owe you a Coke if that is not the case!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get a few signed copies of this book, and only ONE of them was signed on the title page (which is the one I kept for myself).

Unfortunately, it was also the one in the worst condition, but I am with you...I prefer 'em signed on the title page!

See my 02/16/08 post in this thread for a picture.
    Yeah, both the 1st/1st Duma Key I ended up with and the 1st/3rd my friend got from the Sarasota Barnes & Noble were signed on the colophon page as well. I'm still okay with that, since they cost retail less 30%! 8)

I guess when he is in any particular store, it's almost a crapshoot where he signs. I have some other books of his signed on the title page (like Lisey's Story) and some signed on the blank front page. I even recently got a 1st printing of It he signed on the cover...
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually kept two copies for myself.

One that was signed on the title page and one that was signed on the colophone page.

Same situation with The 2007 Best American Short Stories. I have two copies with each signature on a different page.

Yes, I am a dork.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually kept two copies for myself.

One that was signed on the title page and one that was signed on the colophone page.

Same situation with The 2007 Best American Short Stories. I have two copies with each signature on a different page.

Yes, I am a dork.
    Well, dork to dork, then, I see nothing wrong with that for a collector!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received a signed Duma Key today. Not signed on the title page, nor the best signature, but a signed copy nonetheless.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That is one handsome looking book!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jerome, that looks wonderful.

<--can't wait until his is signed.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well I don't even have an unsigned Scribner Duma Key yet!

(I've got the Hodder & Stoughton hardback and paperback and the audiobook though)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 1049 ... LastLast