Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1278 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 278 778 1178 1228 1268 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1288 ... LastLast
Results 31,926 to 31,950 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! WOW!!!

Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been an exiting month or two:

CDCC glasses and an inexpensive Just after sunset collectors edition. (the middle glass has an STRONG rum and coke (diet pepsi actually), hence why it is sideways, and explains any typo's in this post)

Spoiler:

Amaranthine's Alice in wonderland Jaberwock edition

Spoiler:

Some recent SK limited editions. (have a Misery signed on the way, from across the pond)

Spoiler:

The Dead Zone just arrived Today, and boy do I love the artwork! Wish PS did portfolios.

Some recent Suntup AE's (Exorsist also arrived today)

Spoiler:

Speaking of Suntup editions, this just arrived today, I think I got a very good deal!! very excited about it:

Spoiler:

The portfolio and Cross all match the book (Letter P or *--*)

I was about to email a nasty gram when I saw the limitation page, until I remembered that the limitation for the lettered was done in morse code.

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice stuff. Love the Joe Hill.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Ari, that pop-up is awesome; Ned Dameron is absolutely one of my favorites.

Yeah, I know it's not King but this is without a doubt my newest Pride and Joy, and it's a cool one; a dual platinum album presentation celebrating sales of 1 million copies each of John Lennon's "Imagine" and "Shaved Fish" from John Lennon and Yoko Ono to San Francisco RKO Radio personality Dave Sholin. On December 8, 1980, Dave Sholin visited The Dakota hotel in New York City and interviewed Lennon and Ono in their apartment; later that same day Lennon was assassinated. That session is now known as "The Last Interview".

The presentation piece is from the memorabilia collection of Sholin's fellow California DJ "Mr Ed" Lambert who passed away in 2020. It's freakin' huge in-person as you can see by the photo of my daughter holding it, they're set in a 2-inch deep shadowbox-style frame on floating mounts with a plexiglass cover. You can listen to or read Lennon's "The Last Interview" at this link: http://www.beatlesarchive.net/john-l...er-8-1980.html

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Wonderful
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Lettered Horns sure is sweet, isn't it Mike. Congrats! What letter did you get?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That Lettered Horns sure is sweet, isn't it Mike. Congrats! What letter did you get?
    ". - - ."

Or P to the layman. I believe the seller I bought it from is selling all of her Lettered Suntups (didn't see Misery listed). Go to harperwildeco.com

I panicked when I didn't see the letter, until I remembered they were done in Morse code. The . - - . just looked like some kind of separator. (I also
    panicked again when the first page a googled for Morse code showed something different for letter P). Even though I already had the portfolio and
    cross to match my numbered, I went ahead and bought them to match the lettered.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Kingfan2323 -- congratulations on a beautiful numbered Regulators! It looks very nice...and a zippo lighter. Cool!

John
    Ah. . . Thanks a lot. I love it. Cooler than I even thought it was going to be.

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    It's been an exiting month or two:

CDCC glasses and an inexpensive Just after sunset collectors edition. (the middle glass has an STRONG rum and coke (diet pepsi actually), hence why it is sideways, and explains any typo's in this post)

Spoiler:

Amaranthine's Alice in wonderland Jaberwock edition

Spoiler:

Some recent SK limited editions. (have a Misery signed on the way, from across the pond)

Spoiler:

The Dead Zone just arrived Today, and boy do I love the artwork! Wish PS did portfolios.

Some recent Suntup AE's (Exorsist also arrived today)

Spoiler:

Speaking of Suntup editions, this just arrived today, I think I got a very good deal!! very excited about it:

Spoiler:

The portfolio and Cross all match the book (Letter P or *--*)

I was about to email a nasty gram when I saw the limitation page, until I remembered that the limitation for the lettered was done in morse code.

Damn! Wow! Congrats on all fronts!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    ". - - ."

Or P to the layman. I believe the seller I bought it from is selling all of her Lettered Suntups (didn't see Misery listed). Go to harperwildeco.com

I panicked when I didn't see the letter, until I remembered they were done in Morse code. The . - - . just looked like some kind of separator. (I also
    panicked again when the first page a googled for Morse code showed something different for letter P). Even though I already had the portfolio and
    cross to match my numbered, I went ahead and bought them to match the lettered.
    I'm G and it's the Pride and Joy of my collection by far. Just an extremely gorgeous production all way round. I have the matching portfolio as well but my seller didn't order the matching cross.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received Billy Summer's UK proof

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Ari!
    P2

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That's a sweet looking proof! Congrats, Ari!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Six years ago I made an exchange with my friend Jim Carpenter for a new and flawless The Gunslinger 1st DJ. I didn't have a copy of the book at that moment but I knew that one day a good deal was going to be in front of me and I was going to need one, and that day took place ten days ago.
    Until today my collection didn't have a Gunslinger 1st. Lucky for me I was quick enough to pull the trigger on one very nice priced for today's standard.

One more for the collection and one less to search for. I'm still missing The Maine Review mag. so if you have one or know of someone... I'm in. 😊

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to plan ahead Ari, congrats.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Six years ago I made an exchange with my friend Jim Carpenter for a new and flawless The Gunslinger 1st DJ. I didn't have a copy of the book at that moment but I knew that one day a good deal was going to be in front of me and I was going to need one, and that day took place ten days ago.
    Until today my collection didn't have a Gunslinger 1st. Lucky for me I was quick enough to pull the trigger on one very nice priced for today's standard.

One more for the collection and one less to search for. I'm still missing The Maine Review mag. so if you have one or know of someone... I'm in. 😊

That's WONDERFUL, Congrats Ari!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Ari!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping he'lll get fine
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Big one. You are a patient collector indeed

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Ari, that pop-up is awesome; Ned Dameron is absolutely one of my favorites.

Yeah, I know it's not King but this is without a doubt my newest Pride and Joy, and it's a cool one; a dual platinum album presentation celebrating sales of 1 million copies each of John Lennon's "Imagine" and "Shaved Fish" from John Lennon and Yoko Ono to San Francisco RKO Radio personality Dave Sholin. On December 8, 1980, Dave Sholin visited The Dakota hotel in New York City and interviewed Lennon and Ono in their apartment; later that same day Lennon was assassinated. That session is now known as "The Last Interview".

The presentation piece is from the memorabilia collection of Sholin's fellow California DJ "Mr Ed" Lambert who passed away in 2020. It's freakin' huge in-person as you can see by the photo of my daughter holding it, they're set in a 2-inch deep shadowbox-style frame on floating mounts with a plexiglass cover. You can listen to or read Lennon's "The Last Interview" at this link: http://www.beatlesarchive.net/john-l...er-8-1980.html

Very cool, congratulations. I know it’s not King related but still a great P&J. When I saw this it reminded me are a related encounter I had. I’ll put it in spoilers so anyone not interested can skip it
    Spoiler:
    Several years ago my wife and I are at a local restaurant enjoying a round of drinks. The gentleman sitting next to us strikes ups a conversation and is telling us some funny stories and jokes. At some point I realize it is Tommy Smothers. We end up having a delightful afternoon and without allowing any argument he picks up our tab. A few months later I’m watching a John Lennon documentary and I am totally surprised when I see the part about the Montreal “Bed-In” and live recording of “Give Peace A Chance”. Guess who is sitting on the bed with John and Yoko playing guitar, the one and only Tommy Smothers. I’m thrill to see this but disappoint that I didn’t know about this before I met Tommy. I would have loved to have asked him about this iconic moment not only in music history but the peace movement.
    Fast-forward to a few years ago. My wife and I, along with another couple fell into a last minute dinner reservation at a very hard to get into restaurant due to a cancelation. When we arrive and are shown to our table we see Tommy. We briefly say hello and then I can’t stop thinking about my missed opportunity. A short time later Tommy comes over and sits down in the booth next to one of our friend, just to be funny. I’m trying to figure out how to ask him about Montreal and then I hear my wife invite him to join us for dinner. He declines because he is with a friend. We then invite his friend and point out that the 4 of us are at a table for 8, and 2 more would comfortably fit. Thankfully they decide to join us. After introductions; I grab my chance and recap our previous meeting and ask if he would be willing to tell us about the 1969 ‘Bed-In”. His eyes lit up and an incredible smile came across his face. Without hesitation he begins telling us about that day. One of my favorite stories about that afternoon was how John was so upset with Tommy. As Tommy explained it; he wasn’t playing up to John’s standards and John wanted him to get it together and quickly or he would need to leave. I’m happy to report Tommy got his act together and the rest is history. At the end of the stories Tommy just starts singing the chorus. It was truly incredible to hear an intimate recounting of that day directly from someone that was not only there but truly a part of it. A bit later in the evening and something odd happened; Tommy asked me if I wanted to arm wrestle? For some reason I agreed and kept thinking to myself “careful, you don’t want to hurt him”. Well the only thing hurt was my pride as I was schooled by an 80+ year old Tommy. Tommy was then kind enough to teach me a technique and I was able to somewhat redeem myself in a rematch. As the evening wound down Tommy and his friend were quietly have a disagreement. After Tommy left the table his friend shared that they were auguring over their bill. Tommy always pays and his friend was insisting that it was his turn. His friend prevailed and they both left a short time later. As we enjoyed the end of the evening we notice our waiter was nowhere to be found, we let the manager know that we would like to leave and just need to pay our bill. He smiled and said it had already been taken care of.
    It was, without a doubt, a night to remember.

Here is a photo of the match.
    Spoiler:
    I’m laughing in reaction to just having lost the first two rounds.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic story!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1278 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 278 778 1178 1228 1268 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1288 ... LastLast