Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1267 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 267 767 1167 1217 1257 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1277 ... LastLast
Results 31,651 to 31,675 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a great program that is very user friendly. You can make notes, pricing for bought and current, place bought from you name it, tons of info can be input to it and most have slots for it. It is worth the $15 a year to me because of the ease. You can search older books and enter most by scanning bar codes.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    It is a great program that is very user friendly. You can make notes, pricing for bought and current, place bought from you name it, tons of info can be input to it and most have slots for it. It is worth the $15 a year to me because of the ease. You can search older books and enter most by scanning bar codes.
    Sounds great, thank you. One thing, I don't use a smart phone so being able to search for S/L, AE etc by the isbn no. makes a big difference. Does it do that or do I have to manually enter the book? Again, I really appreciate your insight and info.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am ok with the fee. I do need to put it all in an Excel file at some point.
    So overall you're very happy with that program, right? I'm thinking I may go for the PC version at $30 a year with the cloud back up. I just finished a large step in configuring my home library and I have to say it's coming out better than I thought it would. Still waiting for a new bookcase to arrive, a lamp, charging cable and have to procure a nice leather wingback chair and overhead lamp, but what I had has all been moved to the new larger room and configured perfectly.

Next step will be to review and update and finally catalogue on paper/program my entire collection for posterity's sake and my children. That way when I go to that library in the sky they'll be able to easily ID everything I have and then either maintain and add or sell it off. I'm really, really happy with the new digs and can't wait to get started!!! I think if you give it your blessing I'm gonna give this program a go. $30 ayear seems very reasonable (less than $3 bucks a month) and as long as they have staying power it seems like a no brainer. They provide ample room for notes to designate signatures, AE's, Remarques and special editions? Will the program find ALL ISBN's? Even limited and artist editions as well as multiple publishers so that I can viably utilize the book cover template? How is it to navigate? Simple?

I would greatly appreciate any input reccomendations you can provide, Garrell!!!! Feel free to put it in a PM so we don't bore the multitudes!!! LOL LOL

What software is it?

A few years back I looked into similar softwares, but decided to go the excel way.
    For several reasons, and here is what I would recommend people to look into :
    - is the software a proprietary software, or can you easily export to xls? because it is $15 today, but what if the company goes bankrupt or decides suddenly to charge 500 a year? Can you get out of it or will you have to restart from scratch?
    Kind of like imageshack for those that were using it : they decided to move from free to 250 dollars a year and at first there were no real ways to retrieve the pictures, if i recall correctly? A big sort of blackmail for those that were desperate to get their files

- how easy is it to add YOUR books? ISBN is useful, but what if you got books without isbn? Like proofs? Old magazines and fanzines? what about items that are not books? : like vhs or dvd / bluray, promo items. Can you enter them as well?
    do you have to add manually a lot of informations to create an entry or does it take 5 seconds?

- how customisable is it? can you add the columns and infos you need? excel can be pretty customisable. I can create a cell that counts my purchase costs, my estimate value of the collection... however it doesnt really allow covers. although I could add links to an external folder that could contain them

Excel may not be the nicest to look at, but to me it does the job. I have tabs about books/items I am looking for ; other tabs for specific parts of my collection (given I collect a few authors), and being synchronized in Dropbox, I can access it anywhere from my laptop to my phone
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am ok with the fee. I do need to put it all in an Excel file at some point.
    So overall you're very happy with that program, right? I'm thinking I may go for the PC version at $30 a year with the cloud back up. I just finished a large step in configuring my home library and I have to say it's coming out better than I thought it would. Still waiting for a new bookcase to arrive, a lamp, charging cable and have to procure a nice leather wingback chair and overhead lamp, but what I had has all been moved to the new larger room and configured perfectly.

Next step will be to review and update and finally catalogue on paper/program my entire collection for posterity's sake and my children. That way when I go to that library in the sky they'll be able to easily ID everything I have and then either maintain and add or sell it off. I'm really, really happy with the new digs and can't wait to get started!!! I think if you give it your blessing I'm gonna give this program a go. $30 ayear seems very reasonable (less than $3 bucks a month) and as long as they have staying power it seems like a no brainer. They provide ample room for notes to designate signatures, AE's, Remarques and special editions? Will the program find ALL ISBN's? Even limited and artist editions as well as multiple publishers so that I can viably utilize the book cover template? How is it to navigate? Simple?

I would greatly appreciate any input reccomendations you can provide, Garrell!!!! Feel free to put it in a PM so we don't bore the multitudes!!! LOL LOL

What software is it?

A few years back I looked into similar softwares, but decided to go the excel way.
    For several reasons, and here is what I would recommend people to look into :
    - is the software a proprietary software, or can you easily export to xls? because it is $15 today, but what if the company goes bankrupt or decides suddenly to charge 500 a year? Can you get out of it or will you have to restart from scratch?
    Kind of like imageshack for those that were using it : they decided to move from free to 250 dollars a year and at first there were no real ways to retrieve the pictures, if i recall correctly? A big sort of blackmail for those that were desperate to get their files

- how easy is it to add YOUR books? ISBN is useful, but what if you got books without isbn? Like proofs? Old magazines and fanzines? what about items that are not books? : like vhs or dvd / bluray, promo items. Can you enter them as well?
    do you have to add manually a lot of informations to create an entry or does it take 5 seconds?

- how customisable is it? can you add the columns and infos you need? excel can be pretty customisable. I can create a cell that counts my purchase costs, my estimate value of the collection... however it doesnt really allow covers. although I could add links to an external folder that could contain them

Excel may not be the nicest to look at, but to me it does the job. I have tabs about books/items I am looking for ; other tabs for specific parts of my collection (given I collect a few authors), and being synchronized in Dropbox, I can access it anywhere from my laptop to my phone
    I have been using access for the last 2 years or so. It is pretty fun, but tedious. It was originally for SK books only, so didn't even add an Author field, but now that I have several Suntup books and started to collect Joe Hill, need to decide whether to have one big database, or 1 per author. Having multiple authors would mean adding another field, and updating all my queries.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I had an excel spreadsheet, and then my SSD died and I lost it. I have backup solutions too (dropbox and external HDD) but for some reason never made a copy of it. I was thinking about just moving to Google sheets so I don't do something stupid like that again.

You could potentially have excel/google sheets/whatever query an external JSON service that returns the title/whatever you want for an ISBN you type in. Here's an example from openlibrary.org:

https://openlibrary.org/isbn/0385199570.json

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not many people in my "real" life get the excitement that comes with book collecting, but I know you guys do. I just happened to log into eBay today for a quick SK browse and found an almost too-good-to-be-true listing of a book I've been looking for in perfect condition for the past 15 years. I messaged the seller to confirm the condition and got this reply: "Yes, unread tight binding. It’ll be as if you time traveled back to 19_ _ and purchased the book new directly from the book store." The heavens opened up, angels sang, and it rained Hershey bars and candy canes.

Guess the title...NOW.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's Story

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How'd you know?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my first french official book, and not self-printed : it's an essay about Bernard Werber, a french author that is mostly unknown to the english-speaking readers as only his first book was released in the USA.

This is a small chapbook, but I am still pretty happy as I suggested it to the publisher after they released a similar one a few months ago about Stephen King.
    And I had been working in the past about a project about Bernard Werber.

First print of 200 copies, and they are pretty cheap : 2€ for digital copies, and 5€ shipped otherwise !

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, J!! 😊😊
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Jeremy, very cool!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice brother. You Should be very proud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, awesome to get published!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my first french official book, and not self-printed : it's an essay about Bernard Werber, a french author that is mostly unknown to the english-speaking readers as only his first book was released in the USA.

This is a small chapbook, but I am still pretty happy as I suggested it to the publisher after they released a similar one a few months ago about Stephen King.
    And I had been working in the past about a project about Bernard Werber.

First print of 200 copies, and they are pretty cheap : 2€ for digital copies, and 5€ shipped otherwise !
    That's awesome Jeremy, congrats! So what do we need to do to get our hands on the signed/lettered editions?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Not many people in my "real" life get the excitement that comes with book collecting, but I know you guys do. I just happened to log into eBay today for a quick SK browse and found an almost too-good-to-be-true listing of a book I've been looking for in perfect condition for the past 15 years. I messaged the seller to confirm the condition and got this reply: "Yes, unread tight binding. It’ll be as if you time traveled back to 19_ _ and purchased the book new directly from the book store." The heavens opened up, angels sang, and it rained Hershey bars and candy canes.
    Here we go! My 15 year search for a copy I'm happy with is over. Unread and stored in a plastic tote since it was bought in 1986. Annnnd...no concave or cracked spine!

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful copy! It’s a great feeling not to have to search any longer!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the nicest I have seen. Congratulations.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats! That's a stunning copy.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! The hunt is still on for a Skeleton Crew.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here we go! My 15 year search for a copy I'm happy with is over. Unread and stored in a plastic tote since it was bought in 1986. Annnnd...no concave or cracked spine!

Over the years. I looked back and had purchased 107 copies of that book. I have one just like you do... but it took me years. I think this book is near impossible to get like this. I ironically kept 26 of those... to have a copy for year year of the 27 year cycle... BUT only one is that nice. I think it’s worth FAR more than anyone wouod guess. Far more.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a pic of them. Along with all my IT stuff. Lol it’s bigger now as that was 2 years ago. Do I love this book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't have too much sh(IT)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1267 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 267 767 1167 1217 1257 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1277 ... LastLast