Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1212 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 212 712 1112 1162 1202 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1222 1262 ... LastLast
Results 30,276 to 30,300 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I will be embarking on my 44th annual reading of 'Salem's Lot in style tomorrow...

Along the 'Salem's Lot line some recent acquisitions by Second Coming artist Robert Addison.

Hide & Seek #2, 1967. 24" x 30", egg tempera on Masonite board:

Old Bones, 1973. 24" x 32", egg tempera on Masonite board:

Circus Wagons, 1974. 20" x 36" egg tempera on Masonite board.

Backyard Swing, 1983. 16" x 24" gouache on board.
    Paintings are very nice BUT have you read Salem's 43 times???

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    ...have you read Salem's 43 times???
    Yes, indeed. I look forward to September 5th with great anticipation each year.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Wow, That Stand and 'Salem's / Second Coming art are both amazing. And I love the cover art t-shirt!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing. There was a convo on here a while ago about the debate on re-reading books. You are the poster boy! I just read it for my second time a few months ago. I will not be trying to catch up. Ha!

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Amazing. There was a convo on here a while ago about the debate on re-reading books. You are the poster boy! I just read it for my second time a few months ago. I will not be trying to catch up. Ha!

I always smile at Mark Petrie's thoughts on his mom re-reading books each time I read SL:
    "...Mark was darned he could see the sense in reading a book more than once. You knew how it was going to end."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always smile at Mark Petrie's thoughts on his mom re-reading books each time I read SL:
    "...Mark was darned he could see the sense in reading a book more than once. You knew how it was going to end."
    There's actually a genre of scientific literature about re-experiencing things (re-watching a movie, re-reading a book, re-visiting a museum with the same exhibits, etc.) that shows that people generally have a better time than they think they will when they do something a second time.

The general idea is that (a) you know that you liked the experience the first time so you're not distracted by worrying about whether or not you'll enjoy it, and (b) because you've experienced it before you can regulate your attention appropriately (e.g., be extra engaged with scenes you like, and feel OK being disengaged with scenes that you don't enjoy as much because you know you're not going to miss something).

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the comments. Worked my tail off today to get this little project done. I present...
    The world's biggest clamshell case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Thank you for the comments. Worked my tail off today to get this little project done. I present...

That is fantastic!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks fabulous well done, G.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool (and innovative)!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Wow that's super cool!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

There's actually a genre of scientific literature about re-experiencing things (re-watching a movie, re-reading a book, re-visiting a museum with the same exhibits, etc.) that shows that people generally have a better time than they think they will when they do something a second time.

The general idea is that (a) you know that you liked the experience the first time so you're not distracted by worrying about whether or not you'll enjoy it, and (b) because you've experienced it before you can regulate your attention appropriately (e.g., be extra engaged with scenes you like, and feel OK being disengaged with scenes that you don't enjoy as much because you know you're not going to miss something).

That's why in celebration of our 32 wedding anniversary, my wife and I are having sex for the 32nd time...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Married with Children reference there, RF.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post

Very creative and outstanding display! But, why did you crop out the WAR EAGLE sign from the photo?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

It's not the nicest Gunslinger 1st trade you'll see on this forum, but it's mine! And it was under $500. I'm very happy with the condition of the book itself, perhaps one day I'll get a new dust jacket. Need a slip case asap

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

And my latest pickup is the US trade of The Institute. I truly do cherish this as who knows how many more times I will be able to read a new Stephen King novel at this point.

Anyone know who won the signed copy from stephenking.com ? I hope it was someone here!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an extra slipcase, one of the original grant's I think, I'll look when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    It's not the nicest Gunslinger 1st trade you'll see on this forum, but it's mine! And it was under $500. I'm very happy with the condition of the book itself, perhaps one day I'll get a new dust jacket. Need a slip case asap

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post

Hey, you got one. That's what is important. Maybe you can find a DJ because I am guessing the book is in great shape. Very good spine.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Congratulations!! Looks like a nice signature, based on the small amount peeking through!!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Christ, I knew I forgot something.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Christ, I knew I forgot something.
    Senior moment.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1212 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 212 712 1112 1162 1202 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1222 1262 ... LastLast